boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #181
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: Is Ricky burns terrified of Adrian broner?

Ricky has chosen the path of the fish.

Bad move.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #182
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
So what you are saying is Brook ducked Bradley, but Burns didn't duck Broner? How does that work?
I'm trying to figure out why you're struggling to accept this logic. I'm not saying Brook definitely DID duck Bradley, I'm just saying you can't give Brook a pass because of the financial terms and not Burns.

Quote:
What else has Burns got lined up? I'll ask you again, WHAT IS RICKY'S PATH???
I answered, if you took the time to read what I said properly. I'm not Ricky. I don't know. But he has options simply by having a belt. Just because you don't see the options doesn't mean they aren't there.

Quote:
Regarding Brook is was clear cut...... The Bradley fight was for "not great money" (according to Hearn) & loaded with options. We all knew that prior to TopRanks offer, Brook was heading for an IBF mandatory spot, and Marchroom followed that through.
And, from what Schaefer has said, they wouldn't give Ricky what he asked for. That might have also included options. You don't know anything about what Frank and Richard discussed. But you clearly think Burns should have just accepted it, whatever it was. You're all over the place with your rationale. Unlike Rees or Brook, Burns is a champion and an established ticket-seller. He has as much right to get paid as the unproven Broner.

Why do I also suspect that Rees is getting a terrible payday, but Hearn hasn't seen fit to reject that on those terms.

Quote:
Why has Burns chosen to not fight Broner? Because he has unfinished by business with Liam Walsh
Don't put words in my mouth and, while you're at it, combine the few things we do know. Burns didn't want the fight so soon, when he'd been preparing for a completely different fight. He wanted more than he was being offered financially. And he clearly feels the fight will still be there in May.

That's not really ducking, especially when - as far as we know - the deal wasn't great.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #183
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

I can give Brook a pass because he is now fighting Alexander for the title.

The thing is, how many more options are there for Burns to fight on HBO, on a big card, in front of a big audience in America? That's what I'm getting at here.

As I said on another thread (we seem to be debating this over numerous threads) I'll reserve judgement on Burns depending on who his next couple of opponents are.

I guess you're right, just because I can't see the options it doesn't mean their are none.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #184
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400
Default Re: I hope burns and his team feel ashamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post

Gamboa? Seriously? GAMBOA? Yeah, that's a MUCH better fight. Another guy who sells no tickets and has pretty much arrived at the exact level I always knew he would - nothing special.

And he's tiny too. If Burns is available to fight and Broner chooses Gamboa, it will be pretty clear he never really wanted the fight. Hopefully you'll all apply the same criticism to him at that stage.

But you won't. Cause you're ****ing ****s.
Burns wants a million dollars to be on an undercard fight with Broner, Gamboa would take half that & the fight would create alot more buzz in America

I don't like it but Ricky has missed the boat cos I think he'd beat Broner
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #185
Black_Rainbows
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: I hope burns and his team feel ashamed

Quote:
I want to just take a moment to point out something Bunce said a few years ago regarding Pavlik-Abraham. That fight was there, fans wanted it, and yet it never happened.

Abraham was called a ducker for not travelling for it, but what it came down to was cash common sense.
From what I remember, Abraham was willing to travel. In fact, he went and did the Miranda rematch in America (I think) looking for the Pavlik fight. But then Hopkins got his hands on Pavlik, and I don't think Pavlik's team wanted it.
Black_Rainbows is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #186
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

There's a difference between 'waiting for the right time' and straight up 'avoiding'. Brook was right not to fight Bradley because it wasn't the right time financially and he'd have been beaten, but Burns is a world champion at his peak. He will never be in a position to demand more money than he does now, nor will he improve as a fighter. This is it for him.

Two entirely different cases.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #187
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
There's a difference between 'waiting for the right time' and straight up 'avoiding'. Brook was right not to fight Bradley because it wasn't the right time financially and he'd have been beaten, but Burns is a world champion at his peak. He will never be in a position to demand more money than he does now, nor will he improve as a fighter. This is it for him.

Two entirely different cases.
Holy ****, you're right. A forum poster has deigned that Ricky should take the fight, despite not knowing what was offered, what the terms were or... holy ****... anything about the fight at all!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #188
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

"Speaking with the Heraldscotland.com, Morrison said “We are not taking the fight. Ricky doesn’t have the necessary strong mindset at the moment to undertake such a big fight.”
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #189
tmsbry
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
"Speaking with the Heraldscotland.com, Morrison said “We are not taking the fight. Ricky doesn’t have the necessary strong mindset at the moment to undertake such a big fight.”
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #190
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1321
Default Re: Boxnation subscribers are subsidising Burns ducking

Burns and Frank in no hurry to face Broner.They both know it's over and it will be the end of their paydays.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #191
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Holy ****, you're right. A forum poster has deigned that Ricky should take the fight, despite not knowing what was offered, what the terms were or... holy ****... anything about the fight at all!
I'm not saying that Burns 'should' take the fight because I've never said that he won't take it. The issue is with Burns' manager and promoter who are clearly nervous about the fight. The amount they want is unrealistically high.

The whole tone of the negotiations are telling. GBP approached Frank with an offer, who rejected because they need more time, apparently. Frank didn't approach them or counter with a realistic offer, they priced themselves out. Is this the tone of a camp who want the fight? Have they ever approached GBP or HBO, or are they merely rejecting offers?

I am certain Burns would take the fight tomorrow. However, I'm equally as certain in thinking that Frank and Burns' manager are scared he'll lose, so will only accept the fight when it's impossible to reject it.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #192
tmsbry
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm not saying that Burns 'should' take the fight because I've never said that he won't take it. The issue is with Burns' manager and promoter who are clearly nervous about the fight. The amount they want is unrealistically high.

The whole tone of the negotiations are telling. GBP approached Frank with an offer, who rejected because they need more time, apparently. Frank didn't approach them or counter with a realistic offer, they priced themselves out. Is this the tone of a camp who want the fight? Have they ever approached GBP or HBO, or are they merely rejecting offers?

I am certain Burns would take the fight tomorrow. However, I'm equally as certain in thinking that Frank and Burns' manager are scared he'll lose, so will only accept the fight when it's impossible to reject it.

Ricky is the one who doesn't want the fight, not *****, he can't force burns to fight Broner
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #193
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

That quote sums this up. Morrison making Burns out to be some fragile ***** there. The lad just beat up the mighty Kevin Mitchell in a massive battle of Britain . He should be brimming full of confidence..

Says it all it really does. Sad sad stuff here..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #194
Peter__1987

vCash:

Yeah this is terrible really, what the **** is Ricky playing at?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #195
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxnation subscribers are subsidising Burns ducking

This ducking is shameful and it's not the first time.

We all know that Rickys paper title run (re run) will be over if he goes near Broner, he has nothing to gain but a beat down ,we all know this.

Keep the fake "world champion" rein going as long as possible is the plan against British level and broken back opponents as well no less.

You should cancel your subscriptions anyway, this is just another reason to do so.
doylexxx is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum