Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 02:26 AM   #61
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Dempsey, you are nobodies Fool, quite intelligent, and Fun. But dont lets try and stop advancement, or trying to stop the search for Why. Thats what keeps a lot of people going, and searching for answers. Plus I dont think they are too far away.
Scrap, you from what I understand have been in the game awhile, you have seen many changes in conditioning a tip o the hat to you cos you have accepted those changes I believe I as a manager, wouldn't be doing my guy any favors if I was closeminded. I would feel I wasn't doing my job so in my own way and I believe a majority of the coaches feel the same way, we are all looking for that edge for our guy. Think about it do you think any self respecting Promoter, manager, trainer, fighter wouldn't want that technololgy available to them. What these guys dont seem to understand that at the elite level they have always been ahead of the game, if for no other selffish reason, they want that edge.
You are that bridge for some of these guys who know it all, maybe somebody needs to teach them respect. I love punchers, and that would be fine by me if that could happen, and all the fights ended by ko. Nothing better than to see guys with skills put one over. My real beef with these guys is that they are quick to dump on boxing coaches cos they don't believe as they do, that irks me, sorry but it does.
I know these guys sacrifice everything to be in that gym day after day, so they deserve abit of respect. By the way do you know Craig Callaghan, a welter, he either won or fought for the ABA title? He is now living in Texas and fought here on Nov 30th.
Scrap glad to have had the chance to get to know you somewhat, anyway have a Happy and Properous New Year.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 02:35 AM   #62
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
I'm not interested in conversing with ignorant people. Just because you hold a managers license means **** all. Most boxing managers are people who haven't got the ability to fight or the knowledge to train. Your just an administrator. Well done.

sounds like you had some bad handling and management problems. It's really too bad some fighters are taken advantage of. You seem to have a love for this, keep at it. I didnt want to get into it with you, I guess we both got in each others way.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #63
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Not at all Dempsey perhaps scanning your posts I've got it wrong- you seem to be arguing with people who make it their business to try and progress and learn. Further your doing this under the guise of someone who wants to learn? I think your unwillingness to accept other people opinion is what's upsetting people-

Apoligies if I've been a bit harsh - i thought you were a troll rather then someone here for the long haul
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #64
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

So couldnt put a Face to the Name, so went looking for this guy Alvarez , Oh its Him. Watched Him 2 years ago and was impressed, my type of Fighter. Great Oral stability and Posture, controls the Botty, Feet spacing just right, does not over reach. When sparring He is there to learn, no Libertys no bad Hands, He has to be a Banger. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmB3anbYCQM[/ame]
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #65
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Not at all Dempsey perhaps scanning your posts I've got it wrong- you seem to be arguing with people who make it their business to try and progress and learn. Further your doing this under the guise of someone who wants to learn? I think your unwillingness to accept other people opinion is what's upsetting people-

Apoligies if I've been a bit harsh - i thought you were a troll rather then someone here for the long haul
---

Last edited by viru§™; 12-29-2012 at 11:13 AM.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #66
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
So couldnt put a Face to the Name, so went looking for this guy Alvarez , Oh its Him. Watched Him 2 years ago and was impressed, my type of Fighter. Great Oral stability and Posture, controls the Botty, Feet spacing just right, does not over reach. When sparring He is there to learn, no Libertys no bad Hands, He has to be a Banger. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

WTF is "Oral Stability and Posture"? And he controls what?? Botty??


I've seen lots of fights over the years, have listened to thousands of broadcasters describing fights and fighters, did a little of it myself many years ago and have never heard of the above terms.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #67
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Pioneers tend to speak that way.

Scrap... How do u explain cotto's power? His stability is poor isn't it?

Also how do you feel about how George Benton positioned himself- he was off centre. I've used this guard more and more as I've got older - I find it works well.

Thanks mate
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #68
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo2176 View Post
I've seen lots of fights over the years, have listened to thousands of broadcasters describing fights and fighters, did a little of it myself many years ago and have never heard of the above terms.
They commentate on the boxing not the science behind it.

Scrap likes to talk in riddles to get you thinking and do some research for yourself.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #69
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Pioneers tend to speak that way.

Scrap... How do u explain cotto's power? His stability is poor isn't it?

Also how do you feel about how George Benton positioned himself- he was off centre. I've used this guard more and more as I've got older - I find it works well.

Thanks mate
I love watching Benton. Makes me laugh when I hear people refer to the 'shoulder roll' as some sort of defensive style that was created by Mayweather (when in reality it is just a defensive skill that is fantastically effective with that style), yet Benton had a very similar style years earlier. I think the oldest footage I've seen of somebody using the shoulder roll is Joe Gans, against Kid Herman IIRC.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #70
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 515
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
They commentate on the boxing not the science behind it.

Scrap likes to talk in riddles to get you thinking and do some research for yourself.
To me he sounds like yoda from star wars
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #71
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
I love watching Benton. Makes me laugh when I hear people refer to the 'shoulder roll' as some sort of defensive style that was created by Mayweather (when in reality it is just a defensive skill that is fantastically effective with that style), yet Benton had a very similar style years earlier. I think the oldest footage I've seen of somebody using the shoulder roll is Joe Gans, against Kid Herman IIRC.
I wish I'd discovered that style as a youngster it's very effective
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #72
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Pioneers tend to speak that way.

Scrap... How do u explain cotto's power? His stability is poor isn't it?

Also how do you feel about how George Benton positioned himself- he was off centre. I've used this guard more and more as I've got older - I find it works well.

Thanks mate
You mean the Philly Shell, first time I ever saw it Charlie Burley used it. Its been about years in one form or another. Think its serves more purpose using the Knees and Feet, rather than bending the spine and looking at the floor, wondering where you are going to Land .
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #73
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Pioneers tend to speak that way.

Scrap... How do u explain cotto's power? His stability is poor isn't it?

Also how do you feel about how George Benton positioned himself- he was off centre. I've used this guard more and more as I've got older - I find it works well.

Thanks mate
Cotto, was just going to fall just short, strong and well matched at Lt Welter but could Fill the place good support, got looked after.
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #74
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
To me he sounds like yoda from star wars
A speach therapist I coach tells me, Im Dyslexic is it , true.
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #75
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

I think some of the most disturbing and sad footage I've watched was seeing Kirkland beat up that guy in sparring.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013