Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #31
MarioBrothers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

pac-marquez 4 was such a good fight so why complain about it? but...tbh I was complaining prior to fight 4 because I thought it would be another 12 round debate of who won. Their 1-3 fights while exciting are riddled with bad decisions and despite being exciting it wasn't FOTY material like other exciting trilogies like gatti-ward, or the rafa-vasquez fights. If they made another rafa-vasquez fight before, people would still see it, I would.
MarioBrothers is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #32
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

For Pacman I don't see why fight a 5th fight. Marquez was not as good a fighter, but JMM slowly started to get closer to winning especially against the older Pacman.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #33
guncho
next champion!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

well it was great fight and pac had moments when i thought he wold destroy marquez so i will watch 5th fight
guncho is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #34
rjamesd1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
Each rematch was only necessary because of the result of the previous fight

First fight - Draw
Second fight - Close decision
Third fight - Controversial decision
Fourth fight - Knock out win

Why is there a need for a 5th? many true boxing fans ultimately accept Juan Manuel Marquez as the better fighter and the fourth fight hit the nail on the head.

Marquez should have had the option to retire or go after Timothy Bradley for the title he should have won back in 2011, a cinco de mayo fight against Robert Guerrero or even a rematch with Floyd Mayweather

I for one am hoping Marquez-Bradley happens and for Pacquiao to fight a nice solid comeback against Mallignaggi (pick up the WBA belt) the winner of Alexander-Brook for the IBF or hell even go for a brawl with Marcos Maidana.
PACQUIAO was banging MARQUEZ face before that punch hit him, how can you say MARQUEZ is better fighter? MARQUEZ was lucky with that punch, otherwise he's on the way of getting busted real bad.
rjamesd1 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #35
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

This rivalry has run its course. The last fight was the perfect way for Marquez to end it.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #36
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjamesd1 View Post
PACQUIAO was banging MARQUEZ face before that punch hit him, how can you say MARQUEZ is better fighter? MARQUEZ was lucky with that punch, otherwise he's on the way of getting busted real bad.
I think you know better than that...
steviebruno is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #37
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 8070

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjamesd1 View Post
The fact he beat Pacquiao on my card 3 times plus 1 KO?

Pacquiao WAS the stronger more athletic fighter but when it comes down to skill Marquez has his number

Keep smoking the tumbleweed bruddah
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #38
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
This rivalry has run its course. The last fight was the perfect way for Marquez to end it.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #39
Blacc Jesus
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

i'd rather not see a 5th fight.
Blacc Jesus is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #40
JohnnyDrama99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Each rematch was only necessary because of the result of the previous fight

First fight - Draw
Second fight - Close decision
Third fight - Controversial decision
Fourth fight - Knock out win

Why is there a need for a 5th? many true boxing fans ultimately accept Juan Manuel Marquez as the better fighter and the fourth fight hit the nail on the head.

Marquez should have had the option to retire or go after Timothy Bradley for the title he should have won back in 2011, a cinco de mayo fight against Robert Guerrero or even a rematch with Floyd Mayweather

I for one am hoping Marquez-Bradley happens and for Pacquiao to fight a nice solid comeback against Mallignaggi (pick up the WBA belt) the winner of Alexander-Brook for the IBF or hell even go for a brawl with Marcos Maidana.
The fifth fight is only on the table based on how the fourth fight went before the abrupt ending. The fact of the matter is Juan was taking a massive beating in the round before he scored the KO and ultimately was getting out boxed for the majority of the fight. A lot of people believe Juan is the better fighter but more believe Manny is the superior boxer. Both have a case but ultimately their fights have proven that they are equal when facing each other. Had Juan been dominating before scoring that knockout a 5th fight wouldn't be an option...no one would want to see it. However, there's a lot of fans who are excited about a 5th fight between these two based on the barn burner the 4th encounter was. The come from behind victory. ...the epic knockout ending. ...it's a recipe for a massive promotion between these two later this year.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #41
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama99 View Post
The fifth fight is only on the table based on how the fourth fight went before the abrupt ending. The fact of the matter is Juan was taking a massive beating in the round before he scored the KO and ultimately was getting out boxed for the majority of the fight. A lot of people believe Juan is the better fighter but more believe Manny is the superior boxer. Both have a case but ultimately their fights have proven that they are equal when facing each other. Had Juan been dominating before scoring that knockout a 5th fight wouldn't be an option...no one would want to see it. However, there's a lot of fans who are excited about a 5th fight between these two based on the barn burner the 4th encounter was. The come from behind victory. ...the epic knockout ending. ...it's a recipe for a massive promotion between these two later this year.
I can understand that point of view, dont personally agree with it but i can understand it. thank you for actually answering my question and not becoming one of the many trolling pactard/flomo dickheads

Hey if they want to get it on again why not fight for a world title, and i mean a real world title! in other words one mega card

Remember the whole Cinco De Mayo showtime-HBO war?

HBO - Chavez V Martinez - Beltran V Martinez
Showtime - Canelo V Lopez - Maidana V Karass

That was by far possibly the greatest night of boxing of the year!

HBO - Mayweather V Guerrero - Broner V Rees - Alvarez v Trout
Showtime - Marquez V Bradley - Pacquiao V Rios - Chavez V Macklin

Have it in Vegas again, Arum has the excuse to shit all over Mayweathers parade, ITS PERFECT
Old 01-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #42
H .
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 218

it's one of the biggest money fights out there now. people know Pacquiao and Marquez, and will pay to see them fight again, especially after the crazy knockout last time.
H . is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #43
macalpinerules
Contender
ESB Senior Member

These fights are fun, that's why.
macalpinerules is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #44
JohnnyDrama99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I can understand that point of view, dont personally agree with it but i can understand it. thank you for actually answering my question and not becoming one of the many trolling pactard/flomo dickheads

Hey if they want to get it on again why not fight for a world title, and i mean a real world title! in other words one mega card

Remember the whole Cinco De Mayo showtime-HBO war?

HBO - Chavez V Martinez - Beltran V Martinez
Showtime - Canelo V Lopez - Maidana V Karass

That was by far possibly the greatest night of boxing of the year!

HBO - Mayweather V Guerrero - Broner V Rees - Alvarez v Trout
Showtime - Marquez V Bradley - Pacquiao V Rios - Chavez V Macklin

Have it in Vegas again, Arum has the excuse to shit all over Mayweathers parade, ITS PERFECT
You might have found your true calling in life. You think like a promoter that us boxing fans dream of. I couldn't agree more with your idea.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #45
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

I would not want this fight myself. But I think the success of the 4th fight made this fight one of the, if not the most financially viable fights out there today.

Pac can still do achieve a lot of things without having to fight Marquez.

I would have preferred Pac to go after Floyd at this point, accept a 60-40 split and all of Floyd's concessions. If he beats Floyd, he ranks even higher than where he was prior to the KO loss.

Or fight Bradley and avenge his other recent loss.
PATSYS is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum