Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #91
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: "...The Land of Dixon and Langford..."
Posts: 8,316
vCash: 3930
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Looking at boxrec igarashis claim originates with Miguel canto. Whilst I don't for one second doubt he was the number 1 flyweight, did he ever beat the number 2 whilst there?

Hopefully stoney can clarify.
Canto defeated Shogi Oguma in January 1975 when they were rated one and two respectively in their division. That established a new champion.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #92
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,862
vCash: 330
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
Canto defeated Shogi Oguma in January 1975 when they were rated one and two respectively in their division. That established a new champion.
cheers my good man.. I've never been too clued up on the fusions below feather
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #93
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 240
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Will the TBR be announcing a list of 2012 boxing awards?
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #94
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
Canto defeated Shogi Oguma in January 1975 when they were rated one and two respectively in their division. That established a new champion.
Right -and Canto began a succession that marched right on down to the current world champion, Toshiyuki Igarashi.

Twenty-four in all -including Manny Pacquiao who held it for less than a year and was stopped in 3 by Medgoen Singsurat.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #95
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
Will the TBR be announcing a list of 2012 boxing awards?
No sir. We're focussed like lasers on divisional rankings. There isn't room for much else.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:56 AM   #96
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,862
vCash: 330
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
Right -and Canto began a succession that marched right on down to the current world champion, Toshiyuki Igarashi.

Twenty-four in all -including Manny Pacquiao who held it for less than a year and was stopped in 3 by Medgoen Singsurat.
Fair enough.

I can't say I agree with your championship policy but atleast you're consistent with it.

Well I think anyways, there's the ambiguos matter of zsolt erdei to throw a spanner in the works
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #97
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Fair enough.

I can't say I agree with your championship policy but atleast you're consistent with it.

Well I think anyways, there's the ambiguos matter of zsolt erdei to throw a spanner in the works
It's not ambiguous if you're consistent.

Erdei defeated Julio Gonzalez in '04 for the throne. In November '09 he publically announced that he was vacating to campaign at CW and he took a WBS Cruiserweight title.

A year later he was back at LHW fighting an 8-rounder, but that means nothing.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #98
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,862
vCash: 330
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
It's not ambiguous if you're consistent.

Erdei defeated Julio Gonzalez in '04 for the throne. In November '09 he publically announced that he was vacating to campaign at CW and he took a WBS Cruiserweight title.

A year later he was back at LHW fighting an 8-rounder, but that means nothing.
I like the acceptance of a guy relinquishing his title. Kudos.

Seems an airtight system. I dont agree with it but I do like it so well played.

As a side issue did you ever nail down the legitimacy of Holmes title reign?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #99
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,729
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
It's not ambiguous if you're consistent.

Erdei defeated Julio Gonzalez in '04 for the throne. In November '09 he publically announced that he was vacating to campaign at CW and he took a WBS Cruiserweight title.

A year later he was back at LHW fighting an 8-rounder, but that means nothing.
Did Erdei publicly announce this move? I recall him being legitimately surprised he had won a belt in a new division after the Fragomeni fight, further supported by his low weight for the fight. I understand why he'd no longer be recognized, but I wouldn't necessarily have any objections to people still recognizing him at light heavy either.
purephase is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #100
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Did Erdei publicly announce this move? I recall him being legitimately surprised he had won a belt in a new division after the Fragomeni fight, further supported by his low weight for the fight. I understand why he'd no longer be recognized, but I wouldn't necessarily have any objections to people still recognizing him at light heavy either.
Erdei is on record saying this: "I wish Jürgen [Braehmer] a lot of fun and a lot of luck with the belt. He shouldn’t merely just lose it. Now I’m going to get the WBC belt of Mr. Fragomeni and become the first Hungarian boxer to win world titles in in two weight classes."
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #101
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I like the acceptance of a guy relinquishing his title. Kudos.

Seems an airtight system. I dont agree with it but I do like it so well played.

As a side issue did you ever nail down the legitimacy of Holmes title reign?
I sure did.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #102
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,862
vCash: 330
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
I sure did.
Care to share?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #103
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Holmes never faced the next best when the throne was empty. He never faced the Ring-ranked #1 contender during his reign. He's another example of the premeire heavyweight of his time who failed to do what had to be done to take the throne. And though I haven't thoroughly researched the whys and the wherefores, something tells me that Don King is to blame. And so isn't Holmes for allowing that cad to live in his ear.

This, mind you, is according to my own historical research. It is not the position of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, which looks ahead.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #104
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,862
vCash: 330
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
Holmes never faced the next best when the throne was empty. He never faced the Ring-ranked #1 contender during his reign. He's another example of the premeire heavyweight of his time who failed to do what had to be done to take the throne. And though I haven't thoroughly researched the whys and the wherefores, something tells me that Don King is to blame. And so isn't Holmes for allowing that cad to live in his ear.

This, mind you, is according to my own historical research. It is not the position of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, which looks ahead.
I figured you might say that.

Yeah I know the board is more about ranking than your work I was just curious as always
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #105
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

The rankings have been updated, with changes in the SMW, Jr. Bantam, Jr. Fly, and Strawweight divisions.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013