Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #31
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,557
vCash: 86
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Yeah he gassed twice and got twatted another time. Shit happens. Since 06 he's been number 1 and established himself as one of the best out fighters in history. Old bones lost plenty of times, you gonna tell me he was shit on the outside as well?

Chisora is a live body? Chisora when that fight was being talked about I gave wlad so much shit for making such a joke fight I'm glad it never came off.
Why did he get gassed? Why didn't he gas out against other fighters at the time? Because he was getting pressed out of his comfort zone and taking a beatdown.. The gas got punched out of him.

He aint one of the best boxers in history, not by a long shot.
Does one of the best boxers in history get dropped by the major tv stations in the UK and the US who's fights are only a big deal in Germany? Nobody give a shit about K2 in America apart from a bunch of forum eduacted fanboys.

Chisora wasn't just talked about. The contract was signed and the fight was to take place. Are you saying Chisora wasn't a live body at the time? He showd he had the heart, chin and determination against helenius and his brother. His camp knew he was to dangerous and took him out of the fight.
Are you disputing that?
The fights he took since then against Thompson and Wach were miles further down the barrell than Chisora was.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #32
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Why did he get gassed? Why didn't he gas out against other fighters at the time? Because he was getting pressed out of his comfort zone and taking a beatdown.. The gas got punched out of him.

He aint one of the best boxers in history, not by a long shot.
Does one of the best boxers in history get dropped by the major tv stations in the UK and the US who's fights are only a big deal in Germany? Nobody give a shit about K2 in America apart from a bunch of forum eduacted fanboys.

Chisora wasn't just talked about. The contract was signed and the fight was to take place. Are you saying Chisora wasn't a live body at the time? He showd he had the heart, chin and determination against helenius and his brother. His camp knew he was to dangerous and took him out of the fight.
Are you disputing that?
The fights he took since then against Thompson and Wach were miles further down the barrell than Chisora was.
Not true at all. He kicked ten barrells of shit out of the two men until he gassed. Times like that it's either shit training or shit stamina. Considering he's gone twelve since then I'm saying it's the former.

What type of shit are you talking about now? How many people in boxing history would you pick to beat Wlad on the outside?

Chisora was not a live body by any stretch. I completely dispute that. When it was due to be made he was unbeaten but also unranked. His best victory was against sam fukin ***ton. A fight he was losing before rallying late to secure the stoppage. He then got dicked by a fellow unranked fighter in Tyson fury. He was robbed against helenius and deserved a big fight then but not with the champion. He fought well against vitali I think I had it 8-4. So agaian he deserved a big fight but again not with the champion. Against haye he was straight up twatted. At this point he dont deserve a big fight but he should be rebuilding. Price would be a good fight and one I imagine he'll lose. I'm not sure why you rate chisora this highly. If you were one of the people defending the chisora fight with wlad at the time I can only imagine you're either a closet wlad fan boy or a chisora fan boy. Nothing else makes sense.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #33
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,557
vCash: 86
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Not true at all. He kicked ten barrells of shit out of the two men until he gassed. Times like that it's either shit training or shit stamina. Considering he's gone twelve since then I'm saying it's the former.

What type of shit are you talking about now? How many people in boxing history would you pick to beat Wlad on the outside?

Chisora was not a live body by any stretch. I completely dispute that. When it was due to be made he was unbeaten but also unranked. His best victory was against sam fukin ***ton. A fight he was losing before rallying late to secure the stoppage. He then got dicked by a fellow unranked fighter in Tyson fury. He was robbed against helenius and deserved a big fight then but not with the champion. He fought well against vitali I think I had it 8-4. So agaian he deserved a big fight but again not with the champion. Against haye he was straight up twatted. At this point he dont deserve a big fight but he should be rebuilding. Price would be a good fight and one I imagine he'll lose. I'm not sure why you rate chisora this highly. If you were one of the people defending the chisora fight with wlad at the time I can only imagine you're either a closet wlad fan boy or a chisora fan boy. Nothing else makes sense.
I wouldn't expect any fighter to stay on the outside and fight Wlads fight. Why would anybody want to do that when the blueprint is out on him. He selects fighters who show up to collect their loser check. What cant you understand about that fact.

The Chisora wasn't due to be made. It WAS made and Wlad pulled out twice. Are you trying to change the facts? What did Wach do to deserve a fight, who did he beat, nobody ever even heard of him. What is your point? Chisora was young and hungry who was prepared to drag Wlad into a slug fest hell untill they dicided not to take the risk. Thats not the behaviour of one of the best boxers in history.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #34
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
I wouldn't expect any fighter to stay on the outside and fight Wlads fight. Why would anybody want to do that when the blueprint is out on him. He selects fighters who show up to collect their loser check. What cant you understand about that fact.

The Chisora wasn't due to be made. It WAS made and Wlad pulled out twice. Are you trying to change the facts? What did Wach do to deserve a fight, who did he beat, nobody ever even heard of him. What is your point? Chisora was young and hungry who was prepared to drag Wlad into a slug fest hell untill they dicided not to take the risk. Thats not the behaviour of one of the best boxers in history.
Because if they stayed outside their chances is losing increase dramatically because he's one of the best out fighters in history.

Made, signed, talked about I dont give a shit. It was a shit fight when it was first made and it's still a shit fight now. Like I said if you was one of the guys defending it at the time you're a fan boy of one of them. Wach was an equally shite fight totally pointless and adds nothing to his legacy. The only time i can live with shite fights is when they're mandatories other than that i have no time for them.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #35
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,557
vCash: 86
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Because if they stayed outside their chances is losing increase dramatically because he's one of the best out fighters in history.

Made, signed, talked about I dont give a shit. It was a shit fight when it was first made and it's still a shit fight now. Like I said if you was one of the guys defending it at the time you're a fan boy of one of them. Wach was an equally shite fight totally pointless and adds nothing to his legacy. The only time i can live with shite fights is when they're mandatories other than that i have no time for them.
And if Wlad fought inside , his chances of winning would decreace dramatically. What sort of a point is that to make?

What you and I thought of the fight is completely irrelevant. The fight was made and his team pulled him out because he was too much of a risk being an inside pressure fighter.. There is no disputing against that.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #36
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
And if Wlad fought inside , his chances of winning would decreace dramatically. What sort of a point is that to make?

What you and I thought of the fight is completely irrelevant. The fight was made and his team pulled him out because he was too much of a risk being an inside pressure fighter.. There is no disputing against that.
the point I made is wlad is a great out fighter. You disputed that and I asked who could outbox him from the outside.

No they pulled him out so they could make the fight with haye. A far more worthy opponent. Chisora isn't very good mate I just dont see what you see I guess.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #37
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,557
vCash: 86
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
the point I made is wlad is a great out fighter. You disputed that and I asked who could outbox him from the outside.

No they pulled him out so they could make the fight with haye. A far more worthy opponent. Chisora isn't very good mate I just dont see what you see I guess.
I didn't dispute he was good on the outside. I said , i dont expect a fighter to fight his fight. Pay attention.

Chisora was signed more than a year before Haye. They pulled him out because Manny didn't want the fight. Are you trying to re-write history?
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #38
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
Just a quick result of how you expect these to end, prime to prime, who wins and how

Holyfield
Buster Douglas
Tyson
*Foreman-Old version

Razor Rudduck
Witherspoon
Holmes
Bone-crusher Smith
Pinklon Thomas
Coetzee
Greg Page
Dokes
Weaver

Ali
Liston
Norton
Lyle
*Foreman-Young version
Jimmy Young

Walcott
Charles
Rex Layne 34-1-1 version

Schmeling
Max Baer

Tunney
Dempsey
Johnson
Jeffires
Sullivan

RING magazine ran an article recently on how they thought Wlad would fare against many of the names you've listed above. They had him losing to most of the names they considered, including Ali, Louis, Frazier, Foreman.

If I can find the mag I'll post up some of what they had to say.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #39
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
Just a quick result of how you expect these to end, prime to prime, who wins and how

Holyfield
Buster Douglas
Tyson
*Foreman-Old version

Razor Rudduck
Witherspoon
Holmes
Bone-crusher Smith
Pinklon Thomas
Coetzee
Greg Page

Dokes
Weaver


Ali
Liston
Norton
Lyle

*Foreman-Young version
Jimmy Young

Walcott
Charles
Rex Layne 34-1-1 version

Schmeling
Max Baer


Tunney
Dempsey
Johnson
Jeffires
Sullivan
red = Wlad
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #40
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
I didn't dispute he was good on the outside. I said , i dont expect a fighter to fight his fight. Pay attention.

Chisora was signed more than a year before Haye. They pulled him out because Manny didn't want the fight. Are you trying to re-write history?
So do you agree with my statement he's one of the finest out fighters in history?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. The fight was shit from day one and it got in the way of negotiations with haye. Infact at the time he was accused of ducking haye on favour of the safer, less experienced and shitter opponent in chisora. History needs not be re-written, what happened, happened.

I was rooting for Chisora at the time but anyone could see it was a woeful mismatch and one I've no idea why you are so in favour of. Especially now!
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #41
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,557
vCash: 86
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

No, i dont agree. His guard can be exploited and countered. It hasn't happened recently because he hasn't fought anybody.

The fight was signed and the stadium in Germany was sold out. You're personal opinion on the matter is meaningless.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #42
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
No, i dont agree. His guard can be exploited and countered. It hasn't happened recently because he hasn't fought anybody.

The fight was signed and the stadium in Germany was sold out. You're personal opinion on the matter is meaningless.
yeah that makes sense.

Yeah of course it is, but on an internet forum debate between two people our opinions are what we debate. But consider yours equally meaningless sunshine
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #43
prime
BOX! Writing Champion
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
RING magazine ran an article recently on how they thought Wlad would fare against many of the names you've listed above. They had him losing to most of the names they considered, including Ali, Louis, Frazier, Foreman.

If I can find the mag I'll post up some of what they had to say.
Then I agree with RING magazine.
prime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #44
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,234
vCash: 427
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Ring Magazine
Louis KO 7
Klitschko decision over Marciano
Klitschko KO 5 Patterson
Liston KO 6 Klitschko
Ali Decision Klitschko
Frazier decision Klitschko
Foreman KO 10 Klitschko
Holmes Decision over Klitschko
Tyson Decision over Klitschko
Lewis KO 10 Klitschko
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #45
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 704
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
Ring Magazine
Louis KO 7
Klitschko decision over Marciano
Klitschko KO 5 Patterson
Liston KO 6 Klitschko
Ali Decision Klitschko
Frazier decision Klitschko
Foreman KO 10 Klitschko
Holmes Decision over Klitschko
Tyson Decision over Klitschko
Lewis KO 10 Klitschko
I don't mind some nuthuggery to the fighters of old but often it gets kinda stupid.
Wlad gets criminally underrated.
Daruf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013