doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxnation subscribers are subsidising Burns ducking

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P Sky View Post
It's Alex Morrison.

Morrison announced: "We are not taking the fight. Ricky doesn't have the necessary strong mindset at the moment to undertake such a big fight."

Morrison said: "We are definitely not going to America. I was the one who talked Ricky out of it."
I am sure it took hours of mind control and holding ricky down to

''talk him out of it"

The least he can do is throw his phoney belt away and stop pretending he is a champion of the world
doylexxx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #197
Barry Smith
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Burns, his manager and promoter have no intention what so ever of fighting Broner - never have and never will, after the latest comments from team Burns how more obvious does it have to be for some of you to realise this? Burns will just want milk his WBO title for as long as possible.

Last edited by Barry Smith; 12-29-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Barry Smith is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #198
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Burns doesn't want Broner and neither does Neslon. And that isn't a criticism as they are just being smart. There's no point going over there for relative small change and getting themselves completely flattened by someobody they know is superior. Nelson is never short of an opinion on here but I've seen a few threads were Burns has been called a ***** over this Broner issue and Nelson has uncharacteristically turned the other cheek. They really don't fancy that particular job
HOF is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #199
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Yes I'm gonna cancel my subscription and miss 100s of fights this year because Ricky burns ducked someone. Solid advice. Will definitely come to you in the future for advice.

I don't even care about Ricky burns.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #200
Pecsaetan
It's egg in soup!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 204
Default Re: I hope burns and his team feel ashamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
What is it with boxing fans and getting a serious rock on for any mouth almighty American with an undefeated record that's backed by HBO?
Looking around here it seems that not many rate him very highly at all. Part of the reason people aren't happy with Burns over this is because he can genuinely beat Broner.
Pecsaetan is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #201
Gero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 470

Quote:
It's Alex Morrison.

Morrison announced: "We are not taking the fight. Ricky doesn't have the necessary strong mindset at the moment to undertake such a big fight.
Gero is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #202
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirva View Post
Cancel your subscription now and mention Burns ducking of Broner as the reason.
Will do!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #203
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Unhappy Ricky Burns, Ricky Burns, Ricky Burns RICKY F*CKING BURNS THREAD NUMBER 500

This aint a British boxing forum anymore, its been over run by Ricky Burns fanboys and Ricky Burns haters. With a few with a hidden agenda smack bang in the middle.

FWP must be rubbing their hands in glee seeing all the attention a fighter who hasnt even fought in the ring for a while is getting. With the failed fight(s) in December and Gavin Rees getting in ahead of Ricky Burns in the new year, and no fight announced in the near future. FWP must be glad to see a forum being filled with Ricky Burns threads. Your keeping the fighter relevant.

Yet some of you hate the godfather of British boxing?

I bet F-wank is sat smugly, with a crackling log fire warming the room, sunk into a comfy reclined chair, with a glass of red, laughing at you lot, rubbing his hands, and counting all the money he will be making from the haters in the future.

What a bunch of
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #204
Check_Hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Ricky Burns, Ricky Burns, Ricky Burns RICKY F*CKING BURNS THREAD NUMBER 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
This aint a British boxing forum anymore, its been over run by Ricky Burns fanboys and Ricky Burns haters. With a few with a hidden agenda smack bang in the middle.

FWP must be rubbing their hands in glee seeing all the attention a fighter who hasnt even fought in the ring for a while is getting. With the failed fight(s) in December and Gavin Rees getting in ahead of Ricky Burns in the new year, and no fight announced in the near future. FWP must be glad to see a forum being filled with Ricky Burns threads. Your keeping the fighter relevant.

Yet some of you hate the godfather of British boxing?

I bet F-wank is sat smugly, with a crackling log fire warming the room, sunk into a comfy reclined chair, with a glass of red, laughing at you lot, rubbing his hands, and counting all the money he will be making from the haters in the future.

What a bunch of
every single post you put up on here is a half page blabber of shit, bore of mate
Check_Hook is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #205
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Ricky Burns, Ricky Burns, Ricky Burns RICKY F*CKING BURNS THREAD NUMBER 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check_Hook View Post
every single post you put up on here is a half page blabber of shit, bore of mate

Half page?

Wind yer neck in n have a word with yourself will ya?

1 tiny post.....in 11 odd PAGES of the same f*cking few talking about the same f*cking fighter daily. Contributing to the other 500 threads on the forum all talking about the same f*cking fighter.

What is wrong with people, what have you all got, Ricky Burnsitis?

Ricky Burns this, Ricky Burns that......anyone would think this is the greatest boxer to ever live.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #206
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: I hope burns and his team feel ashamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbry View Post
Burns wants a million dollars to be on an undercard fight with Broner, Gamboa would take half that & the fight would create alot more buzz in America

I don't like it but Ricky has missed the boat cos I think he'd beat Broner
Gamboa and Rees are the type of fights that Broner wants, they suit him and his flat track bully style. Its easy to get on TV, bad mouth another fighter, call him out even but then stick in a low ball offer.....thats sharp practice. If Broner wants to fight the best in the division then he should be calling out Vazquez
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #207
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: Is Ricky burns terrified of Adrian broner?

Quote:
They were asking for ridiculous money to face Broner. £400,000 after tax for Ricky Burns? Come on.
What were they proposing that Broner got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The whole tone of the negotiations are telling. GBP approached Frank with an offer, who rejected because they need more time, apparently.
Did this actually happen or are you making it up? What was the offer GBP made, that would be quite telling under the circumstances
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #208
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
So that's it then?

Burns asks for 3/4 times more than his highest ever purse and that's acceptable if it means he never gets to fight Broner?
Macho,you keep saying Ricky is knocking back 3 or 4 times his biggest purse.Does that mean you think he only earned around £100k for Mitchell?
Notsaying it's a stone cold fact but I've heard he got at least double that.

Quote:

At the end of the day, Billy Nelson pretty much said Burns wasn't going to take the fight in Febuary no matter what. I find that Dissapointing. Is that allowed?

I haven't abused Ricky or Billy, I haven't been rude or anything. I've just expressed my dissapointment & surprise at the decision.... How does that make me a ****ing twat?
Please correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't been on for a few days,but going on what I have seen,it seems you're taking Billy's post out of context.It wasn't stated in the way you're inferring here,as you're paraphrasing and giving it a completely different angle.
Again though,happy to put my hands up if I've missed anything.

Quote:
"Speaking with the Heraldscotland.com, Morrison said “We are not taking the fight. Ricky doesn’t have the necessary strong mindset at the moment to undertake such a big fight.”
The reason Ricky probably doesn't have a great mindset is because he had a full camp which was subsequently wasted and missed out on a big wage he was probably relying on.Ricky's no millionaire yet and I also suspect from my very limited dealings with Ricky that he's the type to feel it when people are questioning him.People think athletes of a reasonable profile are all immune to the effects of public criticism but Ricky is just a normal humble guy who will feel it when people question his integrity,regarless of the fact it shouldn't be in question.
I'd say he's got good reason not to be in the best place right now.
February was always a laughably unrealistic option.Broner would be the biggest and toughest fight of his career plus his first time stateside.It's a unification bout and Ricky is perfectly entitled to a full preparation and promotional period as this could break him as well as make him.
Broner was desperate for an opponent.Ricky's a legitimate belt holder so why should he just jump after a wasted camp and his head not being right?
Even without that he's perfectly entitled to four months notice for the biggest fight of his life.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 02:31 AM   #209
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Depends whether we are talking gross or net I guess. And I imagine their are 2 types of "net" here. (I know that sounds stupid)

Obviously we are speculating on the £400k to begin with.

Is Ricky asking for £400k net of tax? Or £400k net of tax, management, trainer, cutman fees etc? (pure take home money)

I'd be surprised if Ricky banked £200k after all deductions for Mitchell....

Regarding the Billy Nelson stuff, i don't think you can interpret it any other way. They didn't want the fight plain and simple. A quick Google search brings up lots of articles where they are saying Ricky wants a tune up fight first. Why does a world champion need a tune up?

I think his team could have handled this a lot better.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #210
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Depends whether we are talking gross or net I guess. And I imagine their are 2 types of "net" here. (I know that sounds stupid)

Obviously we are speculating on the £400k to begin with.

Is Ricky asking for £400k net of tax? Or £400k net of tax, management, trainer, cutman fees etc? (pure take home money)

I'd be surprised if Ricky banked £200k after all deductions for Mitchell....

Regarding the Billy Nelson stuff, i don't think you can interpret it any other way. They didn't want the fight plain and simple. A quick Google search brings up lots of articles where they are saying Ricky wants a tune up fight first. Why does a world champion need a tune up?

I think his team could have handled this a lot better.
dftaylor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum