Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #46
papadoc28
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

5th fight?

I pray JMM takes the high road and realizes he has nothing more to prove against Pac. Move on to other fights or retire. Pac needs to do the same.
papadoc28 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #47
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,068
vCash: 500
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadoc28 View Post
5th fight?

I pray JMM takes the high road and realizes he has nothing more to prove against Pac. Move on to other fights or retire. Pac needs to do the same.
Why would you pray for that? This is the fight that'll bring JMM the biggest purse, by far. And it's guaranteed to get big exposure and bring new fans to the sport, the opposite of Pac Bradley for example.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #48
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,800
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
The fact he beat Pacquiao on my card 3 times plus 1 KO?

Pacquiao WAS the stronger more athletic fighter but when it comes down to skill Marquez has his number

Keep smoking the tumbleweed bruddah
troll troll troll.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #49
Anglosaxon
FASTEST HANDS ON ESB
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ENGLAND baby
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 634
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

I think Marquez needs this fight even more than Pac.

Pac did beat him 3 times, one draw was a screw up with the judges cards as was proven. The 3rd fight was the closest because Pac fought differently and did to Marquez was marquez does to others, except he also landed more and was more productive.

The fourth fight was very strange, Pac controlling it, the flash knock down, and then out of nowhere, where Pac busted his nose and looked to finally be doing what everyone expected him to do, Marquez threw a hail mary that Pac walked on to.

In Marquez's head, he knows it was one of those moments in boxing, like Eubank Watson, where 1 punch literally changed the outcome 180 degrees. I think Marquez wants to win by Ko, but not be outboxed in doing so, he knows now that with his new ''nutrition'' he has power and Pac has declined, if he can put together a Pac/Marquez fight 3 performance, Pac declines further, and get the KO, then he will be able to walk away with the knowledge he finally did it the way he dreamed.

Of course he will be delighted to have the KO win, but he still knows in all 4 fights, he has been outboxed, his style means he won't deteriorate like Pac's style will, so this really is the best chance he has of giving himself what he has longed for, or he will forever hold that knowledge that he couldn't out box Pac.

I believe a rematch will go to a Pac TKO, I do believe Pac will be ruthless, but not reckless as now he has to respect Marquez's artificial power.
Anglosaxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #50
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,757
vCash: 928
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Anyone who doesnt buy this fight is not a boxing fan
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #51
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

All these fags who say this fight shouldn't happen will be the first one to order it no joke. There's one and only one reason why they act like they don't need this fight, they're afraid the table can turn and Pac could dominate or KO Marquez due to what they saw before the KO.
prelude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #52
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Because it's the only fight that matter out there. The only fight with the potential to generate a lot of money especially after that K.O victory. Only Floyd and Pac have the fan base and the notoriety to make big money fights and now Marquez is probably going to double his revenue. To be honest, no one wants to see Marquez fight Bradley or Rios and Manny won't fight any other fighter.
People wants a fifth fight or a Mayweather fight, the latter being very unlikely, so yeah a fifth is an absolute necessity at this point for both fighters.
jyuza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #53
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,966
vCash: 115412
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

It really can go up to endless times. Is like a saw verses a hammer.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #54
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near to the Caucasus Mountains
Posts: 4,614
vCash: 500
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
Each rematch was only necessary because of the result of the previous fight

First fight - Draw
Second fight - Close decision
Third fight - Controversial decision
Fourth fight - Knock out win

Why is there a need for a 5th? many true boxing fans ultimately accept Juan Manuel Marquez as the better fighter and the fourth fight hit the nail on the head.

Marquez should have had the option to retire or go after Timothy Bradley for the title he should have won back in 2011, a cinco de mayo fight against Robert Guerrero or even a rematch with Floyd Mayweather

I for one am hoping Marquez-Bradley happens and for Pacquiao to fight a nice solid comeback against Mallignaggi (pick up the WBA belt) the winner of Alexander-Brook for the IBF or hell even go for a brawl with Marcos Maidana.
JMM or "El PAPA de Pacquiao" should retire or have a rematch with Floyd , thats all !

If he loses to Floyd , its nothing bad or shameful and besides he will still have a good payday !
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #55
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 500
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing another fight between them, if no other reason than the vein hope Pactards will STFU whining for once and for all. What these idiots don't understand ( because they are not fight fans but merely Pactards ) is that the punch that ****ed him was NOT lucky, JMM walked him onto plenty of those right hands throughout the fight, because his body punching was making the little runt drop his arms.

Its as simple as that. KO 6. Get over it.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #56
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
Each rematch was only necessary because of the result of the previous fight

First fight - Draw
Second fight - Close decision
Third fight - Controversial decision
Fourth fight - Knock out win


Why is there a need for a 5th? many true boxing fans ultimately accept Juan Manuel Marquez as the better fighter and the fourth fight hit the nail on the head.

Marquez should have had the option to retire or go after Timothy Bradley for the title he should have won back in 2011, a cinco de mayo fight against Robert Guerrero or even a rematch with Floyd Mayweather

I for one am hoping Marquez-Bradley happens and for Pacquiao to fight a nice solid comeback against Mallignaggi (pick up the WBA belt) the winner of Alexander-Brook for the IBF or hell even go for a brawl with Marcos Maidana.
- Of course Marquez has the option to retire. Are you mad? This isn't the 19th century. Nothing and nobody can stop him retiring if he wants to retire. What are you talking about?

- You're dreaming if you think Marquez wants to make $3-5m tops against a guy Pacquiao beat easily (Bradley) or a guy who will never ever be close to Pacquiao's level (Guerrero), when he could now probably make $15m or something in that region from facing Pacquiao again


- Pacquiao now leads the series 2 wins - 1 loss - 1 draw. The fights are thrilling, the fans love them, they make big money... what is the problem here? I don't see any.

- This option is also available to Marquez, but if he doesn't want it and wants to face Pacquiao again then don't cry, the man will make his choice

- I'm hoping Pacquiao faces either Bradley or Alexander-Brook winner, then rematches Marquez for a final time. Personally, I doubt Marquez will fight anyone in the meantime, I believe he will wait for one career-ender vs Pac
Manila is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #57
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,856
vCash: 330
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

The first 3 were mega competitive as was the 4th before the ko punch.

Great clash of styles with no obvious opponent bar each other.

I think nigh on everyone would like to see this fight again.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #58
ReadyOrNot
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Manny deserves a 5th fight, and Marquez deserves the big pay day.
ReadyOrNot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #59
ovechkin8crosby
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ovechkin8crosby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #60
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 9,212
vCash: 75
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjamesd1 View Post
PACQUIAO was banging MARQUEZ face before that punch hit him, how can you say MARQUEZ is better fighter? MARQUEZ was lucky with that punch, otherwise he's on the way of getting busted real bad.
Really...was JMM lucky when he dropped him in the 3rd?
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013