Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #31
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611
Default Re: What if Mundine wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Well teke you have bought 20a87 out early when will you bring out the the pioneer?
There is no rush my friend.
teke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #32
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
there is no rush my friend.
I reckon someone else might pop their head up too...
Sox is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #33
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Agree with Earl Hickey the current version of Geale would be no match for a prime Mundine, only now that Mundine has slowed down is Geale the favorite.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #34
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Sox if mundine beats geale, will u concede that u were wrong and mundine is our greatest boxer currently and 1 of our best ever?
Rooboys is online now  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #35
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooboys View Post
Sox if mundine beats geale, will u concede that u were wrong and mundine is our greatest boxer currently and 1 of our best ever?
Of course.
Will you do the same if it goes the other way?
Sox is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #36
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

If Mundine bests Geale again i would rank him as the no3 all time Indigenous Middleweight. He would rank just behind Dave Sands and Ron Richards on the list of great Australian Indigenous Middleweights and ahead of his father and Doug Sam.
Bwgcolman is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 02:20 AM   #37
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwgcolman View Post
If Mundine bests Geale again i would rank him as the no3 all time Indigenous Middleweight. He would rank just behind Dave Sands and Ron Richards on the list of great Australian Indigenous Middleweights and ahead of his father and Doug Sam.
so when geale beats munDOG, geale becomes better than tony and anthony...

I LIKE YOUR THINKING!!!!

Last edited by swingin; 12-31-2012 at 02:52 AM.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 03:00 AM   #38
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
so when geale beats munDOG, geale becomes better than tony and anthony...

I LIKE YOUR THINKING!!!!

That's not what I said at all, I didn't mention where Geale would fit in, I was only speaking about Mundine and where I felt he would stand. In my opinion Geale still hasn't achieved what Mundine has in his carrer in regards to opponents, but in saying that he has is still on the rise.
If you actually comprehended my post and argued the point that I raised I'd have more time for your rambling.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:09 AM   #39
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
That's not what I said at all, I didn't mention where Geale would fit in, I was only speaking about Mundine and where I felt he would stand. In my opinion Geale still hasn't achieved what Mundine has in his carrer in regards to opponents, but in saying that he has is still on the rise.
If you actually comprehended my post and argued the point that I raised I'd have more time for your rambling.
geale has won 2 world titles ****head.

mundog has won none.

his dad the same. none.

going by your logic, geale is already in front.

your call.......
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #40
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

After being ko'd by a 10fight novice wrestler,retirement was called for.so if he can defeat Geale again and claim the world title surely tht would go down as one of sportings great great comebacks,like him or hate him...if he does win,he goes down as an atg in oz boxing no doubt and with a loss id say the show is over...
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 03:39 AM   #41
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
geale has won 2 world titles ****head.

mundog has won none.

his dad the same. none.

going by your logic, geale is already in front.

your call.......
1. I challenge anyone to keep up with all the oragnisations and their world titles, at any time there are half a dozen boxers claiming to be the world champion in their division : deal

2. If you look at their careers from the beginning Mundine has still fought the better opposition in regards to the stage of their careers. Mundine was fighting the top domestic fighter in the country with barely any boxing experience from the start, he fought Ottke in the early stages of his career and didn't put a foot wromg til after the second Soloiman Fight. Geale didn't step up and fight someone like Roman Karmazin until 6 or 7 years as a pro.

3. I think Geale is a better boxer than Mundine and that he will beat Mundine decisively and win the fight, however I still think that Mundine has a more impressive body of work so far regardless of what titles you want to mention. I think a fairer indication today is p4p rankings rather than world titles anyway, as the true value of a world title has been watered down somewhat with all the sanctionong bodies.

I understand that from your posts you have great disdain for Mundine and that's your right, but I feel he has a greater body of work so far than Geale. Don't get me wrong I am a Geale fan and I think that if he keeps winning he will surpass Mundine in the all time stakes, but I just don't think he's their yet.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 AM   #42
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shoota View Post
After being ko'd by a 10fight novice wrestler,retirement was called for.so if he can defeat Geale again and claim the world title surely tht would go down as one of sportings great great comebacks,like him or hate him...if he does win,he goes down as an atg in oz boxing no doubt and with a loss id say the show is over...

the problem with that is geale isnt a 'great' champion yet. to beat him isnt a 'great' achievement. it just means that he beat a good fighter when he was over the hill.

but it wont happen. mundine has NEVER, EVER, SHOWN GREATNESS.

greatness is smkin jow in the ali 1 fight.

greatness is ali in the foreman fight.

mundine was never that.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 04:22 AM   #43
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Mundine Nuthuggers like Pecks and teke will start multiple threads as will teke's alts the pioneer and 20a87. Mundine will make a defence and retire and Geale will reign again.
I will make threads, but they'll have to be posted in the lounge.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #44
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
1. I challenge anyone to keep up with all the oragnisations and their world titles, at any time there are half a dozen boxers claiming to be the world champion in their division : deal

2. If you look at their careers from the beginning Mundine has still fought the better opposition in regards to the stage of their careers. Mundine was fighting the top domestic fighter in the country with barely any boxing experience from the start, he fought Ottke in the early stages of his career and didn't put a foot wromg til after the second Soloiman Fight. Geale didn't step up and fight someone like Roman Karmazin until 6 or 7 years as a pro.

3. I think Geale is a better boxer than Mundine and that he will beat Mundine decisively and win the fight, however I still think that Mundine has a more impressive body of work so far regardless of what titles you want to mention. I think a fairer indication today is p4p rankings rather than world titles anyway, as the true value of a world title has been watered down somewhat with all the sanctionong bodies.

I understand that from your posts you have great disdain for Mundine and that's your right, but I feel he has a greater body of work so far than Geale. Don't get me wrong I am a Geale fan and I think that if he keeps winning he will surpass Mundine in the all time stakes, but I just don't think he's their yet.
youve backed a big mouth that was always a loser. the ONLY victory he had was against a weight drained and fast twitch muscle drained danny green.

other than that mundog is just a dog...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #45
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

You are a bitter and twisted boxing fan. Does the hatred you display for Mundine stem from your own short comings as a fighter? Just wondering?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum