Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #16
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Tyson, Ali, foreman, Louis, Frazier, Lewis, Holmes, Bowe I'd favour over him.

Everyone else I'd favour him over.
Agree exept i'd pick Dempsey aswell because of his ferocity speed and punching power,, Vitali would never face what Dempsey could do too him
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #17
zadfrak
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,253
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

I really really like Wlad over Commander Vander. Far too many guys have had tons of success with jabs against evander and this guy likely has the best. Could possibly be a late cuts stoppage. A definate tko if Wlad went to the body some to soften him up like bowe and Toney did, but it'd be more of a potshotting and move fight with Evander just having to make up too much ground.

A think a guy like a Greg Page or a Walcott springs the upset. Maybe a Lyle, who can absorb well. An opponent that should not win but finds a way to capitalize and pulls off the upset.

I like Wlad over Holmes in a real good boxing match but for Ali to edge out Wladimir in a close contest. It was just so difficult to beat ali on the cards and you pretty much have to dominate him like Smokin Joe did to squeek by, and I think the margin of victory is not that wide. So, another Norton 2 or Frazier 2 type decision.

Liston and Frazier and early Foreman stop him.
zadfrak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:46 AM   #18
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Holyfield - Holyfield via decision or late round KO. Wlad isn't going to knock him out and has shown stamina problems even with Steward in his corner. Against the "best conditioned athlete" as Holyfields camp liked to call him he gets worn down and beaten.
Buster Douglas - Douglas that McCall and Tyson fought beat him, every other version probably loses a competitive decision.
Tyson - Tyson KO 1
*Foreman-Old version - Wlad via decision but has the scare of his life.

Razor Rudduck - Ruddock via T/KO
Witherspoon - Wlad. 'Spoon should make this into a good fight though but I don't think he has what it takes to win.
Holmes - Holmes UD
Bone-crusher Smith - Wlad KO
Pinklon Thomas - Wlad victory. Thomas has a very good jab and an iron chin but I don't see him winning this.
Coetzee - Wlad KO
Greg Page - Wlad KO
Dokes - Wlad win. Dokes gets out boxed.
Weaver - Wlad victory. Should get the KO here too.

Ali - Ali UD
Liston - Listons jab gives him trouble and he eventually finds Wlad's jaw enough times to get a KO victory
Norton - Wlad KO early
Lyle - Lyle packed serious power and had very good size. The Lyle that fought Foreman would get a KO win over Wladimir IMO. He even tried to walk down Foreman in their bout together and would go after the glass.
*Foreman-Young version - He bombs out the younger Klit early
Jimmy Young - Wladimir wins a decision. Young will have his moments but he's losing this. Should be a very interesting fight though, might be like the first Byrd-Wlad fight.

Wlad beats the rest but I think that Dempsey and Walcott have a chance to make it competitive, at least early. Actually I think Dempsey may get the win here, his aggressive, ferocious style coupled with his fast hands would have the Klit in serious trouble. Fast hands and pressure are the two things that Wlad has shown that he can't deal with.
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #19
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Ah Sonny Liston another one that would beat him
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:42 AM   #20
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,941
vCash: 527
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Mayweather KO5 Wlad Klitschko
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #21
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Agree exept i'd pick Dempsey aswell because of his ferocity speed and punching power,, Vitali would never face what Dempsey could do too him
It's a difficult fight to debate that one because both sides have very valid arguments.

On one hand the most similar guy jack fought he destroyed.

On the other wlad is leagues better than that version of Willard.

I think Dempsey can't be written off because he has proved he can do that damage if he gets in close.

The real question is will he ever get in close. He's against one of the finest out fighters in boxing history. Noone has ever been able to get inside against wlad to my knowledge.

Purrity and Brewster outlasted him and Sanders timed and countered him from the southpaw stance. Peter did drop him but they were lunging rabbit punches for the most part.

I was sold on wlad beating him earlier in the year but the more I think about it the less certain I am.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #22
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Tyson, Ali, foreman, Louis, Frazier, Lewis, Holmes, Bowe I'd favour over him.

Everyone else I'd favour him over.
I might favor Witherspoon and Bonecrusher over him, Frazier at 207 is too small and so is Louis.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #23
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
I might favor Witherspoon and Bonecrusher over him, Frazier at 207 is too small and so is Louis.
If anyone in history can slip a jab and work his way inside that man is smoking Joe.

Louis was never too small for anyone in his career despite facing much bigger men at times. Skillwise he is up there with the best ever p4p and you'd have a job finding a man with a big enough size advantage to negate that skill disparity.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #24
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Dempsey was very good at bobbing and weaving he could definatley get inside and work from there. Nat Fleischer and all them said that Dempsey was a great boxer but dosen't get that credit because of his ferocious attack
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:23 AM   #25
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

I mean with his bobbing and weaving, speed (he was actually faster than in the Willard fight, they used hand crank cameras for that fight so it slowed things down) his power and combination punching he really will get Wlad on the chin it just matters when, might be another one of his 1st round knockouts, need Burt Beinstock on here he knows what people who saw Dempsey said about him.
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #26
recycling
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Dempsey totally overrated
recycling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #27
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Holyfield wlad by late tko
Buster Douglas wlad by late ko
Tyson tyson by early ko or wlad by late ko
*Foreman-Old version corner stoppage in the tenth from foreman's corner

Razor Rudduck early ko by wlad
Witherspoon wlad by late tko
Holmes wlad by close ud
Bone-crusher Smith wlad by late tko
Pinklon Thomas wlad by late tko
Coetzee wlad by late tko
Greg Page wlad by late tko
Dokes early tko by wlad
Weaver early tko by wlad

Ali wlad by close ud
Liston late tko by wlad
Norton early ko by wlad
Lyle late tko by wlad
*Foreman-Young version early ko by wlad
Jimmy Young late tko by wlad

Walcott early ko by wlad
Charles early ko by wlad
Rex Layne 34-1-1 version early ko by wlad

Schmeling early ko by wlad
Max Baer early ko by wlad

Tunney early ko by wlad
Dempsey early ko by wlad
Johnson early ko by wlad
Jeffires early ko by wlad
Sullivan early ko by wlad

only guys who could beat wlad are: Lewis, vitali, tyson, holmes and ali. they could beat him, that doesn't means they win.

don't forget that wlad is a great boxer who happens two have one punch power in both hands for the whole fight, good stamina and he is a real superheavy who is fast as ****. all guys before liston you can't count they would get eaten alive by all the last champions since ali
Mordechai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #28
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
I mean with his bobbing and weaving, speed (he was actually faster than in the Willard fight, they used hand crank cameras for that fight so it slowed things down) his power and combination punching he really will get Wlad on the chin it just matters when, might be another one of his 1st round knockouts, need Burt Beinstock on here he knows what people who saw Dempsey said about him.
It's a big ask but not beyond the realm of possibility.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #29
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,549
vCash: 239
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
It's a difficult fight to debate that one because both sides have very valid arguments.

On one hand the most similar guy jack fought he destroyed.

On the other wlad is leagues better than that version of Willard.

I think Dempsey can't be written off because he has proved he can do that damage if he gets in close.

The real question is will he ever get in close. He's against one of the finest out fighters in boxing history. Noone has ever been able to get inside against wlad to my knowledge.

Purrity and Brewster outlasted him and Sanders timed and countered him from the southpaw stance. Peter did drop him but they were lunging rabbit punches for the most part.

I was sold on wlad beating him earlier in the year but the more I think about it the less certain I am.
Do you think this shit through before you post it? Give me an example of other great "out fighters"?
How does one of the best in boxing history get outclasssed by two nobody's and get dropped repatedaly by lunging rabbit punches?

Nobody was able to get inside because his opponents are the weakest HWs to ever fight for a world title who dont have the ambition to win.
He fought in a heavy weight division where fat ex middle weight James Toney had success.
He choses to fight guys like Wach voluntarily who will just stand there and walks away from live body's like Chisora twice.

dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 AM   #30
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Do you think this shit through before you post it? Give me an example of other great "out fighters"?
How does one of the best in boxing history get outclasssed by two nobody's and get dropped repatedaly by lunging rabbit punches?

Nobody was able to get inside because his opponents are the weakest HWs to ever fight for a world title who dont have the ambition to win.
He fought in a heavy weight division where fat ex middle weight James Toney had success.
He choses to fight guys like Wach voluntarily who will just stand there and walks away from live body's like Chisora twice.
Yeah he gassed twice and got twatted another time. Shit happens. Since 06 he's been number 1 and established himself as one of the best out fighters in history. Old bones lost plenty of times, you gonna tell me he was shit on the outside as well?

Chisora is a live body? Chisora when that fight was being talked about I gave wlad so much shit for making such a joke fight I'm glad it never came off.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013