Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #1
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Have we had an official Joe Lauzon Appreciation Thread yet? We need one.

12 postfight bonuses so far, tied with Anderson for most in UFC history.

Has scored a postfight bonus in 8 of his last 9 fights (Pettis being the sole exception.)

This guy might be my favourite active fighter on the roster. Is there anyone else who can be counted on to deliver an awesome fight regardless of opponent the way Lauzon can, anyone who has more heart and instinct to fight back, or anyone who dives so aggressively on any submission opportunities?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Have we had an official Joe Lauzon Appreciation Thread yet? We need one.

Big fan of Lauzon. very skilled and tough fighter. he almost always puts on a good fight win or lose. He has strange instincts unlike other fighters we've seen. That leglock out of nowhere perfect example.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Default Re: Have we had an official Joe Lauzon Appreciation Thread yet? We need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
Big fan of Lauzon. very skilled and tough fighter. he almost always puts on a good fight win or lose. He has strange instincts unlike other fighters we've seen. That leglock out of nowhere perfect example.
Man if he could have finished Miller with that leglock, that was the instant Fight of the Year.

Shame about that massive cut, I would have been interested to see how the fight played out without it. Lauzon is too much of a warrior to go into his shell because of it, but just the sheer amount of blood loss would have weakened him, let alone the loss of vision he would have suffered.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
12 postfight bonuses so far, tied with Anderson for most in UFC history.

Has scored a postfight bonus in 8 of his last 9 fights (Pettis being the sole exception.)

This guy might be my favourite active fighter on the roster. Is there anyone else who can be counted on to deliver an awesome fight regardless of opponent the way Lauzon can, anyone who has more heart and instinct to fight back, or anyone who dives so aggressively on any submission opportunities?

I was with you until last sentence

BTW, is he still considered a prospect? I guy who can get the title if he puts it all together? One of my problems with UFC is that I have the impression that the rules are made to benefit college wrestler types and not more exciting groundfighters such as Lauzon.
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
I was with you until last sentence
Lauzon dives on submissions out of nowhere. And he's always looking for the finish. Who is more dynamic with his submission attempts? Other fighters are at his level, but nobody is more aggressive with them. Maybe Palhares, but he's pretty one-note with them. Everybody knows exactly what is coming. Lauzon has a much more varied submission attack.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Lauzon dives on submissions out of nowhere. And he's always looking for the finish.
I think Joe has been reading your posts and quoting them verbatim in his commentary...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
Beekeeper
ESB Addict

Quote:
Lauzon dives on submissions out of nowhere. And he's always looking for the finish. Who is more dynamic with his submission attempts? Other fighters are at his level, but nobody is more aggressive with them. Maybe Palhares, but he's pretty one-note with them. Everybody knows exactly what is coming. Lauzon has a much more varied submission attack.

Sorry Haggis, Lauzon is agressive but you still dont get it...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
I think Joe has been reading your posts and quoting them verbatim in his commentary...
I assume you're taking the piss out of me here.

"dives on submissions" is a fairly common expression in MMA, I think. And Lauzon often surprises his opponents and the viewer with the way he leaps into his attempts with no warning at all.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #9
Beekeeper
ESB Addict

Admit it Haggis, you are just re-hashing one of my Aoki threads!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #10
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:

Admit it Haggis, you are just re-hashing one of my Aoki threads!!!
No. Except for a couple of highlight reels, I've never seen Aoki fight. I've seen a few of his finishes, but none in the context of a full fight.

Anyway, this thread is about Lauzon, not Aoki or Stoo or me.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
Beekeeper
ESB Addict

Quote:
I've never seen Aoki fight.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #12
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
I know who he is and I've seen several of his finishes in various highlight reels, but I've never watched an event that he's competed in.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
I know who he is and I've seen several of his finishes in various highlight reels, but I've never watched an event that he's competed in.

Oh common man you need to watch at least some of his fights.
If you watched pride you got to have seen at least one of his fights like the one against Joachim Hansen
greathamza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum