Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #61
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Nope. As I've said over and over again, Marquez won't fight anyone except Pacquiao. Main reason is : tons of money.
davebenoit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #62
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
The first 3 were mega competitive as was the 4th before the ko punch.

Great clash of styles with no obvious opponent bar each other.

I think nigh on everyone would like to see this fight again.
Exactly.
Manila is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #63
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
I think Marquez needs this fight even more than Pac.

Pac did beat him 3 times, one draw was a screw up with the judges cards as was proven. The 3rd fight was the closest because Pac fought differently and did to Marquez was marquez does to others, except he also landed more and was more productive.

The fourth fight was very strange, Pac controlling it, the flash knock down, and then out of nowhere, where Pac busted his nose and looked to finally be doing what everyone expected him to do, Marquez threw a hail mary that Pac walked on to.

In Marquez's head, he knows it was one of those moments in boxing, like Eubank Watson, where 1 punch literally changed the outcome 180 degrees. I think Marquez wants to win by Ko, but not be outboxed in doing so, he knows now that with his new ''nutrition'' he has power and Pac has declined, if he can put together a Pac/Marquez fight 3 performance, Pac declines further, and get the KO, then he will be able to walk away with the knowledge he finally did it the way he dreamed.

Of course he will be delighted to have the KO win, but he still knows in all 4 fights, he has been outboxed, his style means he won't deteriorate like Pac's style will, so this really is the best chance he has of giving himself what he has longed for, or he will forever hold that knowledge that he couldn't out box Pac.

I believe a rematch will go to a Pac TKO, I do believe Pac will be ruthless, but not reckless as now he has to respect Marquez's artificial power.
My thoughts also
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #64
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

it will be another great fight. y not?
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #65
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Cause it was a great fight and PAC was doing very well until he got caught. I can see why a rematch would be exciting as fuuuuck.

As for aging, PAC is further past prime than JMM and deterioratin faster as well so I think JMM would probably do even better but I think PAC would be too cautious to get ktfo again
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #66
dsr
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
Each rematch was only necessary because of the result of the previous fight
the premise is just wrong so no point in questioning a fifth fight really

It is so funny to see all Pac haters actually being afraid of a new fight that can go the "wrong way"
dsr is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #67
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

I wonder if Arum will want blood-testing for a fifth fight...
Manila is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #68
ReadyOrNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
Cause it was a great fight and PAC was doing very well until he got caught. I can see why a rematch would be exciting as fuuuuck.

As for aging, PAC is further past prime than JMM and deterioratin faster as well so I think JMM would probably do even better but I think PAC would be too cautious to get ktfo again
What do you have a "primeometer or ageometer" that checks fighters prime? There is no "who is further past their prime". You're just guessing. In both guys cases, there is flat footed, and then there is the non flat footed fighter. Like Roy Jones, sooner or later when you can't jump in and out anymore and have to fight flat footed, your jumping in and out becomes predictable to conventional fighters. Pacquiao tried to fight flatfooted and use his defense in this style and almost had his lights put out in round 3. If you're not used to fighting flatfooted eventually you'll get timed as Pacquiao and Roy were.
ReadyOrNot is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #69
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

If Manny wants a 5th fight why not? He could have ducked a 4th despite the 3rd being a close decision,there are plenty of fighters who would have. It will also sell well. I dont know if Manny can overturn the defeat but its a good match and will be good to watch.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #70
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

JMM is looking for a big payday. He's already proven that he is better than PEDcquiao. Even if JMM should lose, how much credit can you give a supposed great fighter in his prime beating a FORTY ONE year old grandpa in the ring? Well we know Pactards will run with it just as they did with past prime Mosley, DLH, Hatton, Morales ... Win-win for JMM no matter the outcome.
markq is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #71
555east
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.Townend View Post
If Manny wants a 5th fight why not? He could have ducked a 4th despite the 3rd being a close decision,
sure Pac could have, but who else would he have fought? Pacquiao's options for the December fight were a Bradley rematch or face JMM again.

Arum and company were disappointed about the Bradley-Pac PPV sales compared to Pac-JMM .... thus JMM-Pacquiao 4.

as for the necessity of the 5th fight ... if people make a claim that Pac got robbed on the scorecards for the DRAW .. can't the same be said of the 3rd fight? where one judge had it 8 rounds to 4 for Pacquiao?

**it's still a marketable fight, but after four already, I feel like another Pac-JMM bout is a bit excessive.
555east is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #72
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555east View Post
sure Pac could have, but who else would he have fought? Pacquiao's options for the December fight were a Bradley rematch or face JMM again.

Arum and company were disappointed about the Bradley-Pac PPV sales compared to Pac-JMM .... thus JMM-Pacquiao 4.

as for the necessity of the 5th fight ... if people make a claim that Pac got robbed on the scorecards for the DRAW .. can't the same be said of the 3rd fight? where one judge had it 8 rounds to 4 for Pacquiao?

**it's still a marketable fight, but after four already, I feel like another Pac-JMM bout is a bit excessive.
It probably is but as you mentioned potential ppv sales help a lot in making fights. I cant see Bradley v Marquez being a bigger sell than a 5th Pac v Marquez fight. Much as I hate the way ppv decides things I have to say as a fan of the sport Id rather see Marquez in with Manny again than see him fight Bradley.
Giving the 3rd 8/4 to Manny was totally wrong by the way.
Pac in my opinion deserves a chance to have a go at Marquez again. If it ends in a debatable decision I might regret saying it especially if its in Manny`s favour.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #73
Villain
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
many true boxing fans ultimately accept Juan Manuel Marquez as the better fighter and the fourth fight hit the nail on the head.
You lost me right there. You're not really open to an answer.

Styles make fights. Fighter B having the right style to give fighter A fits doesn't automatically make him a better fighter.

The resume determines greatness, not any one fight or any one opponent.

Now to answer your question anyway... Any real fan of boxing loves it when two p4p guys give everything they have at the highest skill level and go all out guns blazing. Why would any true fan NOT want to see another fight is the question. There is really only one answer to that and you know it.

If the fighters want to do it again, I'll watch it with excitement! If either of them are done and don't want it, well they earned that too.
Villain is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #74
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villain View Post
You lost me right there. You're not really open to an answer.

Styles make fights. Fighter B having the right style to give fighter A fits doesn't automatically make him a better fighter.

The resume determines greatness, not any one fight or any one opponent.

Now to answer your question anyway... Any real fan of boxing loves it when two p4p guys give everything they have at the highest skill level and go all out guns blazing. Why would any true fan NOT want to see another fight is the question. There is really only one answer to that and you know it.

If the fighters want to do it again, I'll watch it with excitement! If either of them are done and don't want it, well they earned that too.
Stopped reading there. Manny is no where near a highly "skilled" fighter. He has ability and talent but skills are not paying Pacquiao's bills. Casual fans of boxing who worship Manny like a teen girl worships ****** Beiber support Manny and sadly have dwindeled since JMM/Pac 3 fight hence destoying any kind of 50/50 claim made by Team Pac. A 5th fight would be stupid and will not sell more than the 4th fight. Plus its another opportunity for Pac to look worse again which has been the trend since fight number 4. Any direction Manny takes now will just further hurt him. Thats regardless if its a Rios fight, a Cotto fight at 154, Bradley 2 or JMM 5. Personally he should just retire and quit while he still is somewhat still worshipped by people.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #75
555east
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.Townend View Post
It probably is but as you mentioned potential ppv sales help a lot in making fights. I cant see Bradley v Marquez being a bigger sell than a 5th Pac v Marquez fight. Giving the 3rd 8/4 to Manny was totally wrong by the way.Pac in my opinion deserves a chance to have a go at Marquez again. If it ends in a debatable decision I might regret saying it especially if its in Manny`s favour.
yeah no way Bradley-JMM would be a bigger sell than a 5th JMM-Pac bout

another debatable decision would suck, and probably lead to a 6th fight

**but I'm curious to see how Pacquiao looks after getting brutally KO'd like that
555east is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum