Old 12-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #46
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Put your chin in front of my feather dusters and see what happens.
Ten stops says it all, you probably have some pop but nothing major. It's not me you have to prove it to, it's your opponents amateur and pro they have to be the ones you have to prove it to and apparently they aren't convinced. 10 stops, 18 losses in 53 fights.
Get on that program that will make you into a canelo type puncher, sounds like you need it.
Build up your pro record and come over to Texas, you can try your featherdusters on real pro's. A guy you might know from England, is here in Texas, Craig Callaghan, a welter, he fought in Dallas, on Nov 30th.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #47
Jake_Lamotta

vCash: 1000

Junior witter seemed to have feather dusters! After he fought zab Judah his power seemed to improve a lot! Was this from a technical improvement, what you guys think?
Jake_Lamotta is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #48
captain hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Lamotta View Post
Junior witter seemed to have feather dusters! After he fought zab Judah his power seemed to improve a lot! Was this from a technical improvement, what you guys think?
noo, PEDs
captain hook is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #49
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Thomas Hearns low stoppage ratio as an amateur improved by technique.

Felix trinidad 12 stoppages in 52 amateur victories.. Becomes a murdeeous puncher as a pro.

Jon Thaxton 3 stoppage wins in his first 12 bouts becomes one of the finest domestic punchers in uk boxing towards the end of his career.

Chris Okoh 6-0 and 1 ko ... Develops technique and goes 8-0 (6) picks up the commonwealth title few years back.

Junior Witter 4 stoppages in first 16 bouts then goes on to KO his next 15 in a row.

Naseem Hamed hardly any stoppages as an amateur stops 23 of his first 25 pro.

If you were as familiar with boxing as you claim to be you would understand that there is actually very little difference in terms of pure power between fighters. You'd know this if you were in the gym where you claim to be. What makes a fighter a good puncher are things such as technique, timing, creativity, disguise, vision, confidence and fitness.

I'm not sure if your real, or a troll but I do find that on forums the people who know most tend to say the least and watch as the idiots who think they are smart scrabble over bread crumbs of confused information. Tick tick tick
Ok, amateur - pro, two different mindsets and training. Pro's use smaller gloves, wrap hands differently, no headgear, they can pick and choose their oppts, in the amateurs you are fighting the toughest guys, guys you wouldn't even consider fighting as a pro, the training for pro's is different, more emphasis is put on body punches, or on being more agressive or whatever. It's basically the same guy but in a different package. Do you as a boxer honestly believe that all of a sudden these guys woke up one day and said, damn I am punching like superman, please.
This won't convince you in fact nothing I can say will convince you. From what I saw on your posted vid's sure you could sit down on your punches a bit more or do this or that, but would that change be that significant? I think not. Go to the gym and work solely on developing power 100% as someone suggested, study body mechanics, and the oral cavity, and see if you can increase your power to any great extent. I gave you an example of a guy, Juan Diaz, but there many many more that you yourself know. There are guys that do all the right things, putting their body behind their punches, punching in combination, doing everything correctly and still they have no pop, tell me why that is?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #50
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
I'm thinking excuses or cartoon time will be your answer...
wrong as usual, I did reply, which I know you will dump on, so enjoy and get back to me,I will be waiting for your kind and understanding words. Please excuse my arrogance, I will always reply in kind.
My reply is shared by most knowledgable boxing guys in the biz, so I am curious to find out your insight and thoughts on what I wrote.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #51
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Moving the goal posts. No surprise.

You didn't reply to the other posts I corrected you on, wonder why...
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #52
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Moving the goal posts. No surprise.

You didn't reply to the other posts I corrected you on, wonder why...
Maybe the only thing you understand and are begging for is:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
plus cos it's you, cartoon time
Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #53
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

As ever, proved wrong, can't answer so resorts to emotions.

Have a goodun.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #54
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
As ever, proved wrong, can't answer so resorts to emotions.

Have a goodun.
You are like Jake LaMotta, in the movie 'Raging Bull', after Sugar Ray, beat the bejabbers out him, "I didn't go down Ray".

To Clarify it for you are Jake, not Ray, got it? I want to be fair which questions did you want an answer on? I will do my best
Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #55
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Ok, amateur - pro, two different mindsets and training. Pro's use smaller gloves, wrap hands differently, no headgear, they can pick and choose their oppts, in the amateurs you are fighting the toughest guys, guys you wouldn't even consider fighting as a pro, the training for pro's is different, more emphasis is put on body punches, or on being more agressive or whatever. It's basically the same guy but in a different package. Do you as a boxer honestly believe that all of a sudden these guys woke up one day and said, damn I am punching like superman, please.
This won't convince you in fact nothing I can say will convince you. From what I saw on your posted vid's sure you could sit down on your punches a bit more or do this or that, but would that change be that significant? I think not. Go to the gym and work solely on developing power 100% as someone suggested, study body mechanics, and the oral cavity, and see if you can increase your power to any great extent. I gave you an example of a guy, Juan Diaz, but there many many more that you yourself know. There are guys that do all the right things, putting their body behind their punches, punching in combination, doing everything correctly and still they have no pop, tell me why that is?
Very rarely are guys doing all the right things correctly, even p4p guys like Andre Ward have deficiencies in their technique. You need to know what you're looking at and you need a high speed camera plus EMG's attached to see if somebody is punching optimally. There are many places in the chain that muscular activation and coordination can break down. You can get top guys like McClellan who use their bodies to punch very well and you get guys like Bradley who turn their shoulders at the same time as their hips, you don't even need anything other than your naked eye to see the qualitative mistakes they make. Any guy who can't punch has problems with their technique and/or posture. I can guarantee that and no strength program will turn somebody like that into a power puncher. It's obviously very hard to retrain somebody who has done well with poor technique but it can be done. If you don't have idiots claiming 'oh you're born with it or not'. That's like claiming that people are born good dancers. It is a matter of coordination and efficient movement.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #56
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Very rarely are guys doing all the right things correctly, even p4p guys like Andre Ward have deficiencies in their technique. You need to know what you're looking at and you need a high speed camera plus EMG's attached to see if somebody is punching optimally. There are many places in the chain that muscular activation and coordination can break down. You can get top guys like McClellan who use their bodies to punch very well and you get guys like Bradley who turn their shoulders at the same time as their hips, you don't even need anything other than your naked eye to see the qualitative mistakes they make. Any guy who can't punch has problems with their technique and/or posture. I can guarantee that and no strength program will turn somebody like that into a power puncher. It's obviously very hard to retrain somebody who has done well with poor technique but it can be done. If you don't have idiots claiming 'oh you're born with it or not'. That's like claiming that people are born good dancers. It is a matter of coordination and efficient movement.
So what you saying is if you didnt have idiots claiming that "either you are born with or not" thats what is preventing modern technology, new scienticific discoveries from occurring. Jeez I am sure Bradley would love to hear what you have to say, and if he knew that if he corrected the things that you are pointing out will make him a big puncher. Contact Brown bomber, work on his technique, his coordination and make his movement more efficient then he will be able to knock people out, then call Top Rank, and tell them I am sure they will fall all over themselves to give Bradley's phone number. Hey, keep this secret, you can make millions. I wont say a word, I promise, I cant wait to see a big punching Bradley and neither will his millions of fan's. Who knew that correcting his coordination and efficient movement was all that he needed.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #57
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
So what you saying is if you didnt have idiots claiming that "either you are born with or not" thats what is preventing modern technology, new scienticific discoveries from occurring. Jeez I am sure Bradley would love to hear what you have to say, and if he knew that if he corrected the things that you are pointing out will make him a big puncher. Contact Brown bomber, work on his technique, his coordination and make his movement more efficient then he will be able to knock people out, then call Top Rank, and tell them I am sure they will fall all over themselves to give Bradley's phone number. Hey, keep this secret, you can make millions. I wont say a word, I promise, I cant wait to see a big punching Bradley and neither will his millions of fan's. Who knew that correcting his coordination and efficient movement was all that he needed.
The fact that you think it's so simple and everyone will be able to do it just shows how simple you are. You really are a genuinely stupid person.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #58
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
The fact that you think it's so simple and everyone will be able to do it just shows how simple you are. You really are a genuinely stupid person.

Dealt, is that a promotion, from just being an idiot? To "a genuinely stupid person", I feel honored that you bestowed this honor on me, who just a few hours ago was just a plain run of the mill idiot.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #59
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dempsey, you are nobodies Fool, quite intelligent, and Fun. But dont lets try and stop advancement, or trying to stop the search for Why. Thats what keeps a lot of people going, and searching for answers. Plus I dont think they are too far away.
scrap is online now  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #60
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

I'm not interested in conversing with ignorant people. Just because you hold a managers license means **** all. Most boxing managers are people who haven't got the ability to fight or the knowledge to train. Your just an administrator. Well done.
brown bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing