Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Ronda Rousey

Quote:
On Wednesday, Esquire.com posted an interview with Rousey where she addressed many subjects including fear & courage, *** with fighters, armbars, and a lot more.

On fighting:

People have been fighting each other for millennia. It's part of human nature. The confusing thing is we now live in a society where it's not illegal to be an asshole, but it's illegal to slap one.

I love fighting. It's preserving something that's real, that I think is trying to be crushed out of society. And I think it's the safest way that we can keep it. People need to hold on to their sanity somehow.

On fear:

People say to me all the time, "You have no fear." I tell them, "No, that's not true. I'm scared all the time. You have to have fear in order to have courage. I'm a courageous person because I'm a scared person

On armbars:

I've been arm-barred. I've been arm-barred and I let my arm be broken, and I didn't tap, and I got out, and I still won that fight. **** 'em. I don't care. An arm bar isn't the end for me. The ligaments in both my elbows are so loose my arms just dislocate sometimes, just randomly. Because I've experienced it, I don't fear it at all. It's the people who haven't been arm-barred who have that fear.

On *** with fighters:

Hell no, I ain't gonna hook up with no fighter. I know these guys. They're like a sewing circle and everyone tells everyone everything.

On transitioning from Judo to MMA:

When I left judo and went into MMA, everyone was saying, "How's she gonna react to getting punched in the face?" And I was thinking, You don't understand. In judo, those girls would punch you straight in the face all the time. They'd pretend to go for a grip and just punch you. Grab you by the collar and hit you over and over again. If you watch the fight I lost at the Olympics, you'll see that girl punched me in the face twenty times. I know what it's like to get punched in the face. At this point, I'm conditioned to ignore it. I don't skip a beat.

For me, MMA is like speed chess. It's like I'm herding a person into a certain position. Say my endgame is an arm bar. I'm not gonna actually take you and put you there. What I'm going to do is convince you that it's a good idea to move in the direction I want you to go. And I'm going to keep on funneling you down until you've been narrowed to the option of tap or not.
Ronda ****ing Rousey.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Default Re: Ronda Rousey

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Bow Down, submit, ground me, pound me.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda Rousey View Post
For me, MMA is like speed chess. It's like I'm herding a person into a certain position. Say my endgame is an arm bar. I'm not gonna actually take you and put you there. What I'm going to do is convince you that it's a good idea to move in the direction I want you to go. And I'm going to keep on funneling you down until you've been narrowed to the option of tap or not.
That's a fantastic quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda Rousey View Post
Hell no, I ain't gonna hook up with no fighter. I know these guys. They're like a sewing circle and everyone tells everyone everything.

Funny stuff. She speaks well for herself.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
evalistinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5461

Good skills but i dont see the big deal about her physically she aint that hot.
evalistinho is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by evalistinho View Post
Her forearm is like a trained mans
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Mouthy little cunt.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
evalistinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5461

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Her forearm is like a trained mans
Her pics from the olympics she looks like a tard.
evalistinho is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
On fighting:

People have been fighting each other for millennia. It's part of human nature. The confusing thing is we now live in a society where it's not illegal to be an asshole, but it's illegal to slap one.

I love fighting. It's preserving something that's real, that I think is trying to be crushed out of society. And I think it's the safest way that we can keep it. People need to hold on to their sanity somehow.

stupid ****ing comment on so many levels...**** womens sports in general.....its like 1/4 the quality of whatever then male version is anyhow. and in the case of fighting its like 1/10....

I know some asshole will say "yeah but she can kick your ass"....ehhhh even if I say she can..who gives a ****..plenty of men in this world can kick my ass who i still dont think are good enough to be on TV and who i wouldnt pay money to watch..so guess what...**** up lesbo lovers.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Her pics from the olympics she looks like a tard.
Ever seen a girl without makeup? Have you ever fallen for someone? Well, I am.

It's not just her looks bro. She is a sick cunt (Which should have been a poll option). Personality too. 6-0, and all victories in Mixed Martial Arts by armbar. 9 in total... Did I mention in the opening round?

If Ronda Rousey defends UFC Gold, and has the belt by this time next year, she will undoubtedly be the "Iron Mike" of MMA. Soon, the whole World will know who she is.

For all these reasons I find her very, very ***y. I found Marloes Coenen more attractive for some time, but she is not a winner and Champion anymore. Marloes enters the cage looking nice, but exits bumpy and bruised. I have a feeling that if RR defends UFC Gold, Dana White will drawn in Marloes Coenen and the like throughout next year. The chic from Ne5' avy, and other women, will enter The UFC to challenge The Queen of Mixed Martial Arts. Believe me, after she makes her UFC debut, every fight from then on will be a big one
Old 12-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Ever seen a girl without makeup? Have you ever fallen for someone? Well, I am.

It's not just her looks bro. She is a sick cunt (Which should have been a poll option). Personality too. 6-0, and all victories in Mixed Martial Arts by armbar. 9 in total... Did I mention in the opening round?

If Ronda Rousey defends UFC Gold, and has the belt by this time next year, she will undoubtedly be the "Iron Mike" of MMA. Soon, the whole World will know who she is.

For all these reasons I find her very, very ***y. I found Marloes Coenen more attractive for some time, but she is not a winner and Champion anymore. Marloes enters the cage looking nice, but exits bumpy and bruised. I have a feeling that if RR defends UFC Gold, Dana White will drawn in Marloes Coenen and the like throughout next year. The chic from Ne5' avy, and other women, will enter The UFC to challenge The Queen of Mixed Martial Arts. Believe me, after she makes her UFC debut, every fight from then on will be a big one
Hope Dana can do something good and get Cyborg to drop down one weightclass and fight Rounda and make Gina Carano an offer she cant refuse
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeGlassedMe View Post
That is only 5 years away for Rhonda.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Hope Dana can do something good and get Cyborg to drop down one weightclass and fight Rounda and make Gina Carano an offer she cant refuse
Cyborg's training partner Tito Ortiz says that she walks around at 170, and a grudge match will be hard to sell if a Title isn't on the line. Hopefully this all boils over and the fight materializes next year.

5 years from now everyone will be

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum