We Are All One
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 0
Default Re: Solomon Haumono TKO5 Kyotaro Fujimoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by flem1 View Post
Vid of the KO. Poor Kyotaro..
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Oh dear, Kyotaro, you better go back to K1.
Saku is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #32
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

He didn't even know where he was. Fight should have been stopped after the first knockdown.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #33
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh View Post
Yeah, I find that hard to believe too. Povetkin is around 225, but he is 6'2 and looks fat.

Also, how is the weight difference between those two only 25 pounds?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Wow he's really small if he wants to stay in boxing he needs to go down to CW. he could maybe even make LHW but LHW is a tougher division than CW and he might drain himself
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #34
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Kyotaro is rally really bad he wasnt really even topo K1 fighter who said to him to try boxing is beyond me...
Just look the second that video starts how boxer keeps his chin tucked in and Kyotaro up like he wants to be hit...
FilipMNE is online now  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
Kyotaro is rally really bad he wasnt really even topo K1 fighter who said to him to try boxing is beyond me...
Just look the second that video starts how boxer keeps his chin tucked in and Kyotaro up like he wants to be hit...
Wrong. He was never #1 or anything, but he was top 10 for much of his career, and beat six tourney or divisional champs (a few of them legends) and only lost to champs (a few of them legends) while never being knocked out. The crème de la crème that beat him didn't find it a walk in the park, and that includes Schilt himself who is top three p4p. He also retired as K1 heavyweight champion.

Saying he wasn't a top K1 fighter is indefensible fallacy.

He's just obviously not cut out for the kick-free strain of boxing.

At least not at heavyweight.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #36
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Wrong. He was never #1 or anything, but he was top 10 for much of his career, and beat six tourney or divisional champs (a few of them legends) and only lost to champs (a few of them legends) while never being knocked out. The crème de la crème that beat him didn't find it a walk in the park, and that includes Schilt himself who is top three p4p. He also retired as K1 heavyweight champion.

Saying he wasn't a top K1 fighter is indefensible fallacy.

He's just obviously not cut out for the kick-free strain of boxing.

At least not at heavyweight.
Listen i fallowed K1 constantly if he wasnt Japanese he would not even be in top 10, and i wrote wasnt really top K1 and he wasnt, he beat 100 years old Aerts and 100 years old Lebanner, while he is tough he was never any danger to the best fighter like Bonjasky, Badr Hari, Schilt etc only good fighter in prime he beat is Saki and he is really lucky that he came in a time when K1 quality went down because if he was around 6 or 7 years ago he would not be in final tournament!!!
And if you think i wrote this to say that other better K1 fighters would be good in boxing thats not my intention as you can see in any Badr Hari boxing savior thread
Who retired as a k1 champion?? Kyotaro was never the real champion and if you are talking about Schilt he is not retired he just KOd Ghita few days ago
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #37
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm View Post
Ref/corner should really have stopped it after the first KD, was clearly not ready to continue.
yeah, he was looking at his corner for help and was ignored.

disgusting.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #38
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Listen i fallowed K1 constantly if he wasnt Japanese he would not even be in top 10, and i wrote wasnt really top K1 and he wasnt, he beat 100 years old Aerts and 100 years old Lebanner, while he is tough he was never any danger to the best fighter like Bonjasky, Badr Hari, Schilt etc only good fighter in prime he beat is Saki and he is really lucky that he came in a time when K1 quality went down because if he was around 6 or 7 years ago he would not be in final tournament!!!
And if you think i wrote this to say that other better K1 fighters would be good in boxing thats not my intention as you can see in any Badr Hari boxing savior thread
Who retired as a k1 champion?? Kyotaro was never the real champion and if you are talking about Schilt he is not retired he just KOd Ghita few days ago
Schilt is the Super Heavyweight champ. (and multiple-time heavyweight Grand Prix champ)

Different weight class. Thought you followed K1?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #39
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Schilt is the Super Heavyweight champ. (and multiple-time heavyweight Grand Prix champ)

Are you aware that Tyrone Spong fought super heavyweights with 90 kg??? In K1 its not same like in boxing the real champions are champions that won Grand Prix at the end of the year something that even Badr Hari never managed to win and Schilt won it 4 times like Hoost did and Bonjasky won it 3 times...Kyotaro was pushed hard because he is Japanese because of K1 popularity there, just watch Bonjasky vs Musashi to see the attempted robbery because Musashi is Japanese Bonjasky pretty much dominated but had to fight 2 or 3 extra rounds in a final of grand prix tournament to win it, Kyotaro beat Lebanner because Lebanner refused to go extra round because he felt he was robbed just as Bonjasky was..
Kyotaro lost his last K1 fight to guy that is not super heavyweight so he was even heavyweight champion when he finished with K1...
So just like i told you Kyotaro never won World Heavyweight Tournament and thats the only thing that counts in K1, there is nothing close to this title!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #40
Leftsmash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

He looked gone by the first knock down, I was already feeling bad for him before he got KTFO. Poor Kyotara, I hope the guy tries CW.
Leftsmash is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #41
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Are you aware that Tyrone Spong fought super heavyweights with 90 kg??? In K1 its not same like in boxing the real champions are champions that won Grand Prix at the end of the year something that even Badr Hari never managed to win and Schilt won it 4 times like Hoost did and Bonjasky won it 3 times...Kyotaro was pushed hard because he is Japanese because of K1 popularity there, just watch Bonjasky vs Musashi to see the attempted robbery because Musashi is Japanese Bonjasky pretty much dominated but had to fight 2 or 3 extra rounds in a final of grand prix tournament to win it, Kyotaro beat Lebanner because Lebanner refused to go extra round because he felt he was robbed just as Bonjasky was..
Kyotaro lost his last K1 fight to guy that is not super heavyweight so he was even heavyweight champion when he finished with K1...
So just like i told you Kyotaro never won World Heavyweight Tournament and thats the only thing that counts in K1, there is nothing close to this title!
It seems you have some anti-Japanese sentiment where K1 is concerned.

Musashi and Kyotaro are both recognized as very good. Not the best, but very good. You're the first person I've ever heard suggest either benefited from excessive gift judging, or only made it to a visible level due to their nationality as opposed to merit.

Your original claim that he was never one of the top K1 fighters is still wrong.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #42
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
It seems you have some anti-Japanese sentiment where K1 is concerned.

Musashi and Kyotaro are both recognized as very good. Not the best, but very good. You're the first person I've ever heard suggest either benefited from excessive gift judging, or only made it to a visible level due to their nationality as opposed to merit.

Your original claim that he was never one of the top K1 fighters is still wrong.
No i'm still right he was considered good but not top level big difference. Mushashi is 100 times more respected and far better than Kyotaro ever was, dont talk about stuff you dont know so you have to call me a racist and you didnt even watch famous grand prix fight between Musashi and Bonjasky.
Before you call me racist do some research on Musashi vs Bonjasky fight or better yet watch it, you will be disgusted it was Rios vs Abril level disgusting
Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #43
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Calm yourself.

A) I didn't say you were racist.

B) I didn't say Musashi wasn't better than Kyotaro.

C) I didn't say Musashi deservedly beat Remy.

You're the one who claimed both of them were carefully maneuvered to the top non-meritoriously, and were the frequent recipients of home judging.

I know the Japanese guys tend to get the loudest cheers in the organization's home country, no shit - but that doesn't mean there's institutionalized corruption or that Japanese kickboxers who rise up in the organization aren't earning their way legitimately.

...and JLB was in the wrong when he threw his tantrum. There was no robbery there.

So please, cite some additional examples of either Kyotaro or Musashi receiving gifts (besides Bojansky) before you paint a picture of Japanese competitors being handed everything on a silver platter just because they're popular at home.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #44
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:

There is no SHW division in K1. If you're 190+ lbs you're fighting in the HW division against giants like Schilt
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #45
flem1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
There is no SHW division in K1. If you're 190+ lbs you're fighting in the HW division against giants like Schilt
There actually is a SHW division in K-1. The HW and SHW fight in Grand Prix tournaments but K-1 actually introduced the SHW division and K-1 title belts several years ago. Kyotaro was the K-1 HW champ before moving to boxing.
flem1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum