Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #16
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248
Default Re: Am I the only one who thinks Guerrero has a good chance?

Guerrero has no chance. None.
If he tries the shit he pulled against Berto in close, Floyd will elbow the shit out of him all night long.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
Kevin Jesus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Floyd is just too good, he feels nobody can beat him. He's not even overconfident, it's just in his nature. He knows his talent level is above everyone else's and he just knows exactly what to do to win. You won't give Floyd an L that easily. The only way Floyd loses is if after 2013 he retires, then comes back 2 years later at 38 years old and fights some young top 3 fighter from 140-154, then I can see him lose. But even this 35 year old, soon to be 36, past prime Floyd is still too good for the best fighters from 140-154. Guys like Martinez, Lara and Canelo would give Floyd all he can handle but I think he comes out with the victory.
Kevin Jesus is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #18
Kevin Jesus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

The truth is Guerrero vs any other fighter from 140-147, right now at WW would either be favored over them, or the fight would be seen as 50-50. But nobody would really be favored over Guerrero aside from the Big 3 at WW Mayweather, Marquez, Pacquiao. I think that says all there has to be said about Guerrero.
Kevin Jesus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #19
mexicanslugger

vCash: 75

no. guerrero by desicion.
mexicanslugger is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #20
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBottle View Post
He only has a chance if he finds success in holding and hitting, but in Floyd's matches the referee tends to call break quickly. Plus Guerrero doesn't really punch hard as a WW.

I thought the same until I watched him stun Berto several times, who Ortiz only stunned once or twice, but put a beating on him...

Guerrero actually stunned Berto a couple times which was pretty shocking because I thought the same as you..

I said there is no way, he can hurt Berto, judging from his Aydin fight he showed that he can box on the back foot with a lot of volume not much pop, but he also showed with berto that if he sits on his punches, he definitely has great power...

I think he can hurt may with a left straight when May is on the ropes with his shoulder roll.

Guerrero's Work rate, south paw stance, and size gives him a pretty good chance for the Upset, specially considering, may will be inactive for another year, and last time out he was very stationary even with Ortiz and relies to much on his inside defense, but he can't do that with a south paw specially with one with great reach and size like GUerrero he will get caught, but IDK if Guerrero will win, I do think he has a shot.. this Mayweather is to stationary IMO with a high volume southpaw.... Guerrero's doesn't have a questionable heart like Ortiz and will leave it all in the ring, he will make mayweathe Fight IMO!
Doc is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #21
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
Yes he is 35 but we have seen Martinez and JMM perform well and they are older than Floyd....hell even Shane Moseley put a beating on Margarito when he was 36 and we don't need to even mention Bhop.
What we do know about Floyd is he is very serious about staying sharp and fit and at the very least he is equal if not greater than every one of those boxers I have already mentioned. So age wont be a problem - trust me.

I'm not sure how you struggle against someone in a weight class which you are clearly not at your best and they are the champion at and you win 9 - 3 or worse case 8 - 4. What Cotto did with Clottey was a struggle.

He only did 30 days or whatever inside the bing he will live.

Guerrero is a good contender however Mayweather is a great fighter full stop.

If it is perfect timing for Guerrero to beat Mayweather when he gets beat down remember to give Mayweather plenty of props!
Shane was actually 37 when he killed margarito
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1115

yeah, i give him a good chance. floyd cant control the distance for 12 rds anymore so he is forced to punch more in order to create seperation, this creates many more oportunities for a presure fighter who wants to make it a rough fight. if guerrero can use his youth to keep up with floyd with volume of punches, he can keep it close on the cards.
bandeedo is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #23
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianian58 View Post
-Floyd Mayweather is 35 years old.

-Though beating Cotto convincingly, he did strugle against him.

-He is also out from prison.

-Guerrero is a decent contender, and sometimes a decent contender is all that it takes for the probability of beating a faded star.

-He is also a young and hungry fighter.

I'm not saying Guerrero will 100 percent beat Floyd, I'm saying the time is almost perfect for Guerrero to beat him. And plus, mostly for the joke, Guerrero is easily broke through Andre Berto's flawless Shoulder Roll Defence.
you have too much time on your hands

and for the last time...he spent 60 days in county lock up, not ****ING PRISON
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post

and for the last time...he spent 60 days in county lock up, not ****ING PRISON
i cant believe that still keeps popping up. anyone with a little heart could do 60 days standing on their head and you arent going to lose much conditioning in 60 days unless youre bedridden and eating nothing but shit.
bandeedo is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #25
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Anyone has a chance but he is not a top fighter which you would expect Floyd to want to fight.
Again. Who would you suggest Floyd fight if not Ghost? You say the same shit but cannot support your claims.

The only alternative to Ghost is Canelo. If Floyd is fighting twice this year, as he says, then fighting Ghost/Canelo in that order makes sense.

There are zero other legitimate fighters left for him to fight.

Your boy Manny fell asleep on the job and ruined that fight...as if Arum would've ever let Manny take that beating
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #26
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
Coming from you that's funny. You literally raid Floyd threads on this forum and just post negativity.

Quote:
he spent 60 days in county lock up, not ****ING PRISON
It doesn't really matter if he was in jail or prison as he was in isolated containment. He never came into contact with other inmates. Ever. So jail/prison is irrelevent.

But I agree, can we stop calling it prison? It was ****ing jail. There's a fairly big difference.

Nonviolent offenders (dui, fraud, tax evasion, etc.) = jail
Violent offenders (rape, murder, assault, etc... and drug offenders ) = prison
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #27
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
Coming from you that's funny. You literally raid Floyd threads on this forum and just post negativity.

It doesn't really matter if he was in jail or prison as he was in isolated containment. He never came into contact with other inmates. Ever. So jail/prison is irrelevent.

But I agree, can we stop calling it prison? It was ****ing jail. There's a fairly big difference.

Nonviolent offenders (dui, fraud, tax evasion, etc.) = jail
Violent offenders (rape, murder, assault, etc... and drug offenders ) = prison
wtf ever. its a shit fight. no matter how you homo's want to slice it
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #28
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 8472

I think Guerrero has a good chance. He showed an amazing chin against Berto. Floyd can't stay on top forever. If you keep on fighting beyond your prime years, you will eventually lose. Floyd didn't let Cotto hit him to please the fans. It's because his legs and reflexes have really slowed and he is primarily a flat footed fighter.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #29
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

Hell.no.
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #30
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandeedo View Post
i cant believe that still keeps popping up. anyone with a little heart could do 60 days standing on their head and you arent going to lose much conditioning in 60 days unless youre bedridden and eating nothing but shit.
Well, Floyd did lose 15 pounds of muscle doing 1000 pushups a day. Food must have really been bad cuz he only had enough calorie intake to do 1000 pushups a day and not 10,000 I guess?
Hermit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum