Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
DFW
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Virgil Akins-Tony DeMarco

Did anyone see their fights? They fought twice with Akins winning both by TKO in the 14th and 12th. From what I have read ,both battles were knockdown dragouts with Tony getting quite a pasting but not before having Akins on the canvas.
DFW is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Virgil Akins-Tony DeMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW
Did anyone see their fights? They fought twice with Akins winning both by TKO in the 14th and 12th. From what I have read ,both battles were knockdown dragouts with Tony getting quite a pasting but not before having Akins on the canvas.
I have rounds 8 to 14 of their first meeting, and by god what a tough, tough guy DeMarco was, you just don`t see that kind of toughness anymore these days for the most part. It was sheer heart that saw him survive those knockdowns in the 10th but not only did he survive them but he came roaring back with a vengeance in the 11th and 12th rounds even managing to dump Virgil onto the seat of his pants in the 12th with his famous left hook. Akins finally got him out of there in the 14th with the final knockdown leaving Tony flat on his back with his head being held up by the bottom rope while he was out cold. Ive never been able to track down any film of their second fight although it was filmed, but it followed the same pattern as their first bout by all accounts. Akins had some serious power in both fists, but he was one of the laziest fighters I ever saw and if it weren`t for DeMarco pressing the fight both times I doubt they would have been as exciting as they turned out to be.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Virgil Akins-Tony DeMarco

DFW, check your inbox.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum