Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #76
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Cotto, was just going to fall just short, strong and well matched at Lt Welter but could Fill the place good support, got looked after.
Ooh controversial... He put his punches together beautifully scrap! Isn't every boxer destined to fail at some point?

Re burley great shout...
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #77
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 959
vCash: 515
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
A speach therapist I coach tells me, Im Dyslexic is it , true.
Im also Dyslexic,but mediocre.When i read i have to really,really concetrate for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
I think some of the most disturbing and sad footage I've watched was seeing Kirkland beat up that guy in sparring.
All of kirklands sparring is awful to watch,i dont know whats the purpose in it.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #78
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Not at all Dempsey perhaps scanning your posts I've got it wrong- you seem to be arguing with people who make it their business to try and progress and learn. Further your doing this under the guise of someone who wants to learn? I think your unwillingness to accept other people opinion is what's upsetting people-

Apoligies if I've been a bit harsh - i thought you were a troll rather then someone here for the long haul
Bomber, I am not arguing against progress, if you notice it's the same guys all the time. I take pride in what I do, I protect and fight for my guys. If I was closed minded to advances or something that would benefit my guys, who would I be hurting my guy. What bothers me is the way they say it. Seems like if you don't think like they do or know what they know, you're an idiot, a dumb cunt, stupid, or retarded. I don't like bully's and some of these guys need to learn how to respect other people and what they do. The worst way to learn something is for someone trying to jam it down your throat.
I believe I wrote Scrap about two skilled guys putting one over, the guy I was thinking about was George Benton. Watch the George Benton vs Johnny Smith fight on youtube. George was economical in his movement, and had power, watch how he puts one over, really two and down and out. You picked a good one. Please don't think not one minute that boxing coaches, even old school ones wouldn't accept change if it gives their guys an edge or benefits them in any way. I for one would love to see skilled guys go at it, and both having killer power, so go modern science.
Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year,
Take care
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #79
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
Im also Dyslexic,but mediocre.When i read i have to really,really concetrate for example.

All of kirklands sparring is awful to watch,i dont know whats the purpose in it.
He is trained by Anne Wolfe, and that is what she wants for James to go on seek and destroy missions when they spar. Her philosophy is go hard in sparring and you'll go hard in a fight. She works her guys hard, but hard with no plan, she needs help but her ego won't accept help, so in the end who pays for it, her guys.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #80
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Seems like if you don't think like they do or know what they know, you're an idiot, a dumb cunt, stupid, or retarded.
You enjoy playing the victim don't you?

Nobody has just randomly insulted you. The reason you get insulted is because you claim to know things for a fact that you can't possibly know with your limited knowledge in certain areas. You also tell people that are advanced in this field they're wrong because everything you say is right. You also make troll threads which has got you a bad name on the forum as you look like you just want to cause trouble.

You're not open minded in the slightest and you don't back a thing you say. When you're asked to respond or you get backed into a corner knowledge wise, you do what you done in this post, play the victim, claim everyone is clueless and start throwing out random emotions.

If you want to be treated like an adult and have a reasonable debate then do so, state what you think and back it up with something. You don't do this. You just throw out "increasing punching power isn't possible" then when Scrap gives some information on how it is possible you go on the attack.

Just thought I'd put this out there. Maybe you'll actually learn something from this post.

BTW, also in that post -

Quote:
Please don't think not one minute that boxing coaches, even old school ones wouldn't accept change if it gives their guys an edge or benefits them in any way.
Strength training with weights. Increased strength and speed = better athlete.

See how that goes down with old school coaches.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #81
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 959
vCash: 515
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
He is trained by Anne Wolfe, and that is what she wants for James to go on seek and destroy missions when they spar. Her philosophy is go hard in sparring and you'll go hard in a fight. She works her guys hard, but hard with no plan, she needs help but her ego won't accept help, so in the end who pays for it, her guys.
This is where i will agree with you.Imo Anne Wolfe is a terrible trainer.
She is one of those examples,the more harder the better,just go hard,no matter what.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #82
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
You enjoy playing the victim don't you?

Nobody has just randomly insulted you. The reason you get insulted is because you claim to know things for a fact that you can't possibly know with your limited knowledge in certain areas. You also tell people that are advanced in this field they're wrong because everything you say is right. You also make troll threads which has got you a bad name on the forum as you look like you just want to cause trouble.

You're not open minded in the slightest and you don't back a thing you say. When you're asked to respond or you get backed into a corner knowledge wise, you do what you done in this post, play the victim, claim everyone is clueless and start throwing out random emotions.

If you want to be treated like an adult and have a reasonable debate then do so, state what you think and back it up with something. You don't do this. You just throw out "increasing punching power isn't possible" then when Scrap gives some information on how it is possible you go on the attack.

Just thought I'd put this out there. Maybe you'll actually learn something from this post.

BTW, also in that post -



Strength training with weights. Increased strength and speed = better athlete.

See how that goes down with old school coaches.
I guess, you dont have any real meaningful real world experience, most boxing coaches do accept new conditioning ideas cos it benefits their fighters, not cos of anal rings who spew intellectual fecal matter, see it's really that simple, you guys over complicate something simple, all you have to do is take a course on teaching, and then putting that to work with all this knowledge you have. People dont learn that way, the old school way to teach is to badger someone into it. It is more effective if you learn how to, to teach the new school. modern teaching techniques. You guys assume an awful lot, we are talking and living now, so what is available now is theories, no facts behind that. My facts come from hands on experience, yours from scientific journals, text books and maybe working working at an amateur level. Also you might be interested in taking a course on how to debate. Name calling, and belittling someone elses opinion you dont like it shows your immaturity.
I will debate you anytime, on any point, if you accept what I have to say as you want me to accept what you have to say. You wont agree with everything that I have to say and neither will I accept all you have to say. dose r da rools, bucko!
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #83
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
I guess, you dont have any real meaningful real world experience, most boxing coaches do accept new conditioning ideas cos it benefits their fighters, not cos of anal rings who spew intellectual fecal matter, see it's really that simple, you guys over complicate something simple, all you have to do is take a course on teaching, and then putting that to work with all this knowledge you have. People dont learn that way, the old school way to teach is to badger someone into it. It is more effective if you learn how to, to teach the new school. modern teaching techniques. You guys assume an awful lot, we are talking and living now, so what is available now is theories, no facts behind that. My facts come from hands on experience, yours from scientific journals, text books and maybe working working at an amateur level. Also you might be interested in taking a course on how to debate. Name calling, and belittling someone elses opinion you dont like it shows your immaturity.
I will debate you anytime, on any point, if you accept what I have to say as you want me to accept what you have to say. You wont agree with everything that I have to say and neither will I accept all you have to say. dose r da rools, bucko!
I see I was accurate in my above post.

Try reading your post and see how it reflects on yourself.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #84
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 959
vCash: 515
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
I guess, you dont have any real meaningful real world experience, most boxing coaches do accept new conditioning ideas cos it benefits their fighters, not cos of anal rings who spew intellectual fecal matter, see it's really that simple, you guys over complicate something simple, all you have to do is take a course on teaching, and then putting that to work with all this knowledge you have. People dont learn that way, the old school way to teach is to badger someone into it. It is more effective if you learn how to, to teach the new school. modern teaching techniques. You guys assume an awful lot, we are talking and living now, so what is available now is theories, no facts behind that. My facts come from hands on experience, yours from scientific journals, text books and maybe working working at an amateur level. Also you might be interested in taking a course on how to debate. Name calling, and belittling someone elses opinion you dont like it shows your immaturity.
I will debate you anytime, on any point, if you accept what I have to say as you want me to accept what you have to say. You wont agree with everything that I have to say and neither will I accept all you have to say. dose r da rools, bucko!
Most of them do not accept new ideas at all,and i have been around.I talked with our coach of national selection has and has trained a number of our pros),and he knows a little bit(a really little bit) and what he doesnt know he disses the living shit out of anything and everything.
Every boxing coach who i met and had conversation,and you can get to them easily at amateur tournaments:
a)dont know much or dont know anything
b)what they dont know they says its wrong,and this what really gets under my skin.how the hell can you know whats wrong if you dont know it?

Where i live its like that in number of sports,and thats sad.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #85
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
I see I was accurate in my above post.

Try reading your post and see how it reflects on yourself.
Ooookay, 'er is this rd one of our great debate???

Just to clarify the rules of engagement, you want me to answer your post first or both mine and yours?
I will answer every single point in your post in a reasonable manner, without too much sarcasem, they will be answered and I expect the same.


dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #86
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Canelo is a heavy handed puncher for sure, but I don't think he's an explosive, shocking puncher like Pacquaio for instance.

And it's not just small guys that have this attribute. Wlad Klitschko also appears to have explosive punching power.
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #87
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

pecho, you are one of those guys that think they know everything, yet you haven't even lifted that much weight from a PFP perspective, so how could you possibly know the difference between a body trained with advanced calesthenics and one trained by weights?

I can feel the difference this last weekend when I was playing with my nephews and neices.

Before when I was lifting heavy weights, I was less limber and slower, but this time around, I have no issues at all. No aches, no pains, no stiffness and more energy.

I suppose the only lift worth doing is the deadlift, and perhaps, every other week or less.

I've never noticed any difference in punching power when I integrated cleans and olympic lifts in my program.

Perhaps there was a difference, but it was negligable at best.

It was easy to get injured too. Not worth it IMO.
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #88
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Ooookay, 'er is this rd one of our great debate???

Just to clarify the rules of engagement, you want me to answer your post first or both mine and yours?
I will answer every single point in your post in a reasonable manner, without too much sarcasem, they will be answered and I expect the same.

There's nothing to reply to. It's not a debate, that's how you are viewed on the forum.

Attempting to "answer" my post will give more validity to what I said. Go ahead if you feel the need.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #89
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

The thing about these dudes on here that talk about all this modern S and C is, yes they are paid to clean an athletes ball sack and hold his bags, but they won't post any before and after videos of them to prove their point that you can develop into a puncher.

Virus and dealth with need to put that shit up and prove it.
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #90
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
The thing about these dudes on here that talk about all this modern S and C is, yes they are paid to clean an athletes ball sack and hold his bags, but they won't post any before and after videos of them to prove their point that you can develop into a puncher.

Virus and dealth with need to put that shit up and prove it.
Anyone know what this guy is blabbering on about?
viru§™ is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013