Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


View Poll Results: ??
Overeem 13 34.21%
Dos Santos 25 65.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #31
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 75
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
out of respect what have you done mate? I trained MMA for one year, was actually going to have a semi pro fight bvut that fell through, but I will admit yes I've done little watching of MMA (watched a few prides, UFC's got a few on dvd in the house, followed a few seasons if TUF etc) so I've watched a bit but by no means have I followed it constantly the way I have for years with boxing. I've actually had 7 boxing fights by the way winning 5, I've trained with highly rated boxing, kick boxing coaches and rolled with a 2 bjj black belts (one was brown or purple at the time) and I've rolled with another brown belt who will be a black belt very soon no doubt and I train regularly with an England coach and with the same s and c coach jon-lewis and travis dickinson use (as well as watching those two spar a lot). I also trained in sub wrestling with a pro and scored take downs on him (fair enough he was lighter and subed me but I'm much fitter now).

So basically I have done training, I don't give a **** what you've done or how many fights you have had but I've done enough to have an opinion. I said before Overeem failed his test that he was clearly on stuff (didn't we all) and I called out Cairwin before he was caught (again didn't we all). Now a lot of highly rated fighters like Werdum and Dos Santos have said that they feel that Overeem has been on stuff for years, everybody says it, so **** off out of my thread you little rat, looks like you had your facts wrong mate.
I dont have to tell you anything about what ive done, its on my profile, go and read it if your that interested

Overeem is a juice head, it doesnt take the brains of an arch bishop to work that one out!, It was the clueless ****in remarks about dos Santos that got my back up, if you dont know anything about sports science dont make comment, simple as that! dont use words like "probably" .......... to accuse a man of cheating who is actually clean (obviously none of us know one way or the other for 100% certain) is as bad as it gets, specially in this sport!

Thats what i was getting at
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #32
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,785
vCash: 2648
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
I dont have to tell you anything about what ive done, its on my profile, go and read it if your that interested

Overeem is a juice head, it doesnt take the brains of an arch bishop to work that one out!, It was the clueless ****in remarks about dos Santos that got my back up, if you dont know anything about sports science dont make comment, simple as that! dont use words like "probably" .......... to accuse a man of cheating who is actually clean (obviously none of us know one way or the other for 100% certain) is as bad as it gets, specially in this sport!

Thats what i was getting at
ok shut up you bum. got proved wrong now **** off

Edit:
I am a qualified gym intructor, got an nvq level two in sports science and my badge in that, I'm still studying sports science.

I have been told by MMA fighters who have fought in promotions like BAMMA that steroids are basically used by everyone once you start getting past that level. Just checked your profile, you've had 1 fight, sort yourself out and stop thinking you're a UFC veteran, like I said, I've had more fights than you, trained with very talented athletes and knowledable coaches, studieds sport science so I can make an opinion if I want to. No doubt it's possible get to JDS's size with out taking stuff, but he could be taking stuff to increase his explosiveness etc.

Last edited by iceferg; 12-28-2012 at 01:44 PM.
iceferg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #33
dillinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

I think we will know alot more after tomorrow night, JDS looks pretty special but he hasn't been tested to much, how good is his chin, how good is his stamina in a fight he isn't dominating.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #34
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinja View Post
I think we will know alot more after tomorrow night, JDS looks pretty special but he hasn't been tested to much, how good is his chin, how good is his stamina in a fight he isn't dominating.
His chin is solid he has been hit by some punches that made his head bounce back but he still stood on his feet
Carwin landed some shots on JDS as far as ia can remember that looked good
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #35
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vegemite Island
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 356
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Anyone picking Overeem to beat JDS, are doing so because they have let their ***ual desires overwhelm their reasoning.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #36
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,927
vCash: 500
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
Anyone picking Overeem to beat JDS, are doing so because they have let their ***ual desires overwhelm their reasoning.


What - a humungous K1 Champion with Solid ground game and decades of experience?


..... not that am disagreeing


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #37
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,785
vCash: 2648
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Haha just watching the high lights of both, Overeem does look slower than Dos Santos in all fairness, (I was judging him mostly from the pride 31 fight I watched with regards to speed). I forgot about how he looked vs. Lesnar, still having said that he is a very expierienced fighter so I think he in with a solid chance of beating JDS.
iceferg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #38
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 75
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
ok shut up you bum. got proved wrong now **** off

Edit:
I am a qualified gym intructor, got an nvq level two in sports science and my badge in that, I'm still studying sports science.

I have been told by MMA fighters who have fought in promotions like BAMMA that steroids are basically used by everyone once you start getting past that level. Just checked your profile, you've had 1 fight, sort yourself out and stop thinking you're a UFC veteran, like I said, I've had more fights than you, trained with very talented athletes and knowledable coaches, studieds sport science so I can make an opinion if I want to. No doubt it's possible get to JDS's size with out taking stuff, but he could be taking stuff to increase his explosiveness etc.
So you take gym indictions, nice one mate, practice what you preach!

If were gonna throw insults down thats fine with me, ive got no issues with that, one fight transitions to thousands of hours over a 6 year period of training MMA, with top level guys! i actually have a proper job, i dont sit in the gym signing people in, im a professional, which spans into my training, i train hard with excellent lads! i educate myself on sports science, i dont listen to meat heads like Alex Reid and form opinions based "on what people have said" im more intelligent than that!

And where the **** did i say i was a UFC veteran dick head? i told you to check out my profile after i got the run down of your record and listening to you bang your drum, i dont do that, i know what i am, if you have to boast and shout about what you do you must be insecure about your ability!

You could use a diet too looking at your avatar.

thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #39
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
So you take gym indictions, nice one mate, practice what you preach!

If were gonna throw insults down thats fine with me, ive got no issues with that, one fight transitions to thousands of hours over a 6 year period of training MMA, with top level guys! i actually have a proper job, i dont sit in the gym signing people in, im a professional, which spans into my training, i train hard with excellent lads! i educate myself on sports science, i dont listen to meat heads like Alex Reid and form opinions based "on what people have said" im more intelligent than that!

And where the **** did i say i was a UFC veteran dick head? i told you to check out my profile after i got the run down of your record and listening to you bang your drum, i dont do that, i know what i am, if you have to boast and shout about what you do you must be insecure about your ability!

You could use a diet too looking at your avatar.



this guy was born a fighter, so make the fight!
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #40
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,785
vCash: 2648
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
So you take gym indictions, nice one mate, practice what you preach!

If were gonna throw insults down thats fine with me, ive got no issues with that, one fight transitions to thousands of hours over a 6 year period of training MMA, with top level guys! i actually have a proper job, i dont sit in the gym signing people in, im a professional, which spans into my training, i train hard with excellent lads! i educate myself on sports science, i dont listen to meat heads like Alex Reid and form opinions based "on what people have said" im more intelligent than that!

And where the **** did i say i was a UFC veteran dick head? i told you to check out my profile after i got the run down of your record and listening to you bang your drum, i dont do that, i know what i am, if you have to boast and shout about what you do you must be insecure about your ability!

You could use a diet too looking at your avatar.

What a hypocryt. You came on here talking all this shit about me being a lazy fat cunt etc. (as so many novices mma fighters do trying to sound big) making completely BS assumptions about me, then I simply pointed out that I have a bit of knowledge about mma and boxing and train regularly and have infact competed. Again, I don't work as a gym instructor I'm just qualified as one I am studying sport science A levels with an amateur boxing academy so I train 3-4x a week there and 5x a week at my boxing gym, as well as doing runs weight lifting sessions etc. I'm completly dedicated to boxing and training in general. The guy who told me this wasn't an Alex Reid type btw, more like a dedicated student of mma who was of the opinion that to move up a level in the sport he'd need PEDs which he didn't want to do.

I'm of the opinion that many at the top of sports are on PEDs quite simply because they are, I made the comment about JDS rather jokingly tbh, but quite frankly there is a good chance it's true, I don't know as much about MMA but it seems already that your comment that no one at his gym uses stuff has been corrected by another poster.

Like I say you came in this thread with the assumptions and the name calling, basically thinking your gods gift because you've had 1 am or semi pro mma fight that you have more knowledge than everybody else so like I said please just **** off out of my thread with your egg on your face coz I haven't got any time for you!
iceferg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #41
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,927
vCash: 500
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

come on lads, bygones
Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #42
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,785
vCash: 2648
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

By the way in my avatar I'm just over 17 stone, that's because it was the summer and I don't have to diet because the season is off. I enter the ring around 16 stone and there is plenty of fighters who have performed at a high level who are fatter than I am in that pic both in MMA and boxing, certainly better than you so just give it a rest with your ego.

By the way mate you say you don't listen to meat heads like Alex Reid lol. Funny because Alex Reid is an expierienced professional MMA fighter and kick boxing and if he ever gave me advice on MMA or fittness I'd listen to everything he had to say but I guess you have amassed a greater amount of expierience in your one fight than he has.

Last edited by iceferg; 12-28-2012 at 06:11 PM.
iceferg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #43
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 75
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
What a hypocryt. You came on here talking all this shit about me being a lazy fat cunt etc. (as so many novices mma fighters do trying to sound big) making completely BS assumptions about me, then I simply pointed out that I have a bit of knowledge about mma and boxing and train regularly and have infact competed. Again, I don't work as a gym instructor I'm just qualified as one I am studying sport science A levels with an amateur boxing academy so I train 3-4x a week there and 5x a week at my boxing gym, as well as doing runs weight lifting sessions etc. I'm completly dedicated to boxing and training in general. The guy who told me this wasn't an Alex Reid type btw, more like a dedicated student of mma who was of the opinion that to move up a level in the sport he'd need PEDs which he didn't want to do.

I'm of the opinion that many at the top of sports are on PEDs quite simply because they are, I made the comment about JDS rather jokingly tbh, but quite frankly there is a good chance it's true, I don't know as much about MMA but it seems already that your comment that no one at his gym uses stuff has been corrected by another poster.

Like I say you came in this thread with the assumptions and the name calling, basically thinking your gods gift because you've had 1 am or semi pro mma fight that you have more knowledge than everybody else so like I said please just **** off out of my thread with your egg on your face coz I haven't got any time for you!
Right mate

Do me a favour, stop telling me to get out of your thread! it is not YOUR THREAD! its an open thread were any one can and will post! and no matter what the **** you say, i will post what i like!

What are you talking about a comment i made about his whole gym taking steroids?????

I am a novice, i know im a novice, but unless your name is Guillermo Rigondeaux then so are you!, 7 fights 5 & 2, i mean what am i supposed to do bow down to your superior skill set and NVQ's! seriously do me a favour. I work very hard with top level guys and coaches in all disciplines, i can hold my own in them all, which for me transitions into a pretty effective MMA skill set.

I have never once said "im a UFC veteran" nor have i claimed to be "God's gift", never have i said "i have more knowledge than anyone else because i fight MMA" that was your assumption not mine! i am a student of this game and given my nature i like to know the intricacies of MMA and the blend of disciplines that makes up a good solid fighter, and i believe i do.

I began the name calling, i believe i asked you to post facts about the dos Santos allegation, and went a bit further, granted, im a man of integrity, ill hold my hand up and say that was wrong, and i was wrong! The way you described this allegation at the beginning of your thread was shabby.

I know full well the impact PED's have in this sport, i see it, im not blind, i train with pro's. Specifically in this country something has to be done about it because clean men are losing fights because of it, its not right! but that doesnt mean that the top top level guys in the world have to be taking PED's because the middle tier men in the UK are juiced up to the nines, from some of the guys juiced up that i know of are simply doing so to supplement there lack of proper professional training time, i.e. they have families, or jobs outside of MMA therefore they find it difficult to rest and recycle the body, or sometimes cannot even make the gym, obviously its not something i would condone and i would never fight anyone who i had reasonable evidence was on gear, and as you probably know, its not difficult to find out!

You have a chip on your shoulder mate, ill say i was wrong for diving on you like that, but you will not call me some sort of bum or chump because my record reads 1 & 0.
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #44
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 75
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
By the way in my avatar I'm just over 17 stone, that's because it was the summer and I don't have to diet because the season is off. I enter the ring around 16 stone and there is plenty of fighters who have performed at a high level who are fatter than I am in that pic both in MMA and boxing, certainly better than you so just give it a rest with your ego.

By the way mate you say you don't listen to meat heads like Alex Reid lol. Funny because Alex Reid is an expierienced professional MMA fighter and kick boxing and if he ever gave me advice on MMA or fittness I'd listen to everything he had to say but I guess you have amassed a greater amount of expierience in your one fight than he has.
To be honest mate, i reckon your a grade A lunatic who is driven from in-securities and have developed from there into somewhat of a knowledgable man.

Thats fair enough, everyone has there reasons and everyone is driven by something, my personality is the opposite, so I'm not surprised we have clashed.

Ive noticed you like the word experienced, was Dean Amasinger experienced (2 & 0 at the time) when he played with Alex Reid on TUF (12 & 11 at the time) in the Wolfslair ??? no he was not, does Alex Reid juice ?? ill let you work that out

He's not credible mate, not in my eyes, and ive got no love what so ever for him, i wouldnt listen to a single bit of advice he had to give me, because im comfortable and confident that people i trust and turn to for advice in specific areas are the right people, and it hasnt let me down yet !

thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #45
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,785
vCash: 2648
Default Re: Overem vs. Dos Santos

Let you down yet? what in your 1 fight and yes I am a complete novice, you are until you have gotten up to around 30 fights at least but I am still more expierienced than you and the reason we clashed is because you came into a thread I made making personal attacks towards me.

I did have a chip on my shoulder, because you came into my thread and implied that I'm a fat lazy twat.

I'll take back that statement out Dos Santos if it means so much to you, I simply meant it as a throw away comment basically saying that for all we know Dos Santos is juicing up just as much as Overeem and as for my comment about Overeem having been on stuff for years, I really believe that he will have been.

So sorry if I insulted you but you made the first attack and gave as good as you got really. Let's just leave it at that, I won't make assumptions like that next time because admittedly I know very little about Dos Santos and the satement was more just about my general perception of how much top MMA fighters use rather than Dos Santos himself.
iceferg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013