Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #46
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Frank Bruno vs the new crop of Heavyweights? How would he fair?

I don't think he beats Haye. Bruno had a very, very good jab but he's not quite as good on his feet as Wladimir. Wladimir's control of distance had Haye in big issues as he wasn't confident enough or able to force a fight against a big opponent that punches. I'm not sure thats a problem he'd encounter so often against Bruno, I think he gets off easier with his right hand counter and has enough to hurt Bruno with. Of course Frank could spark Haye too, just a feeling I have. Haye is a very very smart operator, a lot more so than Frank was and that could be the difference. Fair enough to see this either way though, I thinkr

To think Povetkin beats him is laughable. Povetkin doesn't punch, at all. Not is he particularly fast, and he's too small/nonathletic to outbox Frank who could outjab Lewis early. He's also been hurt by mediocre punchers like Huck and gets hit easy with right hands.

Pulev has a good enough chin and enough awkwardness to give Frank a test mid to late but I'd lean towards Frank to get the stoppage.

Vitali beats him, not sure about current Vitali but most versions of Vitali are all wrong for Frank.

Wlad has to be favored, more athletic and very hard to outbox over 12. Frank has FAR MORE of a punchers chance than anybody else that supposedly has a punchers chance going into a bout with Wlad. Frank has the size and ability to actually box with Wladimir as he did with Lewis, and he has the power to be a factor for however long it lasts but Wlad has to be favoured on overall skillset.
TFFP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #47
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think he'd struggle with this version of Vitali.

Even though he's nothing like the puncher he was in his earlier days, I think his shots that he throws from his shoulder have a bit of meat on them, and he punches with enough volume to keep Frank occupied - allied to his height, reach and awkward, lean back defence.

Bruno vs Wlad.... fun fight I think. In this one it'd be Frank taking the fight to Wlad - and possesses a GENUINE puncher's chance, as opposed to ''well, he might get lucky with a Hail Mary''.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #48
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I don't think he beats Haye. Bruno had a very, very good jab but he's not quite as good on his feet as Wladimir. Wladimir's control of distance had Haye in big issues as he wasn't confident enough or able to force a fight against a big opponent that punches. I'm not sure thats a problem he'd encounter so often against Bruno, I think he gets off easier with his right hand counter and has enough to hurt Bruno with. Of course Frank could spark Haye too, just a feeling I have. Haye is a very very smart operator, a lot more so than Frank was and that could be the difference. Fair enough to see this either way though, I thinkr

To think Povetkin beats him is laughable. Povetkin doesn't punch, at all. Not is he particularly fast, and he's too small/nonathletic to outbox Frank who could outjab Lewis early. He's also been hurt by mediocre punchers like Huck and gets hit easy with right hands.

Pulev has a good enough chin and enough awkwardness to give Frank a test mid to late but I'd lean towards Frank to get the stoppage.

Vitali beats him, not sure about current Vitali but most versions of Vitali are all wrong for Frank.

Wlad has to be favored, more athletic and very hard to outbox over 12. Frank has FAR MORE of a punchers chance than anybody else that supposedly has a punchers chance going into a bout with Wlad. Frank has the size and ability to actually box with Wladimir as he did with Lewis, and he has the power to be a factor for however long it lasts but Wlad has to be favoured on overall skillset.
Haye vs Bruno is a toss up.

Bruno has the size, and ability to box Haye and force him into his ambush type tactics,which would be fun. It was that short step out of range, that Wladimir Kiltschko kept on doing against Haye! that bothered him.

And it was the same thing Audley Harrison did for afew rounds, constantly making David Haye reset.

Bruno showed the slight ability to do this.

Its the most simplistic of skills but requires some athletic ability which allot of fights don't have.

Bruno was able to do it slightly, but don't as astutely as Kiltschko.

If he did not have the ability to keep stepping out of range, he would not of achieve so much.

The Bruno who fought Lewis WAS the best version of Bruno.

After that point he got carried away with body building, and retained too much non-functional muscle. Flexibility decreased, and he just simply took it too far.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #49
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Haye vs Bruno is a toss up.

Bruno has the size, and ability to box Haye and force him into his ambush type tactics,which would be fun. It was that short step out of range, that Wladimir Kiltschko kept on doing against Haye! that bothered him.

And it was the same thing Audley Harrison did for afew rounds, constantly making David Haye reset.

Bruno showed the slight ability to do this.

Its the most simplistic of skills but requires some athletic ability which allot of fights don't have.

Bruno was able to do it slightly, but don't as astutely as Kiltschko.

If he did not have the ability to keep stepping out of range, he would not of achieve so much.

The Bruno who fought Lewis WAS the best version of Bruno.

After that point he got carried away with body building, and retained too much non-functional muscle. Flexibility decreased, and he just simply took it too far.
I agree with this. I think Bruno was at his best against Lewis, too. That version has to rate highly in this current lineup. I can see ways for both Bruno and Haye to win that, convincing arguments for both.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #50
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Really well though he'd have his typical hiccup along the way. Bruno used to actually train and in his early days when he was lighter was a handful.

The Klitchskos and Haye remain the only 3 who are talented, skilled and actually train. Outsid eof that there is a tonne of potential but they are all making up th enumbers - Chisora, Povetkin, Solis etc
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum