Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #661
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Chris Byrd was a middleweight and Haye barely beat Valuev ... And he still made Wladimir look foolish at times by dodging 4 and 5 punch combos

Wlad himself (or vitali) said that Haye wasnt a real heavyweight ... Hes only interested in making a name for himself and becomming a celebrity ... His conviction and committment to the sport are questionable ...
Haye outlanded Valuev massively.
It wasn't close, Valuev was hitting air all the time.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #662
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Chris Byrd was a middleweight and Haye barely beat Valuev ... And he still made Wladimir look foolish at times by dodging 4 and 5 punch combos

Wlad himself (or vitali) said that Haye wasnt a real heavyweight ... Hes only interested in making a name for himself and becomming a celebrity ... His conviction and committment to the sport are questionable ...
Ezzard Charles, Jersey Joe Walcott, Archie Moore , Don ****ell, Harry Matthew were all middleweights once in their proffessional career.
And he got more mws on his resume.

How can you say Byrd wasn't a great win because he was a mw, yet praise Marciano who has a record full middleweights.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #663
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Do you think Johnson threw the fight or quit? He quit,what we know now is that Willard could stand absolutely tremendous punishment. The fight was set up for no one, both fought in the sun.
I don't know, I wasn't around 100 years ago, but the circumstances look strange. Johnson went down in the 26th round! How can you compare that to modern boxing, would Willard have beaten Johnson over 12 or 15 rounds? Regardless, I think it's safe to say Wladimir is greater than Jess Willard. Wladimir is widely considered one of the top 10 or 15 greatest Heavyweights of all time, Jess Willard is a long way off that

Quote:
David Haye,Come on how am I suppose to take you serious when you mention him. He ran like a kid running from the school bully and then he blames his little pinky toe and presents no proof that it was broken. Should have been a comedian.
Toe jokes, how original. Regardless, outside of the brothers, Haye is the best HW of this era (yes I know it's a terrible era). Haye is a counter puncher who fights off the backfoot, that's his style. Did you expect him to go out guns blazing like a prime Mike Tyson or Joe Frazier? Wlad turned in a very impressive performance and probably won 10 rounds of the 12, he boxed to an excellent gameplan, and proved very hard to hit himself as Haye hardly landed his right hand.

Haye would be a solid contender in any era

Quote:
Byrd is nothing special,He got his ass whooped by the only good fighter he fought in his prime,Ibeabuchi.

Prime Chris Byrd is a solid win for any HW

Quote:

His talent is unquestionable, and he turns up to every fight in fantastic condition. Furthermore, what HW in history could nail Haye with 4 and 5 consecutive clean punches to the head? Haye's not Ali, but he's elusive and very hard to hit

dyna is spot on by the way
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #664
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

This thread has gone from bad to worse.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #665
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Let me give you some example fights of famous KO'ers and how their KO'performance suffered when fighting against heavier opponents:

Vitali Klitschko was outweighed by Lennox Lewis and lost
Vitali Klitschko was outweighed (or nearly outweighed) by Shannon Briggs, Samuel Peter, Timo Hoffmann, Kevin Johnson, Chris Arreola, Ross Puritty, Dereck Chisora and couldn't canvas-KO these opponents
Wladimir Klitschko was outweighed by Ross Puritty and lost
Wladimir Klitschko was outweighed or nearly-outweighed by Sam Peter and Mariusz Wach and couldn't KO them
Mike Tyson was outweighed by Buster Douglas, Lennox Lewis, Kevin McBride, Danny Williams and got KO'ed.
Earnie Shavers KO'ratio against lighter-than-self opponents: 83%, against heavier-or-equal opponents: 66%.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #666
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
How come Willard is classed as C level, What makes Wladimir a higher class? Jack Johnson is a way higher name,Higher then Wladimir himself.

They both beat up bums and they didn't do it with style like Dempsey,Liston or a Tyson.

Willard is just unfortunate a man called Jack Dempsey was around. Sorta like is Wladimir was around in the mid 80s and ran into small heavyweight called Mike Tyson.
This post just entered the top five, I believe.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #667
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

“I think based on this performance here and his own conversations with me in the recent days that he realizes that he is actually too reluctant, too intelligent, too technical—that I think you’re going to see a much more aggressive fighter in Wladimir. If this man actually would just operate with close to 80%—he’s only operating with about 60%—he would be the most devastating heavyweight in the history of boxing because I’ve worked with him. Never, ever, ever have I been involved with a fighter who has so much one punch punching power. Even guys that knock somebody out—they get them hurt, they knock them down, they get them groggy—Wladimir is the only fighter I’ve ever worked with that everything can be normal like a big party—everybody is having champagne, on the floors, in the tuxedos, with the music—and the lights go off completely at one time. I mean it’s not like a gradual dimmer switch. I never saw anyone who knocked out people in a gym when they block punches and he did that about three weeks ago with a sparring partner—two weeks ago, prior to the fight. With a sparring partner he threw a left hook, the sparring partner blocked the punch and with twenty ounce gloves he was still knocked out. He has unbelievable one punch punching power and that’s why maybe he doesn’t put combinations together because he punches so effectively and with so much power with one punch, but his handicap and problem is he feints too much. He wants everything to be perfect—perfect balance, perfect this, and the last round he was a little overly aggressive, got out of position a few times, but to go three minutes with a guy with his power is like a lifetime because even if he just grazes you with a punch, you’re going to be hurt.”
-Emanuel Steward
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #668
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
there is no way that post is legitimate. or maybe i misunderstood...willard ranked equal or higher than wlad? i just don't get that
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #669
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post

Garrus is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #670
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
there is no way that post is legitimate. or maybe i misunderstood...willard ranked equal or higher than wlad? i just don't get that
What's not to get? Willard is six foot six, just like Wlad. He's a white guy. He has two arms and two legs. That should make them practically twins.

If you only apply a little logic to these things it all becomes so simple.

Here's a pic of Dempsey battering Willard, as if that means something.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Look at the big tree fall!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #671
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

As this thread breezes into 2013, now is the time to consider the odds it makes 2014 still on the first page.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #672
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Dangerously close to slipping off the front page.

I am not sure Rocky takes a prime Junior Jones.

Does that help?
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #673
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

If you feel for it, smack yourself on the head(Absolutely).
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 11:39 PM   #674
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
If you feel for it, smack yourself on the head(Absolutely).
Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #675
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

to be honest in today's era of pre fight weigh ins and weight cutting rocky would be 175lb or even 168lb. what you have to also take into account though is if Klitschko was born in Marciano's era and fed on his diet, would he be the size he is? undoubtably no, same goes for if Rocky grew up in this era, no doubt he would be 6'2 to 6'4.

It's like comparing messi to george best, no way was as fast, fit etc. as messi is but then again he didn't have all the nutritional advantages and messi doesn't have to deal with much bigger blokes who can get away with taking your legs out.
iceferg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum