Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #46
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: What could Leonard done to win his fight with Duran? Fought his fight instead?

Theres nothing wrong with being a Hearns fan...
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #47
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What could Leonard done to win his fight with Duran? Fought his fight instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Star Trek was a great show, but the main thing is that for Ray or Duran the fact remains that Duran could not duplicate the result. If he really could dominate Ray he would have won that rematch. And the third fight is significant. It proves Ray was the variable.
Only you MAG could warp this, SIGNIFICANT!!! Leonard was a private contract $1 Million an ounce penalty clause weight rigging bastard.

Leonard publicly stated that he was gonna knock Duran out & he ran like a dog again when all he had in front of him was a puffed up old man who desperatly needed the $$$$ to pay the IRS so he could have his exit visa re-instated.

16,000 attendees boo'd SRL out of the ring! It was the ultimate celeb walkout fight & that was why Leonard was finished in vegas. He LIED!!! Oh what a suprise!!! New York was the only town that would have him after that thief in the night performance against Duran. Leonard VARIABLE???? If that duplicitus cunt was so confident then why did he handcuff Duran to a private contract weight stipulation!!!

Duran is SRL's bogeyman & he still ai'nt got over the ass kicking he got in Montreal & thats why he did his walz at the Mirage when he'd promised all in sundry that he had unfinished bizz with Duran & was going to knock him out!! Leanard "bottled it" His arse went!! He did'nt fancy backing his gob up & ending up on his arse. He said he would stand & trade juxtaposed with his popeye physique you'd think he'd grow a pair & tear into old fatman duran, he did in the 11th round when the boo's & roars of BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! reached a creshendo & Duran smashed him one in the chops & SRL could'nt get on onto his bike fast enough.

That 3rd fight was only significant in the fact that at last even the boxing casual could now see through the SRL smoke & mirrors show & it finished him! Well! TERRY NORRIS finished him & rid the public of an arch manipulator who did more damage to the sport than any other fraud out there & we still live with SRL's damage today in the shape & form of Floyd Mayweather jr.
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #48
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Scathing.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #49
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Scathing.
Tiz all true yer know
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #50
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
I won't comment too much don't worry. But I do think Leonard was the variable and always was absolutely 100 percent. When they fought I was 15. I remember thinking wow so many excuses for Duran. If one excuse like the steak and gallon of water for Duran's stomach ache as the immediate problem for quitting in round 8, then they say he didn't train to explain why he could not compete at all. No credit was given for Ray who absolutely fought a different fight. If you compare the first and second fights Ray's foot movement is totally different as was his gameplan. Duran's was not. That is why I say Ray was the variable. And he did it in two fights post June of 1980, one fight 9 years later.
Sorry mate. Not this time.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #51
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Tiz all true yer know

It's quality stuff.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #52
KuRuPT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I certainly didn't create a new account to troll. This is my one an only account. What is the basis for saying I made a new troll account.. which threads support this notion?
KuRuPT is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #53
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuRuPT View Post
I certainly didn't create a new account to troll. This is my one an only account. What is the basis for saying I made a new troll account.. which threads support this notion?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X8oiLEXOB8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X8oiLEXOB8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #54
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
It may sound crazy but I believe Dino, OMGWTF, TheSouthpaw, KuRuPT, VG_Addict, and some others are not new to ESB but have newer accounts so that they can rehash old arguments, troll for or against certain fighters and post seemingly innocent threads that they know are dredged-up, long-time arguments here, for the sake of humouring themselves. CALL ME CRAZY. Call me paranoid. Call me even one noid. But that's what I'm thinking. There's been quite a growth spurt in these accounts chiming in on classic and now they're really starting to make up a decent percentage of the discussion I've been seeing. But, I wish them well.
I think this is what he's talking about. I'm franks alt if that means anything.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #55
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
I think this is what he's talking about. I'm franks alt if that means anything.
O I C.

I think I swore this entire topic off in this thread, so I've hardly read through it post-for-post.

No you're not.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #56
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
O I C.

I think I swore this entire topic off in this thread, so I've hardly read through it post-for-post.

No you're not.
Search your mother board. You know it to be true.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #57
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
sorry mate. Not this time.

:d:d:d
Old 01-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #58
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
Search your mother board. You know it to be true.
caught red handed...
Old 01-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #59
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

I love how many times I see the word " Troll " on this thread.......everyones sooooooooo touchy about SRL...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 AM   #60
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 917

The first fight was a pretty evenly matched fight. In fighting Duran's fight Leonard gave him advantages. When two boxers have two diffrent styles in a close fight, judges often side with the boxer who's style the fight is being fought in. While Leonard wasn't a backfoot slick boxer. He wasn't a pressure fighter like Duran either.
ripcity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum