Old 12-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #16
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: Old school training is the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
My athletic achievements aren't relevant to what I say. Go to any professional sporting team or olympic centre and find out how many of their strength coaches have participated in the sport that they have control over. I've been in that environment and I'm telling you it's very rare for any of their nutritionists, biomechanists, sports psychologists and strength coaches to have had experience in the sport they look after (sometimes junior participation, sometimes just an interest in the sport, often they don't even like the sport they control). So tell me why I would care about what you think in regards to credibility when you would disregard the most knowledgable because they haven't participated in the sport?
I have published articles in scientific journals from my post-grad research that I'm not going to link to (I prefer to stay anonymous and I don't want any of my colleagues names to be associated with my sometimes rants and silly comments on a message board), if you think that makes me a wannabe then great. Newsflash.. I don't actually care what you think, I don't have to disprove what you believe when you don't know anything about me. Being a bit self-important there you think, who are you to demand credentials? Feel free to provide me with some credentials on why I should conversate with you. I believe you're a bit stupid, prove me wrong and I might talk to you.

I don't have all the answers, nobody does. But I know a hell of a lot more than the likes of dempsey4321. I'm stirring him up because he is a moron that is against any advances in sport, he is into hero worshipping of the past and sees no problems with anything they do in regards to training. That's the sort of attitude that keeps people dumb and averse to growth.
Logical Fallacies are easier for people.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #17
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Okay so you have no achievements but spend all day in this subforum doing nothing but attacking others. Got it
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #18
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Instead of the ad hominems, why don't you actually take apart stuff that he says?
To what end? This is a troll thread. Before boxing I played fb in a major ncaa conference we had our own team doctor, nutritionists, strength coaches, athletic trainers etc. Having been through personalized strength programs and diets etc I'm confident in my own knowledge. Most of what he says is pretty basic my only problem is how much of a prick he acts towards everyone. This dork is just a an athletic trainer at best (a glorified water boy) If he was a legit six figure strength coach he wouldn't be on here trolling like a twelve year old. Read the op ffs. As if there aren't successful athletes today who abuse alcohol or drugs or God knows what.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #19
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I know it's a troll thread, but whether or not he has accomplished anything in boxing doesn't detract from the validity of his criticisms towards certain training methods.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #20
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

LOLz,im gonna put my army boots right now and go running 15 miles on a asphalt road while trying to smoke a cuban
In reality old school training, be that of dempseys,fraziers,ali were extremely moronical,but that doesnt mean they werent great boxers,i dont understand why people cant get that throught their thick ****ing skull.
Its the same with soccer,basketball,any damn sport,look at their training 50 years ago and try to incorporate it now,people will look at you like you went mad or some shit.
To people talking shit go look at rugby trainings,and see how complex it is.
I dont know why boxing gets a pass and when you say old school training wasnt good at all they want to ****ing murder you.
LOOK AT MY AVATAR AND SEE WHO WAS MY IDOL(FRAZIER),BUT HIS S&C TRAINING WAS ABYSMAL.

Last edited by pecho26; 12-29-2012 at 07:17 AM.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #21
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
To what end? This is a troll thread. Before boxing I played fb in a major ncaa conference we had our own team doctor, nutritionists, strength coaches, athletic trainers etc. Having been through personalized strength programs and diets etc I'm confident in my own knowledge. Most of what he says is pretty basic my only problem is how much of a prick he acts towards everyone. This dork is just a an athletic trainer at best (a glorified water boy) If he was a legit six figure strength coach he wouldn't be on here trolling like a twelve year old. Read the op ffs. As if there aren't successful athletes today who abuse alcohol or drugs or God knows what.
So your problem is that I'm being mean to somebody else on the internet? Get a life kid.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #22
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Old school training is superior, Boxing is like a marathon and which is why little guys with better stamnia dominate the fight game.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #23
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Old school training is superior, Boxing is like a marathon and which is why little guys with better stamnia dominate the fight game.
Tell me about it, I can run 42km in 36 minutes with a 1 minute break every 3 minutes.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Tell me about it, I can run 42km in 36 minutes with a 1 minute break every 3 minutes.
So thats 48 minutes, impressed
scrap is online now  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #25
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

Dealt withs athletic achievements is a cross fit competition :

Those who can't do teach. It's okay real athletes need someone to fetch our water and stretch us out.

Reminds me of that Lefty another guru who turned out to be some scrawny unathletic kid.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #26
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
Dealt withs athletic achievements is a cross fit competition :

Those who can't do teach. It's okay real athletes need someone to fetch our water and stretch us out.

Reminds me of that Lefty another guru who turned out to be some scrawny unathletic kid.
Just wondering, what have you done?

And that sayimg is utter bullshit. Just sayin'
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #27
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
My athletic achievements aren't relevant to what I say. Go to any professional sporting team or olympic centre and find out how many of their strength coaches have participated in the sport that they have control over. I've been in that environment and I'm telling you it's very rare for any of their nutritionists, biomechanists, sports psychologists and strength coaches to have had experience in the sport they look after (sometimes junior participation, sometimes just an interest in the sport, often they don't even like the sport they control). So tell me why I would care about what you think in regards to credibility when you would disregard the most knowledgable because they haven't participated in the sport?
I have published articles in scientific journals from my post-grad research that I'm not going to link to (I prefer to stay anonymous and I don't want any of my colleagues names to be associated with my sometimes rants and silly comments on a message board), if you think that makes me a wannabe then great. Newsflash.. I don't actually care what you think, I don't have to disprove what you believe when you don't know anything about me. Being a bit self-important there you think, who are you to demand credentials? Feel free to provide me with some credentials on why I should conversate with you. I believe you're a bit stupid, prove me wrong and I might talk to you.

I don't have all the answers, nobody does. But I know a hell of a lot more than the likes of dempsey4321. I'm stirring him up because he is a moron that is against any advances in sport, he is into hero worshipping of the past and sees no problems with anything they do in regards to training. That's the sort of attitude that keeps people dumb and averse to growth.
You my fine feathered friend are a keyboard warrior, for a person who writes in scientific journals, why are you on these blogs, you sound way to intelligent to be with the likes of us. Is it cos you really dont have any fighting credentials and can't fight, and by calling people people names makes you feel superior to them. Not only can you not fight but you cant teach either. Keyboard warrior+scientific journals+calling people names+can't teach=LOSER
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #28
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Just wondering, what have you done?

And that sayimg is utter bullshit. Just sayin'
Ofcourse it's not. I mean, Cus D'Amato, Angelo Dundee, Virgil Hunter & Nazim Richardson had ****ing amazing careers before going in to traini...oh.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #29
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Ooooo I am impressed but can you fight? The way you talk and disrespect people, you should be able to fight, cos sooner or later someone will step up. I would pay to see you fight, as you're getting your ass handed to you, will you be thinking, "ok my gluts are inline with my oscillating framus, which releases natural gases, so why am I getting hit by a know nothing fighter, and his stupid old school boxing coach is telling him how to do it, thats not fair. If he can have a stupid old school coach giving him instructions then I should be able to consult my scientific journals, to find out what I am doing wrong."
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #30
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Ooooo I am impressed but can you fight? The way you talk and disrespect people, you should be able to fight, cos sooner or later someone will step up. I would pay to see you fight, as you're getting your ass handed to you, will you be thinking, "ok my gluts are inline with my oscillating framus, which releases natural gases, so why am I getting hit by a know nothing fighter, and his stupid old school boxing coach is telling him how to do it, thats not fair. If he can have a stupid old school coach giving him instructions then I should be able to consult my scientific journals, to find out what I am doing wrong."
Do you realise what 42 Km is
scrap is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing