Dos Santos 25 65.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648
Default JDS vs. The Reem

Say we have Alister Overeem vs. Dos Santos, the current steroided up Overeem of course against the probably also steroided up Dos Santos, who wins.

Last edited by iceferg; 12-29-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: spelt overeem wrong and also at the request of the burg (lynchburg) lol
iceferg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

I think Overeem is the only man alive who can trade with JDS. With that being said, I believe it would be one of the most entertaining fights of recent memory. Ring rust won't be a factor if Alistair Overeem defeats Bigfoot Silva, so we'll see how the two Contenders look at UFC 156.

I see JDS getting clipped, and eating a few shots as he pressed against the cage. I would like to see what Overeem has been training with the Blackzilians. It's quite possible he will attempt to drag Dos Santos down to the ground. I would advice him too. But, in the end I see Alistair lifting his leg and The current Champ clipping him, The Reem falling back as he losses his footing. From there, he will probably be punched out in the middle of a WAR.

JDS TKO2.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
Say we have Alister Overeem vs. Dos Santos, the current steroided up Overeem of course against the probably also steroided up Dos Santos, who wins.
- Cigano isn't on roids you moron. Same as everyone else in his team obviously isn't (Anderson, Nogueiras, Machida)

- Junior dos Santos is a superior boxer and a much tougher fighter, he will walk in on Overeem and smash him up with punches. KO1
Manila is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
I think Overeem is the only man alive who can trade with JDS. With that being said, I believe it would be one of the most entertaining fights of recent memory. Ring rust won't be a factor if Alistair Overeem defeats Bigfoot Silva, so we'll see how the two Contenders look at UFC 156.

I see JDS getting clipped, and eating a few shots as he pressed against the cage. I would like to see what Overeem has been training with the Blackzilians. It's quite possible he will attempt to drag Dos Santos down to the ground. I would advice him too. But, in the end I see Alistair lifting his leg and The current Champ clipping him, The Reem falling back as he losses his footing. From there, he will probably be punched out in the middle of a WAR.

JDS TKO2.
any world class boxer would destroy him on the stand-up but I know what you mean. I think Overeem would use his xp to get the win. Be interesting to see how his stamina holds up with him being that big though.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila View Post
- Cigano isn't on roids you moron. Same as everyone else in his team obviously isn't (Anderson, Nogueiras, Machida)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
any world class boxer would destroy him on the stand-up but I know what you mean. I think Overeem would use his xp to get the win. Be interesting to see how his stamina holds up with him being that big though.
JDS would only lose inside a ring. But, you never know. It's hard to make a prediction on JDS v (insert Boxer) because TDD and Muay Thai are a part of Cigano's standup also. Take those Boxing Shoes off, and put that Boxer inside a cage, or put them on Cigano and I'm certain he will shine. Even in defeat which is always a possibility

I'm more worried about Overeem's endurance to be honest, but I have a feeling the fight will materialize and we will see how well JDS takes a shot to the body. Who knows, it could be a huge knee!

This fight is very intriguing because footwork is one of JDS best assets, and I don't think it's wise for Overeem to be on the inside either. Alistair Overeem could use that Thai Boxing, and attempt to work those legs . But, I feel that would be the end of him. Handspeed would be a BIG FACTOR in this Dream Match.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihQFUYbnjww"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihQFUYbnjww[/ame]

Speaking of Boxing....
Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

JDS vs. Raphael Butler in an MMA fight contested on the feet.

Who do you got?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

As you can see, Cigano's Boxing is not World Class, but in this video he is not training for a Boxing match. He is honing his skills for The Octagon. That's why this round is longer than those in Boxing matches. I saw a nice counter in there, and can see it in the cage! Each fight.

This Boxer doesn't look to be no bigger than 200lbs, but good work for The Champ.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
JDS vs. Raphael Butler in an MMA fight contested on the feet.

Who do you got?
Don't know who that is, but I call it about even going in. Either way the Boxer is going to be at a disadvantage fighting barefoot.

What say you?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Don't know who that is, but I call it about even going in. Either way the Boxer is going to be at a disadvantage fighting barefoot.

What say you?

He is an interesting case, because he has been in the ring with top competition, albeit unsuccessfully, and he has now crossed over to MMA.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Wow, I wasn't expecting an undefeated record. Victory by armbar too. Who knows, maybe someday?

13 second knockout oh snap!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #13
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Speaking of Boxing....
Yes I've seen some of those sparring videos. I actually made a thread about boxers sparring mma fighters at boxing with videos etc. Silva imo looked very average against an amateur boxer who was no one of note who I'd ever really heard of. Fedor looked quite good against Lebedev, there were more but most of the MMA guys looked shit at boxing. I saw Dos Santos sparring some amateur boxer but tbh the amateur looked a lot smaller and Dos Santos might have been holding back a bit.

What do you make of Dos Santos's plans to compete in Rio 2016? Could be interesting, Joshua won Olympics without much time in boxing (although in all fairness he robbed Savon and won 2 on countback in his home country and he was in boxer longer than he made out from what I've heard).
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What do you guys make of mark potter. fought danny williams as a pro, also had an unlicensed fight with Butterbean. Doubt he'll do anything at his age.

IMO boxing is like BJJ and Wrestling etc. in that a true master of the art would be able to do well in MMA if they rounded up on the other areas of their game. You'll never see many greats make the move though as there is enough money in boxing unlike any other martial art.

It anoys me when MMA fans speak highly of bjj etc. yet diss boxing as boxing imo is the western martial art, just as bjj is an eastern one.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #15
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Remains to be seen what Cheateroid is like without the roids

On the roids id pick him to stop Junior

But it remains to be seen what he's like clean

Hopefully Junior smashes the cheating cunt
Beouche is offline  Top