Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #46
papadoc28
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

5th fight?

I pray JMM takes the high road and realizes he has nothing more to prove against Pac. Move on to other fights or retire. Pac needs to do the same.
papadoc28 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #47
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadoc28 View Post
5th fight?

I pray JMM takes the high road and realizes he has nothing more to prove against Pac. Move on to other fights or retire. Pac needs to do the same.
Why would you pray for that? This is the fight that'll bring JMM the biggest purse, by far. And it's guaranteed to get big exposure and bring new fans to the sport, the opposite of Pac Bradley for example.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #48
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
The fact he beat Pacquiao on my card 3 times plus 1 KO?

Pacquiao WAS the stronger more athletic fighter but when it comes down to skill Marquez has his number

Keep smoking the tumbleweed bruddah
troll troll troll.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #49
Anglosaxon
FASTEST HANDS ON ESB
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

I think Marquez needs this fight even more than Pac.

Pac did beat him 3 times, one draw was a screw up with the judges cards as was proven. The 3rd fight was the closest because Pac fought differently and did to Marquez was marquez does to others, except he also landed more and was more productive.

The fourth fight was very strange, Pac controlling it, the flash knock down, and then out of nowhere, where Pac busted his nose and looked to finally be doing what everyone expected him to do, Marquez threw a hail mary that Pac walked on to.

In Marquez's head, he knows it was one of those moments in boxing, like Eubank Watson, where 1 punch literally changed the outcome 180 degrees. I think Marquez wants to win by Ko, but not be outboxed in doing so, he knows now that with his new ''nutrition'' he has power and Pac has declined, if he can put together a Pac/Marquez fight 3 performance, Pac declines further, and get the KO, then he will be able to walk away with the knowledge he finally did it the way he dreamed.

Of course he will be delighted to have the KO win, but he still knows in all 4 fights, he has been outboxed, his style means he won't deteriorate like Pac's style will, so this really is the best chance he has of giving himself what he has longed for, or he will forever hold that knowledge that he couldn't out box Pac.

I believe a rematch will go to a Pac TKO, I do believe Pac will be ruthless, but not reckless as now he has to respect Marquez's artificial power.
Anglosaxon is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #50
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Anyone who doesnt buy this fight is not a boxing fan
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #51
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

All these fags who say this fight shouldn't happen will be the first one to order it no joke. There's one and only one reason why they act like they don't need this fight, they're afraid the table can turn and Pac could dominate or KO Marquez due to what they saw before the KO.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #52
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Because it's the only fight that matter out there. The only fight with the potential to generate a lot of money especially after that K.O victory. Only Floyd and Pac have the fan base and the notoriety to make big money fights and now Marquez is probably going to double his revenue. To be honest, no one wants to see Marquez fight Bradley or Rios and Manny won't fight any other fighter.
People wants a fifth fight or a Mayweather fight, the latter being very unlikely, so yeah a fifth is an absolute necessity at this point for both fighters.
jyuza is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #53
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412

It really can go up to endless times. Is like a saw verses a hammer.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #54
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

Quote:
Each rematch was only necessary because of the result of the previous fight

First fight - Draw
Second fight - Close decision
Third fight - Controversial decision
Fourth fight - Knock out win

Why is there a need for a 5th? many true boxing fans ultimately accept Juan Manuel Marquez as the better fighter and the fourth fight hit the nail on the head.

Marquez should have had the option to retire or go after Timothy Bradley for the title he should have won back in 2011, a cinco de mayo fight against Robert Guerrero or even a rematch with Floyd Mayweather

I for one am hoping Marquez-Bradley happens and for Pacquiao to fight a nice solid comeback against Mallignaggi (pick up the WBA belt) the winner of Alexander-Brook for the IBF or hell even go for a brawl with Marcos Maidana.
JMM or "El PAPA de Pacquiao" should retire or have a rematch with Floyd , thats all !

If he loses to Floyd , its nothing bad or shameful and besides he will still have a good payday !
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #55
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing another fight between them, if no other reason than the vein hope Pactards will STFU whining for once and for all. What these idiots don't understand ( because they are not fight fans but merely Pactards ) is that the punch that ****ed him was NOT lucky, JMM walked him onto plenty of those right hands throughout the fight, because his body punching was making the little runt drop his arms.

Its as simple as that. KO 6. Get over it.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #56
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Each rematch was only necessary because of the result of the previous fight

First fight - Draw
Second fight - Close decision
Third fight - Controversial decision
Fourth fight - Knock out win

Why is there a need for a 5th? many true boxing fans ultimately accept Juan Manuel Marquez as the better fighter and the fourth fight hit the nail on the head.

Marquez should have had the option to retire or go after Timothy Bradley for the title he should have won back in 2011, a cinco de mayo fight against Robert Guerrero or even a rematch with Floyd Mayweather

I for one am hoping Marquez-Bradley happens and for Pacquiao to fight a nice solid comeback against Mallignaggi (pick up the WBA belt) the winner of Alexander-Brook for the IBF or hell even go for a brawl with Marcos Maidana.
- Of course Marquez has the option to retire. Are you mad? This isn't the 19th century. Nothing and nobody can stop him retiring if he wants to retire. What are you talking about?

- You're dreaming if you think Marquez wants to make $3-5m tops against a guy Pacquiao beat easily (Bradley) or a guy who will never ever be close to Pacquiao's level (Guerrero), when he could now probably make $15m or something in that region from facing Pacquiao again

- Pacquiao now leads the series 2 wins - 1 loss - 1 draw. The fights are thrilling, the fans love them, they make big money... what is the problem here? I don't see any.

- This option is also available to Marquez, but if he doesn't want it and wants to face Pacquiao again then don't cry, the man will make his choice

- I'm hoping Pacquiao faces either Bradley or Alexander-Brook winner, then rematches Marquez for a final time. Personally, I doubt Marquez will fight anyone in the meantime, I believe he will wait for one career-ender vs Pac
Manila is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #57
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

The first 3 were mega competitive as was the 4th before the ko punch.

Great clash of styles with no obvious opponent bar each other.

I think nigh on everyone would like to see this fight again.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #58
ReadyOrNot

Manny deserves a 5th fight, and Marquez deserves the big pay day.
ReadyOrNot is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #59
ovechkin8crosby
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ovechkin8crosby is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #60
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjamesd1 View Post
PACQUIAO was banging MARQUEZ face before that punch hit him, how can you say MARQUEZ is better fighter? MARQUEZ was lucky with that punch, otherwise he's on the way of getting busted real bad.
Really...was JMM lucky when he dropped him in the 3rd?
Reppin501 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum