yes 27 79.41%
no 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #31
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: is Rigondeaux a better opponent to Donaire than some of the 122 opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry cuban View Post
I will be happy only if you guys think the same...Arum is a pest..a sickness that consume the sport...
Arum being a pest is already given and that won't be changed. Maybe Rigo should have increased his marketability by fighting bigger names so that Arum would turn his attention on him instead of crying 'Nonito and his ducking ways' but doing nothing to earn it.
jan_fan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #32
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: is Rigondeaux a better opponent to Donaire than some of the 122 opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan_fan View Post
Why do you keep comparing Rigo and Vasquez? Didn't I just told you on previous thread that Rigo was still fighting for the belt when Donaire was on the move @ 122? Who were the title holders @ 122 when Donaire moved there? You know Rigo wasn't in the list yet.

Maybe you should have told Rigo to transfer to the WBO rankings so that he'd be the mandatory for the vacant WBO belt that time instead of Vasquez.
Correction;
Rigo won his belt against Ramos in January
Nonito fought Vasquez in February.
Nonito said when moving to 122 that he was going after ALL the belts.Then he realized he didn't want rigos belt.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #33
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member

Rigondeaux is at the very least a worthy challenger for Donaire. If Nonito stays at 122, it's a fight he must make. If Nonito wants to move up and seek bigger paydays, though, I just cannot knock him for it.

It would seem quite ridiculous that he would forgo bigger paydays just to silence some relatively obscure bigmouth with 11 fights, if you ask me.
steviebruno is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #34
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
Correction;

Nonito said when moving to 122 that he was going after ALL the belts.Then he realized he didn't want rigos belt.
Oww, you think I didn't know that?
The fight between Donaire and Vasquez was already made several weeks before Rigo's fight with Ramos happened. What do you want him to do? cancel the fight with Vasquez and replace Rigo on the card? Does Rigo even have enough time to prepare for that?

Rigo's gonna have his time with Donaire but he's gonna have to be active in his fighting instead of just waiting on Donaire to sign him. And yeah, tell Rigo to fight bigger names too, not just somebody cause he's not gonna get sympathy from Arum, who as you know makes the fights - not Rigo and not even Donaire
jan_fan is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #35
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

vCash: 650

Quote:
Arum being a pest is already given and that won't be changed. Maybe Rigo should have increased his marketability by fighting bigger names so that Arum would turn his attention on him instead of crying 'Nonito and his ducking ways' but doing nothing to earn it.
They allways chose his opponents by the higher ranked of the ones who are eager to fight him...you don't see ppl lining to fight him...
angry cuban is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 03:56 AM   #36
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
They allways chose his opponents by the higher ranked of the ones who are eager to fight him...you don't see ppl lining to fight him...
Oh, you mean Rigo? Of course they wouldn't. I know you've answered this before to me but it boils back down to the same question I asked you before - Does Rigo bring the $$$? It's just a refreshment so that you'd understand why no one's lining up for Rigo fight, and that includes Donaire's lesser interest on him and Arum's not eager to make Donaire-Rigo fight too.
jan_fan is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #37
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
You don't make a statement by throwing 10 punches in 6 rds
Exactly. Nonito was THAT dominant against the #1 in the division. Kept his offense to a minimum. You can disparage Nish all you want but it was more Nonito shutting him down than anything else.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #38
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

delusional cuban
davebenoit is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #39
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebenoit View Post
delusional cuban
Delusional mexican...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #40
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Oh, you mean Rigo? Of course they wouldn't. I know you've answered this before to me but it boils back down to the same question I asked you before - Does Rigo bring the $$$? It's just a refreshment so that you'd understand why no one's lining up for Rigo fight, and that includes Donaire's lesser interest on him and Arum's not eager to make Donaire-Rigo fight too.
Arum was eager to make Donaire-Rigondeaux before Donaire signed his spiffy new deal with Top Rank which let him fight guys like Arce and Vazquez Jr and not have to deal with the Morenos and Rigondeauxs of the world.

Also, could you clarify how exactly Rigondeaux is supposed to be fighting bigger names when up to very recently, Arum himself had absolutely no interest in making such fights? You make it sound like Rigondeaux has complete control over what is offered to opponents. It's kind of hard to "increase your marketability" without promoting from your actual promoter.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #41
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Exactly. Nonito was THAT dominant against the #1 in the division. Kept his offense to a minimum. You can disparage Nish all you want but it was more Nonito shutting him down than anything else.
Man if you believe that is good for you....I mean..nothing will ever hurt you if when you see something you don't like you changed in your mind...I congratulate you..but Donaire couldn't make shitty vasquez jr throw 10 punches in 6 rounds or mathebula who totally out worked him...lol..fans..he throw ten punches because he was retired..he didn't came to fight...in his last fight more than a year before he was fighting Rafael marquez almost in a wheelchair...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #42
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Man if you believe that is good for you....I mean..nothing will ever hurt you if when you see something you don't like you changed in your mind...I congratulate you..but Donaire couldn't make shitty vasquez jr throw 10 punches in 6 rounds or mathebula who totally out worked him...lol..fans..he throw ten punches because he was retired..he didn't came to fight...in his last fight more than a year before he was fighting Rafael marquez almost in a wheelchair...
You really don't pay attention do you? Nish was more dangerous and Nonito couldn't just go out and 'put on a show'. He had to give Nish his full skill level so it became more of a chess match. Learn to see what you watch.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #43
ReadyOrNot

Quote:
Correction;
Why, because Donaire is scared of Rigo? You don't even believe that so why imply it? Who has Rigo beaten that makes you Rigo fans think that Donaire fears him? Not talking to you directly, but indirectly. I can understand you saying that Rigo beats Donaire, but a lot of you are saying/implying that he fears Rigo.
ReadyOrNot is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #44
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

better opponent my ****ing A-S-S

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #45
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebenoit View Post
delusional cuban

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum