Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #16
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Thats one of the most important aspects of Punching with Power, and it can be Taught. Theres an old time saying, the Guys arseholes gone, which means, ???.
But Scrap we are talking about natural power, "If it is a physical factor, then what training does he do or can anyone do to develop huge punching power?"
As I said before, the correct answer is "there is nothing you can do to develop "huge punching power", not with all the modern technology and knowing every twitching muscle fiber leading to the arsehole, nothing, you either have it or you dont. It's that simple. You should know that, it does appear that you have been around awhile, . Please, teach somebody turn him from a punchless featherduster and make him into a huge puncher. That would be major news throughout the boxing, martial arts and MMA world. Everybody would be a huge puncher. You know and I know that's pure fantasy.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #17
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Ofc you can develop punching power.Not to an extreme measures though.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #18
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

In every Sport it occurs, its down to Biomechanics, posture of movement it can and is trained. A lot of the time your pychodinamics , History of movement and why, gets in the way. Punching Hard is down to the posture of Mind and Body working together in technique. Power is caused by Pushing back, not forward, simple. Yet not many people understand the Lever system we have. Im oldschool thats where I got my Base, somebody show me something that makes sense, I will listen[ Had a few of them in my time]. Its all down to the Position of your Botty getting Maximum Power. So the Orchestra doesnt Hit a Bum note.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #19
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
But Scrap we are talking about natural power, "If it is a physical factor, then what training does he do or can anyone do to develop huge punching power?"
As I said before, the correct answer is "there is nothing you can do to develop "huge punching power", not with all the modern technology and knowing every twitching muscle fiber leading to the arsehole, nothing, you either have it or you dont. It's that simple. You should know that, it does appear that you have been around awhile, . Please, teach somebody turn him from a punchless featherduster and make him into a huge puncher. That would be major news throughout the boxing, martial arts and MMA world. Everybody would be a huge puncher. You know and I know that's pure fantasy.
Yeah because there is a switch you can hit to turn everybody into a puncher, the same for everybody since it's not complex and everyone is the same. You continue to display how simple you are.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #20
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Yeah because there is a switch you can hit to turn everybody into a puncher, the same for everybody since it's not complex and everyone is the same. You continue to display how simple you are.
Expect emoticons now.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #21
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
Ofc you can develop punching power.Not to an extreme measures though.
This is the problem, the guy expects some skinny featherweight to randomly start punching like Tyson. No name given would ever live up to the standard he's expecting.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
All you have to do is provide one name, just one, thats all that shouldn't be so hard. "Boxing manager, old school, boxing coaches," we are not as enlightened as you are, I will leave that saying and the arsehole alone.
Look just one name and I will never post again just one name. Prove us old school boxing coaches and managers wrong and prove yourselves right, just one name, ONE. Tick, tick.
What exactly is the guy I name meant to have done? You expect some guy that can't box to suddenly start winning every fight? Winning and losing has nothing to do with punching power. A guy could lose every fight, double his punching power and still lose. You could also increase power but not increase your KO count at all. Do you expect me to give you scientific studies proving boxer x has increased his punching power by 500lbs or what? What are we measuring this by?

Also, refer back to my previous post about it not being impossible.

Old school guys will happily sit back and stick with what has worked in the past, which is fine, but don't try and tell everyone what is and isn't possible when there's guys out there now attempting to prove you wrong and you're utterly clueless with no knowledge of anatomy and physiology, bio mechanics etc.

You have no idea whether it's possible or not, neither do I, but I'm not making the claim. I listen to very knowledgeable guys like Scrap who seem to think there's possibility in it. But you disagree based on very basic knowledge of anything and the fact you haven't seen it happen yet. Did you know the 4 minute mile was said to be physically impossible? The human body is far more capable than most people give it credit for.

Last edited by viru§™; 12-28-2012 at 02:17 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #23
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dempsey Im curious, Probably working with Mexican Fighters you might be able to Help. Ive often wondered if most of the great Fighters from there, and Punchers, live at an altitude of over 10,000 ft.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #24
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

One name???

You do realise that being a boxing manager has nothing to do with knowledge of the physicality's of the sport.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #25
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Dempsey Im curious, Probably working with Mexican Fighters you might be able to Help. Ive often wondered if most of the great Fighters from there, and Punchers, live at an altitude of over 10,000 ft.
They don't, the one's that can afford it do. Chavez is from Culiacan, Like Chavez sr & Jr, JMM, train @altitude in Toluca. Erick Morales is from Tijuana, and many other name Mexican fighter train @the Otomi, which is a bit lower. I am not sure how high it is. Have you ever trained @high altitude? The Mexico City promoters used to bring in guys to fight a week before the fight, on purpose. The rule of thumb was 72hrs or 2wks before the fight was safe for a low altitude fighter, to have a chance of winning. a week before gave a big edge to the local high altitude fighters. Trainer Ronnie Shields, found that out for himself, when as a young up and comer, he fought in Mexico City, fighting a 10-6, guy and wound up getting stopped in the 6th from exhaustion.
Now they have mask which can replicate high altitude training. But I don’t believe most Mexicans would replace going to train @ altitude with wearing a mask. Most Mexicans that I know would rather go to Toluca or the Otomi, to them that’s the natural way to do things I guess it's psychological.
There are mixed reviews on whether training in high altitude is good or bad. Training @altitude is either good or bad depends who you talk to, I guess it is a case of "to each his own".

Old 12-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #26
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
One name???

You do realise that being a boxing manager has nothing to do with knowledge of the physicality's of the sport.
You are right but what does a boxing manager have to do with the question, "Canelo Alvarez Power?" That I believe is the question, is it natural or is it taught? The correct answer is it can't you either have it or you don't, you as a boxer should know, what the answer is.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #27
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The correct answer is it can't you either have it or you don't, you as a boxer should know, what the answer is.
Explain how you came to this conclusion from a scientific stand point.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #28
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
You are right but what does a boxing manager have to do with the question, "Canelo Alvarez Power?" That I believe is the question, is it natural or is it taught? The correct answer is it can't you either have it or you don't, you as a boxer should know, what the answer is.
Your a manager ... You should know that power can be developed, awareness and disguise are by products of experience.

You seem to turn everything into an argument on here and have a very cinematic and unrealistic view on the realities of the sport. Your lack of understanding or open mindedness is terrible.

It would pretty much suck to have you as a manager if the way you go about on here is anything to go by.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #29
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Dempsey for clarification this guy is a film character.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #30
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
What exactly is the guy I name meant to have done? You expect some guy that can't box to suddenly start winning every fight? Winning and losing has nothing to do with punching power. A guy could lose every fight, double his punching power and still lose. You could also increase power but not increase your KO count at all. Do you expect me to give you scientific studies proving boxer x has increased his punching power by 500lbs or what? What are we measuring this by?

Also, refer back to my previous post about it not being impossible.

Old school guys will happily sit back and stick with what has worked in the past, which is fine, but don't try and tell everyone what is and isn't possible when there's guys out there now attempting to prove you wrong and you're utterly clueless with no knowledge of anatomy and physiology, bio mechanics etc.

You have no idea whether it's possible or not, neither do I, but I'm not making the claim. I listen to very knowledgeable guys like Scrap who seem to think there's possibility in it. But you disagree based on very basic knowledge of anything and the fact you haven't seen it happen yet. Did you know the 4 minute mile was said to be physically impossible? The human body is far more capable than most people give it credit for.
Where do I begin, at the beginning, "What exactly is the guy I name meant to have done?" The answer is develop Canelo punching power. See how easy that was, now can it be done? The answer is no, it cant. Can it done in the future who knows.
I really dont want you to anything, I just want one name that went from no power to canelo power, Just one.
A clue to make it easy for you we are talking NOW, not some date in the future where everybody will have Canelo power.

tick tick tick.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing