Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #31
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Explain how you came to this conclusion from a scientific stand point.
Psst I will let you in on a secret, us boxing managers have, we don't have to explain in scientific terms, we leave that to people like you to figure out.
Boxing is not rocket science and it doesn't have to be explained in scientific terms, if it works then we will use it. Plod on with new discoveries, I will be looking out for the time when everybody has Canelo power.
dempsey1234 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #32
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Dempsey for clarification this guy is a film character.
Hmmmm! Brownbomber, I dont remember asking about Mickey, good work, cos its pure fiction and fantasy to think that a punchless wonder can become a canelo type puncher and that my fine friends is what this thread is about.
dempsey1234 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #33
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
I just want one name that went from no power to canelo power, Just one.
A clue to make it easy for you we are talking NOW, not some date in the future where everybody will have Canelo power.

tick tick tick.

Canelo tick tick tick... What do I win?
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #34
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Your a manager ... You should know that power can be developed, awareness and disguise are by products of experience.

You seem to turn everything into an argument on here and have a very cinematic and unrealistic view on the realities of the sport. Your lack of understanding or open mindedness is terrible.

It would pretty much suck to have you as a manager if the way you go about on here is anything to go by.
You'd be surprised. But to be fair I will answer you, we are talking Canelo power not increasing somebodies power.
"You seem to turn everything into an argument on here and have a very cinematic and unrealistic view on the realities of the sport."
Maybe I am that way cos of the yappers who come on here calling hard working and dedicated people stupid cos they dont know the human body like they do or they are retarded cos they are old school.
I am in the real world, people who believe they can increase someones power to that of Canelo's, well they probably need to call Mickey to train them. I am open to new ideas as would any other manager or trainer, to what would give my guy an edge.
If you get HBO international then you would have seen some of my guys fighting. All my guys have a promotional with one of the biggest promoters in the world, even Mr Freddie and Araiza wanted to work with my fighters.
I don't believe somebody should tell people that something can make them into a canelo puncher, when that just isn't true. If you can't punch to begin with then no trainer can make you a puncher. If you watch Juan Diaz, he punched correctly, and accurately with his body behind it, and correct leverage and he still couldnt pop.
I dont mean to be confrontational but if pushed I will push back.
dempsey1234 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #35
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,893
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
You'd be surprised. But to be fair I will answer you, we are talking Canelo power not increasing somebodies power.
"You seem to turn everything into an argument on here and have a very cinematic and unrealistic view on the realities of the sport."
Maybe I am that way cos of the yappers who come on here calling hard working and dedicated people stupid cos they dont know the human body like they do or they are retarded cos they are old school.
I am in the real world, people who believe they can increase someones power to that of Canelo's, well they probably need to call Mickey to train them. I am open to new ideas as would any other manager or trainer, to what would give my guy an edge.
If you get HBO international then you would have seen some of my guys fighting. All my guys have a promotional with one of the biggest promoters in the world, even Mr Freddie and Araiza wanted to work with my fighters.
I don't believe somebody should tell people that something can make them into a canelo puncher, when that just isn't true. If you can't punch to begin with then no trainer can make you a puncher. If you watch Juan Diaz, he punched correctly, and accurately with his body behind it, and correct leverage and he still couldnt pop.
I dont mean to be confrontational but if pushed I will push back.
I like how you keep picking out these hard punchers and claiming everyone has said anyone can punch as hard as these guys. Nobody has claimed an increase of xxx% punching power, you have thrown these claims out yourself. All that's been said is it's very possible to increase punching power, some to a high level depending on experience. What's so difficult to accept?

What is your name and who are you managing?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #36
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Canelo tick tick tick... What do I win?

Sorry, keep trying the clock is still running, just to remind you, NAME ONE FIGHTER, maybe yourself 36-18-1 (10), that was a featherduster and who through modern technology and scientific advances has become a Canelo type puncher. Canelo was always a puncher even @15yrs old.
Tick,tick tick.
dempsey1234 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #37
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
I like how you keep picking out these hard punchers and claiming everyone has said anyone can punch as hard as these guys. Nobody has claimed an increase of xxx% punching power, you have thrown these claims out yourself. All that's been said is it's very possible to increase punching power, some to a high level depending on experience. What's so difficult to accept?

What is your name and who are you managing?
Just to remind you what this thread is about:
'Where does Canelo Alvarez get his tremendous punching power from? When I watch him fight, I can see that he is very flat footed and really rotates every inch of his body when delivering punches, but whenever I do it - I do not get the same result. Is it genetics, technique, physique? If it is a physical factor, then what training does he do or can anyone do to develop huge punching power?'
Maybe cos I dont use scientific words you have missed what I have said on the topic of increasing punching power. I to believe you can increase power somewhat through training, but to what extent? Juan Diaz, had everything available to him S&C guy, a pretty good trainer, knew how to fight and punched correctly and hit all the right spots, he started as a powderpuff puncher and he retired a powderpuff puncher, no increase at all, so much for that theory.
As to who I am and who I am managing, that really is not the point, is it.
dempsey1234 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #38
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,893
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Just to remind you what this thread is about:
'Where does Canelo Alvarez get his tremendous punching power from? When I watch him fight, I can see that he is very flat footed and really rotates every inch of his body when delivering punches, but whenever I do it - I do not get the same result. Is it genetics, technique, physique? If it is a physical factor, then what training does he do or can anyone do to develop huge punching power?'
That was the original question. Nobody responding to you is attempting to answer that particular question. So your point is..?

Quote:
Maybe cos I dont use scientific words you have missed what I have said on the topic of increasing punching power. I to believe you can increase power somewhat through training, but to what extent?
You can't put an exact number on it, that'd be extremely difficult. I'd even go as far to say impossible with all the possible factors. It is you who is asking for an exact measurement of power increase which is what I'm saying is just plain dumb. Nobody has claimed you can add a tremendous amount of power to a punch, that is something you have thrown out there in an attempt to make yourself look right.

Quote:
Juan Diaz, had everything available to him S&C guy, a pretty good trainer, knew how to fight and punched correctly and hit all the right spots, he started as a powderpuff puncher and he retired a powderpuff puncher, no increase at all, so much for that theory.
What theory?

BTW, picking one guy and saying "well he didn't do it!" is very poor. That's it, one guy proves that it's impossible to increase punching power to a decent level? One person is all the data you have? Great study their, mate.

Quote:
As to who I am and who I am managing, that really is not the point, is it.
Just wondering. You keep making these claims about meeting top level guys, managing world class boxers yet you act like a child that doesn't understand basic science and logic. You also argue over little things on Internet forums, things you have absolutely no clue about. It makes no sense as to why somebody at such a level would waste their time.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #39
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
That was the original question. Nobody responding to you is attempting to answer that particular question. So your point is..?



You can't put an exact number on it, that'd be extremely difficult. I'd even go as far to say impossible with all the possible factors. It is you who is asking for an exact measurement of power increase which is what I'm saying is just plain dumb. Nobody has claimed you can add a tremendous amount of power to a punch, that is something you have thrown out there in an attempt to make yourself look right.



What theory?

BTW, picking one guy and saying "well he didn't do it!" is very poor. That's it, one guy proves that it's impossible to increase punching power to a decent level? One person is all the data you have? Great study their, mate.



Just wondering. You keep making these claims about meeting top level guys, managing world class boxers yet you act like a child that doesn't understand basic science and logic. You also argue over little things on Internet forums, things you have absolutely no clue about. It makes no sense as to why somebody at such a level would waste their time.
I could name a whole ship load of fighters who started as featherdusters and through great training and use of body mechanic's behind each shot, were still featherdusters at the end of their careers, wot happened to science and logic?
I come on here cos I like to, it's my coffee break.
dempsey1234 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #40
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,893
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
I could name a whole ship load of fighters who started as featherdusters and through great training and use of body mechanic's behind each shot, were still featherdusters at the end of their careers, wot happened to science and logic?
What happened to science and logic? Was that meant to be clever randomly throwing that on the end so it makes no sense?

You do realize this isn't proof of anything don't you? Were all of those guys training 100% towards building punching power? I very much doubt it. Unless they were all training specifically for punching power what you said means nothing.

Quote:
I come on here cos I like to, it's my coffee break.
You sure have a lot of long coffee breaks for somebody with such responsibilities.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #41
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
What happened to science and logic? Was that meant to be clever randomly throwing that on the end so it makes no sense?

You do realize this isn't proof of anything don't you? Were all of those guys training 100% towards building punching power? I very much doubt it. Unless they were all training specifically for punching power what you said means nothing.



You sure have a lot of long coffee breaks for somebody with such responsibilities.
Virus, you are a trip, clueless to the end grabbing at straws, trying to shuck and jive into thinking you are scoring points when in reality you are clueless. I thought you were faking it but I come to find you are not. Now you are saying that unless they were working 100% towards building power it dont mean a thing, jeez are you clueless.
Since you asked me, tell me what you do, that you can enjoy your coffee breaks with me.
dempsey1234 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #42
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Delete

Last edited by brown bomber; 12-28-2012 at 06:45 PM.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #43
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,893
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Virus, you are a trip, clueless to the end grabbing at straws, trying to shuck and jive into thinking you are scoring points when in reality you are clueless. I thought you were faking it but I come to find you are not. Now you are saying that unless they were working 100% towards building power it dont mean a thing, jeez are you clueless.
Calling me clueless when you didn't even understand what I said. I'll explain it for you.

We're talking increasing punching power. You said you could give me a list of boxers that started with little power and ended their career with little power... So what? My point was this is about increasing power. Unless all of these guys on this list of yours were aiming to increase their punching power (which, like I said, I very much doubt they all would be) this list would be just a bunch of boxers. What good is that? It proves nothing.

Do you think listing boxers that can't punch as hard as others proves you can't build decent power? It sure seems that is exactly what you're implying.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #44
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Sorry, keep trying the clock is still running, just to remind you, NAME ONE FIGHTER, maybe yourself 36-18-1 (10), that was a featherduster and who through modern technology and scientific advances has become a Canelo type puncher. Canelo was always a puncher even @15yrs old.
Tick,tick tick.
Thomas Hearns low stoppage ratio as an amateur improved by technique.

Felix trinidad 12 stoppages in 52 amateur victories.. Becomes a murdeeous puncher as a pro.

Jon Thaxton 3 stoppage wins in his first 12 bouts becomes one of the finest domestic punchers in uk boxing towards the end of his career.

Chris Okoh 6-0 and 1 ko ... Develops technique and goes 8-0 (6) picks up the commonwealth title few years back.

Junior Witter 4 stoppages in first 16 bouts then goes on to KO his next 15 in a row.

Naseem Hamed hardly any stoppages as an amateur stops 23 of his first 25 pro.

If you were as familiar with boxing as you claim to be you would understand that there is actually very little difference in terms of pure power between fighters. You'd know this if you were in the gym where you claim to be. What makes a fighter a good puncher are things such as technique, timing, creativity, disguise, vision, confidence and fitness.

I'm not sure if your real, or a troll but I do find that on forums the people who know most tend to say the least and watch as the idiots who think they are smart scrabble over bread crumbs of confused information. Tick tick tick
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #45
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,893
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Thomas Hearns low stoppage ratio as an amateur improved by technique.

Felix trinidad 12 stoppages in 52 amateur victories.. Becomes a murdeeous puncher as a pro.

Jon Thaxton 3 stoppage wins in his first 12 bouts becomes one of the finest domestic punchers in uk boxing towards the end of his career.

Chris Okoh 6-0 and 1 ko ... Develops technique and goes 8-0 (6) picks up the commonwealth title few years back.

Junior Witter 4 stoppages in first 16 bouts then goes on to KO his next 15 in a row.

Naseem Hamed hardly any stoppages as an amateur stops 23 of his first 25 pro.

If you were as familiar with boxing as you claim to be you would understand that there is actually very little difference in terms of pure power between fighters. You'd know this if you were in the gym where you claim to be. What makes a fighter a good puncher are things such as technique, timing, creativity, disguise, vision, confidence and fitness.

I'm not sure if your real, or a troll but I do find that on forums the people who know most tend to say the least and watch as the idiots who think they are smart scrabble over bread crumbs of confused information. Tick tick tick
I'm thinking excuses or cartoon time will be your answer...
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013