Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #631
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

yeah I'm only picking the 60 pound heavier man because he's from the same continent as me.

I gets that's the reason you're picking the 60 lighter man because he's from the same continent as you.

glad we have finally resolved this debate.

Mcgrain, do us all a favour and close this thread any meaningful debate ended long ago.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #632
BCS8
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Mm. It's gone down the shitter alright. Mind you, what CAN you really say about a completely hypothetical matchup between fighters from different eras with no opponents in common? I'm just waiting for the challenges to a fight to cap the thread off.
BCS8 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #633
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,443
vCash: 239
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
yeah I'm only picking the 60 pound heavier man because he's from the same continent as me.

I gets that's the reason you're picking the 60 lighter man because he's from the same continent as you.

glad we have finally resolved this debate.

Mcgrain, do us all a favour and close this thread any meaningful debate ended long ago.
I wouldn't blame you for wanting this thread shut down after claiming such nonsense like Wlad would floor Rock in a trade off despite the fact he cant and never went toe to toe in his life.
You made plenty of assumptions here that were not true due to your love for Wlad and i pulled you on it, so know you want MaGrain to end the thread? Sad.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #634
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,443
vCash: 239
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Im pulling out of this thread due to K2 fanboys having a meltdown after i debunked every argument brought to me. This will be be last post on the matter unless somebody can show me Wlad beating a pressure fighter who is made of stone.

Its ironic that height is the main reason people give Rock no chance as i believe Wlad is better equiped at knocking out fighters that stand tall and abvove 6 foot. These fighters dont have the advantage Rock has- to be able to bob ,squat and roll under the jab. This is why he couldn't knock out Haye , Byrd 1 and had trouble with Chambers and Peter. Wlad is going to have to come down lower to try hug and anybody who knows Rocky knows he throws a sickening uppercut to the body and head. Shots like that are going to take away Wlads stanima and power extremly fast. Look how he fell apart against Brewster who doesn't have half the power Rock has.

If he barley knocked out light hitting Chambers after 12 rounds , how can canbody in their right mind say he knocks out Marciano.

These are a few paragraphs on Rockys power by boxing writer Mike Casey.

What made Rocky special was that he was a genuine, two-fisted knockout puncher who could damage an opponent with equal effect to both head and body. Marciano’s outstanding endurance enabled him to keep firing and he would fire at any available target. As Dempsey and Louis correctly noted, Rocky could knock a man out with a single shot or break his body and his heart over the long haul with a battery of powerful blows.

The punch of a knockout fighter carries a huge amount of energy. Scientists will tell you that an uppercut which lifts a man off his feet requires the energy of ‘mgh’, where ‘m’ is the mass of the opponent, ‘g’ the acceleration due to gravity and ‘h’ the height to which the opponent is lifted. On average, it is reckoned that 700 foot-pounds of energy is required to manage this feat.

Power punching, for all its surface brutality and apparently meaningless violence to the eye of the layman, is a wonderful science. The precious few who genuinely possess it must marry a formidable range of components and make them flow in harmony.

Historian Mike Hunnicut says, “Some guys are just born with it and no amount of technical jargon will ever fully explain why they are so exceptional. But they all possessed the essential qualities of the true power puncher, which comprise of reflexes, natural power, balance, body-to-hand co-ordination, leverage, follow-through, positioning, snap, timing, speed of body turn, accuracy, commitment to the punch and physicality.

“I have talked to a great many fighters, trainers and sparring partners over the years, and they all make the point that it shouldn’t come as any great surprise that most of the great heavyweight hitters weren’t really big guys, because a certain degree of athleticism is needed to produce leverage, position, timing and snap. Fighters of between 190-210lbs generate more measurable power than heavier men.

“I’m inclined to think that Marciano was the hardest hitter behind Dempsey, because Rocky could hurt you anywhere with both hands. Louis, by contrast, wasn’t a great body puncher. Charley Goldman taught Marciano to punch short with plenty of snap. Rocky had good snap and shoulder turn.

No proof exsit's to prove Wlad was a harder hitter. Wach may have an iron chin , but there has to be something lacking if his face is harder than Wlads power..



Below is Dempsey who beat Willard from pillar to post with a 60 pound weight dissadvantage.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by dinovelvet; 12-27-2012 at 02:06 PM.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #635
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Wlad by TKO....I rate Rocky higher, but no way he would win this....I mean, he obviosuly would have a chance because of his punch and agressive style, I just think a Rocky win would be an huge upset.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #636
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
I wouldn't blame you for wanting this thread shut down after claiming such nonsense like Wlad would floor Rock in a trade off despite the fact he cant and never went toe to toe in his life.
You made plenty of assumptions here that were not true due to your love for Wlad and i pulled you on it, so know you want MaGrain to end the thread? Sad.
Love for wlad? Do you have any idea what you are even talking about.

I spent 36 minutes yelling for haye to knock him the **** out. 10 years ago I was hoping Lewis would give him the unification fight and knock him out.

If you think Rocky hits harder than wlad there's no point continuing because that's one of the key reasons I favour wlad. Punch for punch wlad would murder rocky.

I want mcg to shut this thread because despite all our best intentions, we'll return some days from now arguing about the same shit.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #637
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 11,551
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Im pulling out of this thread due to K2 fanboys having a meltdown after i debunked every argument brought to me. This will be be last post on the matter unless somebody can show me Wlad beating a pressure fighter who is made of stone.
A classic strategy of overwhelmed forces throughout history. Pull up camp and retreat while claiming victory. You have debunked nothing and offered even less. You have gone contrary to the opinions of hall of fame trainers and professional heavyweights who have shared the ring with some of the best over the past two decades But you know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Its ironic that height is the main reason people give Rock no chance as i believe Wlad is better equiped at knocking out fighters that stand tall and abvove 6 foot. These fighters dont have the advantage Rock has- to be able to bob ,squat and roll under the jab. This is why he couldn't knock out Haye , Byrd 1 and had trouble with Chambers and Peter. Wlad is going to have to come down lower to try hug and anybody who knows Rocky knows he throws a sickening uppercut to the body and head. Shots like that are going to take away Wlads stanima and power extremly fast. Look how he fell apart against Brewster who doesn't have half the power Rock has.
This really sounds like someone who has never watched the sport. In general, punching down is quite a bit easier than punching up, especially at such an extreme disparity in height. And again, your approach is solely focussed on Rocky's offense, never questioning how a guy who was KD'd by two old light heavy/cruisers would manage against one of the hardest hitting super heavies to come along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
If he barley knocked out light hitting Chambers after 12 rounds , how can canbody in their right mind say he knocks out Marciano.
Never has so confused a statement been made on this board. Firstly, he knocked Chambers ice ****ing cold. He did not knock him into a cereal grain. Secondly, how does Chambers' punching power have more to do with his punch resistance than his movement and defensive abilities?
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #638
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 11,551
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Bumpity bump bump
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #639
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Bumpity bump bump
Damn you
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #640
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

No disrespect to the Rock, but anyone in their right mind can see that he stands next to no chance against the Klitschko's. It's not about the Klitschko's necessarily being better fighters, it's about the fact that they have a 60 pound weight advantage over him!
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #641
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
No disrespect to the Rock, but anyone in their right mind can see that he stands next to no chance against the Klitschko's. It's not about the Klitschko's necessarily being better fighters, it's about the fact that they have a 60 pound weight advantage over him!
So does Willard...it's simplistic arguments like this why this thread fails hard.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #642
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadcapMaxie View Post
So does Willard...it's simplistic arguments like this why this thread fails hard.

Right, let's completely ignore how skilled the Klitschko's are
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #643
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Right, let's completely ignore how skilled the Klitschko's are
Wlad in particular based his entire skillset around his physical advantages, he is very efficent at keeping range with his hard long jab and usually follows with a sneaky right thats loaded with power, he is also quite adept in neutralising opponents by clinching and leaning on them to drain them. Frustrating to combat, boring to watch but very effective.

As much as it pains me, Rocky being my favourite fighter and all, but I'd probably pick Wlad to win although the Rock can never be counted out.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #644
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadcapMaxie View Post
Wlad in particular based his entire skillset around his physical advantages, he is very efficent at keeping range with his hard long jab and usually follows with a sneaky right thats loaded with power, he is also quite adept in neutralising opponents by clinching and leaning on them to drain them. Frustrating to combat, boring to watch but very effective.

As much as it pains me, Rocky being my favourite fighter and all, but I'd probably pick Wlad to win although the Rock can never be counted out.
Yes, when you have murderous puncher like the rock, against a shaky chin like Wlad's, there's always a punchers chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadcapMaxie View Post
So does Willard...it's simplistic arguments like this why this thread fails hard.

So what was wrong with my original post then?

When you pit two great fighters against each other, the guy with the 60 pound weight advantage and 10 inches in height will win
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #645
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 11,551
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

The Willard - Klitschko comparison is embarrassing to those who propose it. Willard was a relative amateur who came late to the game, won the title by outlasting a older, mentally fatigued Jack Johnson over 26 rounds, posted a draw and basically sat on his ass for 4 years. Wlad has an elite amateur pedigree, has 60 fights under his belt, and has ruled the division for the better part of 7 years, or basically as long as Marciano's entire career in the fight game.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013