Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default David Price will keep fighting stiffs

I read a few articles from the infamous Scott Gilfoid. I used to think this guy was a professional troll. But now I realise this is a guy who is honest, blunt and talks a lot of sense. His articles on Pricey are pretty spot on in my opinion and you should check them out.

Thing is, Tony Thompson is a 1st or 2nd round KO waiting to happen. So what that he fought Klitschko 6 months ago. Did anyone actually see that fight? Thompson was a joke and outclassed completely. All that 'if he is good enough to fight Klitschko 6 month ago, then he is good enough to fight me' coming from Team Price, may wash with the casual fan, but not with me. The fact is, Thompson of today is not much better, if at all, than Matt Skelton, and is just another one to add to the highlight reel of KOs.

What is Price going to learn from this? How are these fights going to prepare him for the guys beneath Klitschko, never mind Klitschko themselves? He will never be ready at this rate. Some argue Price hs only had 15 fights. Yes but he is nearly 30 and also has extensive amateur experience. If he is serious about becoming World Champ, he would not be fighting stiffs like this. And do not give me the crap about no one wanting to fight him. I am pretty sure one of the European prospects will fight him if they offer the $40,000 Tony Thompson is being offered. They could even offer more.

What I think is, Price and Frank know quite well that they can keep fighting stiffs and 8000 mugs will buy tickets and more mugs will pay for a box nation subscription. There is no incentive financially to fight better opposition. What they are doing now is little (virtually none) risk and high reward.

David Price will not fight for a world title for at least another 5 years at this rate. This is coming from a scouser and big price fan btw.
hughesa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: David Price will keep fighting stiffs

All I can say is, that at the end of the day?,,,,, It gets dark.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
connorcinhull
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 308296

Price is outright winning the Lonsdale belt which has always been his grand plan, then its on to big and better things. Despite age, Tompson is still a good, quality opponent when you consider the fact that before this, Price's biggest win probably came from Ashley ***ton.

His Irish counterpart in Fury has only just stepped out of the domestic ranks himself, give Price a fight or two more, it'll be world class from this fight out.
connorcinhull is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
colinsMrs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I want to see him pick up the Lonsdale belt then vacate and then pick up the EBU title
colinsMrs is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorcinhull View Post
Price is outright winning the Lonsdale belt which has always been his grand plan, then its on to big and better things. Despite age, Tompson is still a good, quality opponent when you consider the fact that before this, Price's biggest win probably came from Ashley ***ton.

His Irish counterpart in Fury has only just stepped out of the domestic ranks himself, give Price a fight or two more, it'll be world class from this fight out.
I would call Thompson "durable" at this point. I'd like to see him in with Wach (drugs shenanigans pending) as Pulev is a 50/50 fight for Price currently.
I Shot JR is online now  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
ciaran
Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorcinhull View Post

dont u mean sam
ciaran is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Scott Gilfoid is a troll... he will be cynical until he is proven wrong, then he will talk down on the loser...

look no further than when he said Paul McCloskey could KO Khan, then a year later said McCloskey was a joke or that Felix Lora would KO Kevin Mitchell () then said don't take anything away from Mitchells domination of Lora, because Lora is a journeyman bum

yeah...Gilfoid speaks a whole lot of sense...
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Price fears the Fury
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #9
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1229

You must be the only person who thinks that biased bigot Scott Gilfoid makes sense, he praises Wilder for fighting nobodys all ranked outside of 100 in the world, then constantly slates Price and Fury whose resume's put Wilder's to shame.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsMrs View Post
I want to see him pick up the Lonsdale belt then vacate and then pick up the EBU title
The only way that Price picks up the EBU is if Pulev drops it on the way back to the changing room
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #11
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Yeah, I completely disagree with you, think this is a logical and beneficial step up and am pleased with the match. I'm looking forward to it.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #12
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Yeah, I completely disagree with you, think this is a logical and beneficial step up and am pleased with the match. I'm looking forward to it.
Thompson, at this stage of his career is awful.

the last several years of his career were all working towards getting the one last payday.

he'll barely even show up against Price, which is probably fortunate
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #13
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Thompson, at this stage of his career is awful.

the last several years of his career were all working towards getting the one last payday.

he'll barely even show up against Price, which is probably fortunate
Yeah, I agree that Thompson is a good step up and a decent fighter who will be good for Price. Good point.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 AM   #14
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

A few years ago, Thompson would have murdered price.

Sadly the tides of time have eroded his ability
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #15
Weirdyman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 397

The thing is, once Price gets past Thompson, everyone will whinge when Price announces his Lonsdale defence against probably Sprott, possibly Towers.
Weirdyman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum