Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #46
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000
Default Re: Am I the only one who thinks Guerrero has a good chance?

Guerrero has ridiculous hunger/drive and p4p one of the best chins in boxing. I cant see him winning but he'll def be more competitive than Cotto
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #47
RingKing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thRound View Post
He went life and death with Berto he has no chance against mayweather this fight should not be happening
What freaking fight were you watching?

Guerrero beat the shit out of Berto. Let me say that again. HE BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF BERTO. He walked through everything Berto had to offer and delivered a beatdown.

You must be new to boxing.
RingKing is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #48
Pound4PoundG
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

It seems as though Andre Berto has become the gatekeeper to fighting FMJ. Berto is good but he was never great and after the wooping that Ortiz loss he was never going to be the same. How on earth you blind people can say the Guerrero has a chance against Mayweather is beyond me. He struggled against Selcuk Aydin and beat up a already fragile Berto and before that he was at leightweight and below and how hes got a change against the best fighter in the world. Wake up poeple FMJ knows hes got an easy nights work here!
Pound4PoundG is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #49
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingKing View Post
What freaking fight were you watching?

Guerrero beat the shit out of Berto. Let me say that again. HE BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF BERTO. He walked through everything Berto had to offer and delivered a beatdown.

You must be new to boxing.
Come on man it was hardly a one sided beatdown, Guerrero showed amazing beard in that fight, got tagged plenty of times and there were a lot of close rounds
Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #50
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewishamboy View Post
Guerrero has ridiculous hunger/drive and p4p one of the best chins in boxing. I cant see him winning but he'll def be more competitive than Cotto
You think? Don't see it myself if I'm honest.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #51
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
You think? Don't see it myself if I'm honest.
Even though he did better than I expected, I still only gave Cotto 2 rounds, didnt feel like he left everything in the ring. Fought a pretty negative fight, definitely looked like he was just trying to survive in the championship rounds.

Guerrero is a lot fresher and hungrier, looks surprisingly strong at the weight, very mentally tough. I think we're gonna see a man possessed come fight night and a more competitive fight than most expect. 8-4 to Floyd or thereabouts
Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #52
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Even though he did better than I expected, I still only gave Cotto 2 rounds, didnt feel like he left everything in the ring. Fought a pretty negative fight, definitely looked like he was just trying to survive in the championship rounds.

Guerrero is a lot fresher and hungrier, looks surprisingly strong at the weight, very mentally tough. I think we're gonna see a man possessed come fight night and a more competitive fight than most expect. 8-4 to Floyd or thereabouts
Here's my scorecard.

Mayweather - Cotto.

10-9
10-9
9-10
10-9

10-9
9-10
10-10
9-10
10-9
10-9
10-9
10-9

Mayweather 117-112 Cotto.

Can't see Guerrero being as competitive to be honest. Although Mayweather pulled off a clear decision over Cotto, the majority of rounds were close.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #53
lightsoutoli
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXING DON View Post
I don't see Floyd blowing out ANYBODY the rest of his career unless he fights some old washed- up guy. He didn't only struggle v. Cotto, Ortiz gave him some anxious moments along the ropes and got FM a bit frustrated. The Ghost will be one of the most DETERMINED and PERSISTENT guys Floyd has faced in years. Him knocking out Guerrerro is TOTALLY out of the question, so he'd best be expecting a long grueling hookup and we know Floyd likes to control the pace. I don't think RG will be in ANY way be intimidated by Floyd and he'll be SURE to let him know at EVERY opportunity. These pressors will be interesting and I don't see Floyd doing his throat-grabbing shit on RG. If the undercard is decent, I might pay for this and this fight will determine if Floyd should fk with the Redhead, especially after he knocks off Trout.
Berto couldn't knock out Ortiz and you see what Ortiz did. Watch Robert is going to get taken to school
lightsoutoli is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #54
RingKing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Come on man it was hardly a one sided beatdown, Guerrero showed amazing beard in that fight, got tagged plenty of times and there were a lot of close rounds
It was not a one sided beatdown, but Guerrero clearly won that fight. It was not a life and death struggle as mentioned by that other poster.

I don't know how you scored it, but I don't agree that there were a lot of close rounds.
RingKing is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #55
RingKing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsoutoli View Post
Berto couldn't knock out Ortiz and you see what Ortiz did. Watch Robert is going to get taken to school
Ortiz was doing decent against FMJ in some areas. He even caught FMJ a few times, and even though FMJ shook it off, I bet he caught FMJ's attention. Thing is, he is a mental midget like Zab Judah. It seems like he got frustrated that he could not land flush on FMJ, and that is where he and his team made a mistake. Instead of working on hitting the least elusive parts of FMJ's body, they seemed to be intent on catching him square on the jaw. I don't remember his corner ever telling him to hit whatever he could (arms, body, chest) and make FMJ work.

Guerrero, on the other hand, was hitting Berto everywhere he could. He was being held, but with his free hand he was working Berto's body and head. Basically, he took what Berto gave him and was working constantly. He made it a rough and tumble affair and that is exactly what he will need to do against FMJ.
RingKing is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #56
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
I think Robert is a really good fighter, and would be a problem for anyone. He's hungry, mentally tough, great chin, versatile, good stamina, and will work. Nobody, to include Floyd, just walks through him.
This.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #57
ReadyOrNot

The ghosts only chance is to hope that Floyd gets old. He won't be able to brawl Floyd and connect like he has been doing his last two fights.
ReadyOrNot is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #58
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

It staggers me the amount of people on a boxing forum who DKSAB!!

Guerrero is 29 so he is at his peak. He’s a southpaw with a great chin, he throws lots of punches and has a great heart and engine. The only thing that goes against him is his lack of pop. Its respectable, but there is no chance of him stopping Floyd but he could outwork him to get a decision.

People seem to forget that Floyd is 35, he’s been inactive for years. Mayweather is unquestionably one of (if not the most) dedicated boxer in terms of health and fitness of his generation. Unfortunately for him you cant beat father time, and he’s at the stage of his career where young fighters will be fitter than him, & perhaps even more hungry than him.

This is a dangerous fight for Floyd, and although I see Mayweather winning by UD, I expect Guerrero to push him all the way.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #59
simon850
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
How can you beat somebody convincingly and strugle with them?
Exactly what I was thinking
simon850 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #60
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingKing View Post
Ortiz was doing decent against FMJ in some areas. He even caught FMJ a few times, and even though FMJ shook it off, I bet he caught FMJ's attention. Thing is, he is a mental midget like Zab Judah. It seems like he got frustrated that he could not land flush on FMJ, and that is where he and his team made a mistake. Instead of working on hitting the least elusive parts of FMJ's body, they seemed to be intent on catching him square on the jaw. I don't remember his corner ever telling him to hit whatever he could (arms, body, chest) and make FMJ work.

Guerrero, on the other hand, was hitting Berto everywhere he could. He was being held, but with his free hand he was working Berto's body and head. Basically, he took what Berto gave him and was working constantly. He made it a rough and tumble affair and that is exactly what he will need to do against FMJ.
That's exactly were he went wrong. Ortiz was doing this, Mayweather uses them as trigger points though, it's one of the reasons he does the pads with Roger the way he does, it's the way he has been taught to defend. Defense first, and if the opportunity presents itself, use the oppositions punches as a trigger to get your own shots off. Ortiz punched Mayweathers arm, Mayweather came back with a clean straight right, repeat. Mayweather didn't even have to find distance, Ortiz was doing it for him.
AnthonyW is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum