No 84 70.59%
Maybe (Explain) 3 2.52%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #76
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527
Default Re: Could Wladimir Klitschko Do This To Tyson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Prior to Buster Douglas Mike Tyson was outweighted only 12 times in his 37 fights.
Larry Holmes was lighter than Tyson in his prime so that brings it down to 11.
Reggie Gross was an ex lightheavy and probably above his optimum fighting weight.
Mike Jameson was 210 against Cobb around the middle of his career, again Tyson his best fighting weight was probably above that of Jameson.
That brings 12 down to 8. (Tyson was always in superb phyisical condition prior to Buster so I don't have to take into account his bodyfat)

Frank Bruno was probably the best big heavy Tyson fought, and was in no ways superior to Wlad.
If Bruno could go 5 rounds, Wlad can go much longer.
Bruno also made Tyson wobble, Wlad is a harder hitter than Bruno
^^^ It's the man from The Objective Heavyweight Blog Again.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #77
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezel8764 View Post
^^^ It's the man from The Objective Heavyweight Blog Again.
I'm too lazy for blogs.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #78
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Tyson has fought and beaten more world champs in they're prime than Wlad has.

Who was past it, Larry Holmes? The same Holmes who defeated unbeaten Mercer 4 years after his loss to Tyson and the same Mercer Wlad fought 10 years later.
Is it the Holmes who took prime Holyfield the distance, a prime Holyfield who would of taken Wlad out in the mid rounds.
The Holmes who lost to Macall by a point in 96 after he had just knocked out Lennox Lewis.

How is a past it fighter able to do those things?

Who has Wlad beaten thats better than Larry Holmes, Spinks, Ruddock Smith, Bruno, Golota? Make me laugh.
like you just did with that post..holmes hadnt fought in two years and came out of retirement..his ability to go on and do what he did after just proves my point on how the 80s and early 90s hw scence was..spinks hahahahah..bruno smith golota.ffs its as if you have no shame man..tysons best wins came against past it fighters and he was beaten by every prime good fighter he fought..its a fact so please deal with it
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #79
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Not sure how you can say he was 'well matched'. He fought absolutely everybody who was ranked. Who was he 'well matched' against?

Who did he avoid?

Who did he cherrypick?

Frank Bruno was not past it. Michael Spinks was not past it. Neither was Tony Rucker, or James Smith, or Razor Ruddock

Larry Holmes was. But then Tyson made very short work of him so no complaints there

So tell me, how was he well matched
look at tysons fights up untill he actually won the title..all ****ing terrible thats where im getting the well matched from..

smith? already lost to the likes of witherspoon,tubs and marv frasier.
bruno?hahahahahahahahahahahaha **** me just no way..
spinks?ok in my eyes he was past it.but ive never really rated spinks
razor was a ****ing hype job..and dont even start me on tubbs..

not only do i think tyson was matched well.i think the 80s and early90s hw scence was very very weak talent wise..

my opinion tho..hence why i think hes one of the most over rated champions of all time...

dont get me wrong tho.still think he was a great boxer but very beatable.i just hate the dick sucking of some unicorn that he is suppsed to be...
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #80
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa huge bitch View Post
like you just did with that post..holmes hadnt fought in two years and came out of retirement..his ability to go on and do what he did after just proves my point on how the 80s and early 90s hw scence was..spinks hahahahah..bruno smith golota.ffs its as if you have no shame man..tysons best wins came against past it fighters and he was beaten by every prime good fighter he fought..its a fact so please deal with it
Who on Wlads record is better than the fighters i listed?
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #81
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
not only do i think tyson was matched well.i think the 80s and early90s hw scence was very very weak talent wise..
Its a ****ing shark pool compared to the post-Lewis era & had far more talented competition than exists today.

How many major HW fights from the 80's & early 90's have you actually watched? Stop relying on boxrec for all your information.

Tyson cleared out an entire division, single handed & in his early 20's. At his peak he was the p4p #1 in the world.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #82
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

To answer the thread title NO Vlad couldn't do that to Tyson. Simply because Holy was in Tyson's face all fight long, and Klitch couldn't risk getting that close to Tyson with that chin. To box even that version of Tyson from range allows him to slip the jab and get inside to do his own thing, then all Vlad could hope for is to clinch and force a break in the action.

And I am NOT a Tyson fan by any means.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #83
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Its a ****ing shark pool compared to the post-Lewis era & had far more talented competition than exists today.

How many major HW fights from the 80's & early 90's have you actually watched? Stop relying on boxrec for all your information.

Tyson cleared out an entire division, single handed & in his early 20's. At his peak he was the p4p #1 in the world.
Manuel Charr vs Dereck Chisora will be the Ike Ibeabuchi vs David Tua of 2013.
Mark my words.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 AM   #84
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post

a shark pool dear god..i dont know why i bother trying to talk to anyone here about boxing...if you think the 80s and early 90s where shark pools then you havnt got an ounce..and i mean it a ****ing ounce

tyson is a legend.no question.

all im saying is he is no mythical creature who can walk trhough everyone..his prime is a myth..

so ill repeat

mike tyson very very good boxer.but very very beatable..
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #85
MMJoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponysmallhorse View Post
Who did tyson ever Kod after round 6? He is not pressure fighter like Fraizer. Tyson has endless stamina? His punch output falls after 5-6 rounds because of his intense style. Wlad will lean on him also. Two other guys who was similar in height to wlad were Golota(not at his best) and lewis(he lost). I know he wasn't at his best in neither of this fights but common. Who did tyson dispatched in his prime with similar style to Wlad? Bruno. But bruno was shorter, had problem with his chin(unlike wlad who maybe clumsy, even though in last fight it wasnt the case, when hit, Bruno, on other hand, freezes completely), had no game plan(I assume on a fact that he slugged with tyson), had low ring iq and still managed to shake Tyson. Also Bruno is only 6 foot 2. I don't need to tell you how much harder it is to punch upwards.
In this fight I think wlad will make a bet on endurance and just survives first 5 rounds leaning on Tyson and jabbing him and make him miss. After that each passing round will favor Wlad.
I know that Tyson persona has special status here and you can't give Wlad too much credit(especially in this match up) without being called a nutthugger but be real. Tyson in his career never beat a fighter with same physique and ability as wlad.
I don't say that it is 100% win for Wlad but you have to admit that its much closer fight then people think.
Besides Journyman Ribalta, who did Mike beat over 6'4"? and it took him all night to do that.
MMJoe is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #86
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
look at tysons fights up untill he actually won the title..all ****ing terrible thats where im getting the well matched from..
He fought all the ranked opponents one by one, he fought in an eliminator tournament

How is that well matched

There was no 'matching' or selecting of opponents

He started boxing in 1985. And by late 1986 he had 27 fights. And in the 28th he won the world championship

Remember that in another thread you stated

Quote:
i hate when people bring up who wlad was fighting for his 15th fight..considering the time scale in which he had his first 15 fights
Tyson had 20 fights within 1 year (that's an average of about 2 fights every month, and unified the divison 3 years and 3 months after his pro debut

What's not to rate

There certainly wasn't any clever match making or ducking going on

The 80s were about as weak as today, And that was why Tyson cleaned the **** out of the division and swept all in his wake

After great eras (the 70s) there is always a lull (the early-mid 80s)

after the 90s era wound down in the early 2000s, there has been a lull and now there are again a new crop of exciting HW's emerging

Last edited by Vidic; 01-03-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #87
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Quote:
a shark pool dear god..i dont know why i bother trying to talk to anyone here about boxing...if you think the 80s and early 90s where shark pools then you havnt got an ounce..and i mean it a ****ing ounce

tyson is a legend.no question.

all im saying is he is no mythical creature who can walk trhough everyone..his prime is a myth..

so ill repeat

mike tyson very very good boxer.but very very beatable..
Whats a myth? That he went from combination puncher with lighting speed and bone breaking power with incredible defence to a one punch ko man with zero defence.
The fact you cant see how badly the declined with your own eyes clearly shows you know nothing about the man and probably ever only watched the Buster Douglas fight.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #88
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
..i dont know why i bother trying to talk to anyone here about boxing
I dont know why you bother either. Ive never read a single post of yours that was in anyway interesting, informative or insightful.

The only thing worse than your inane ramblings is the sense of superiority when you clearly dksab.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #89
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
i just hate the dick sucking of some unicorn

This is a hilarious standalone sentence
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #90
Vladimir23
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Tyson is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. He was a glorified bum beater. He was a mentally weak punk who always folded like a cheap tent when things didn't go his way. He lost 6 times, got KTFO 5 times, quit twice. He never avenged any of his losses.

Wlad is more dominant, has a much better resume, has more title defenses, has defeated more world champions, has defeated more top 10 fighters, has defeated more undefeated fighters, has the better KO%, etc.

The disgustingly overrated Tyson gets destroyed by either Klitschko.

Last edited by Vladimir23; 01-03-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Vladimir23 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum