Dos Santos 25 65.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

I very much doubt Overeem will go into the cage clean. He'll just try harder not to get caught next time. I recon he's been on roids his full career, even at middleweight.
iceferg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

Overeem always folds like a lawn chair when met with a good punch. I fully expect Cigano to ice him in the 1st round roids or not.
Delroc is online now  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #18
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Ive got no love for the TS opening statement but for the benefit of the better guys around here:

dos Santos i believe will KO Overeem with a barrage of power shots, considering Overeem is a striker, his weekness is still is boxing, as in pure boxing

dos Santos just happens to be a pretty good boxer (for MMA) with KO power in both hands, and moving in any direction. His tenacity, cardio, range control and punch selection will be enough to find Overeem's chin and finish the fight!

dos Santos TKO 2 Overeem
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #19
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
I very much doubt Overeem will go into the cage clean. He'll just try harder not to get caught next time. I recon he's been on roids his full career, even at middleweight.
Why dont you post some facts, or give something other than a piss poor opinion that fat old men who dont know shit about sport and fester on a sofa day and night come out with !!!!!!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #20
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Overeem should take a tune up before he fights the winner of JDS-Cain... JDS might lose to Cain!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #21
The Spider

vCash:

A fully roided Overeem just does not feel pain. Ben Edwards has KOed 35 men and just could not put a dint in him. It was like hitting a brick wall >>>

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_Nd_7e9k0[/ame]

If anyone can withstand JDS' power it is Overeem.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #22
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I love Reem and the whole show, the muscles, the destruction, the hype but during all of that one man has fought them all and destroyed them all from early in his career, no talk, no hype, no ped's. That man is Cigano and simply because Reems bird is incredible and Santos is horrific, he deserves to decimate his existence.

Look for Reem the bully to appear and after not suceeding with vicious attempts, he'll be treated to the same kind and revert to type.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #23
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
I love Reem and the whole show, the muscles, the destruction, the hype but during all of that one man has fought them all and destroyed them all from early in his career, no talk, no hype, no ped's. That man is Cigano and simply because Reems bird is incredible and Santos is horrific, he deserves to decimate his existence.

Look for Reem the bully to appear and after not suceeding with vicious attempts, he'll be treated to the same kind and revert to type.

uhhhhh so who ya pickin?
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #24
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Why dont you post some facts, or give something other than a piss poor opinion that fat old men who dont know shit about sport and fester on a sofa day and night come out with !!!!!!!
out of respect what have you done mate? I trained MMA for one year, was actually going to have a semi pro fight bvut that fell through, but I will admit yes I've done little watching of MMA (watched a few prides, UFC's got a few on dvd in the house, followed a few seasons if TUF etc) so I've watched a bit but by no means have I followed it constantly the way I have for years with boxing. I've actually had 7 boxing fights by the way winning 5, I've trained with highly rated boxing, kick boxing coaches and rolled with a 2 bjj black belts (one was brown or purple at the time) and I've rolled with another brown belt who will be a black belt very soon no doubt and I train regularly with an England coach and with the same s and c coach jon-lewis and travis dickinson use (as well as watching those two spar a lot). I also trained in sub wrestling with a pro and scored take downs on him (fair enough he was lighter and subed me but I'm much fitter now).

So basically I have done training, I don't give a **** what you've done or how many fights you have had but I've done enough to have an opinion. I said before Overeem failed his test that he was clearly on stuff (didn't we all) and I called out Cairwin before he was caught (again didn't we all). Now a lot of highly rated fighters like Werdum and Dos Santos have said that they feel that Overeem has been on stuff for years, everybody says it, so **** off out of my thread you little rat, looks like you had your facts wrong mate.

Last edited by iceferg; 12-27-2012 at 07:32 PM.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #25
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
A fully roided Overeem just does not feel pain. Ben Edwards has KOed 35 men and just could not put a dint in him. It was like hitting a brick wall >>>

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If anyone can withstand JDS' power it is Overeem.
Aside from him gassing a minute in the fight and didnt land shit except for some dull legkicks and some blows to the body.
He swung with open arms and no guard.
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #26
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Aside from him gassing a minute in the fight and didnt land shit except for some dull legkicks and some blows to the body.

Yep Edwards needs to work on his stamina....... He gassed before the first big punch, obviously after that he was on borrowed time.
kel is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Edwards landed some reasonable shots to the head. The sort of shots that have created opportunities for him in other fights, but Reem is a rock.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #28
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Yep Edwards needs to work on his stamina....... He gassed before the first big punch, obviously after that he was on borrowed time.
It wasn't a great performance for Edwards against Overeem and he freely admitted he fought scared and went in knowing if he didn't catch Overeem in the 1st round he was in for it.

But right now Ben is heading into the K1 Final 8 following a career best win over Catinas in Japan
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #29
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
uhhhhh so who ya pickin?
I think JDS has the footwork to operate at range thus not engaging too much in the MT clinch or facing too many knees, kicks or elbows. Should this be a successful strategy then Overeem will fail to live with JDS accurate strikes versus his big bombs that lack a technical approach. However every second is ultra dangerous for both fighters.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #30
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
I think JDS has the footwork to operate at range thus not engaging too much in the MT clinch or facing too many knees, kicks or elbows. Should this be a successful strategy then Overeem will fail to live with JDS accurate strikes versus his big bombs that lack a technical approach. However every second is ultra dangerous for both fighters.
Overeem really is a beast with those knees and elbows, I haven't seen a great deal of Dos Santos really (as I said I goes through phases where I watch MMA but I'm not massive on it), I know Dos Santos is meant to have a very strong ground game but it's not exactly his strong point. I just think with the sheer size Overeem has now and the expierience he has from years of training on the ground, and his obvious ability on the stand-up, that he has every aspect of the game covered. Obviously you will have seen much more of the Reem's game than I have but I was watching Pride 31 (I think) on dvd and the way Overeem ****s the guy up with his ground and pound is insane, I think he'd be too strong for Dos Santos, looks like we could have that fight next year at least, I'll be watching that.
iceferg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum