boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #11611
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 128,384
vCash: 44000
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Why is the goddamn current month's fight list always so hard to find?!!

It's fine that kirk doesn't get around to updating post #2 very often. Understandable. He's busy, and has a lot else to do with this.

A league lieutenant should be pasting that SOB on every page, or close to it.

Official Scheduler PP, and Assistant Malden - I'm looking at you!

It's one thing if an exchange of banter quickly hogs up a page or spills over onto the next one - but it's the norm in here for several days' worth of posts to bury the list many pages back!
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #11612
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 128,384
vCash: 44000
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Barthelemy UD12 Usmanee
Silvestre MD12 Lopez
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #11613
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?
Posts: 4,222
vCash: 75
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

IB
will pay attention to it
Bump


Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyprodigy View Post
january fight list
.................................................................................................... ........................................


league scheduler
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
pinoy prodigy

assistant: Malden

* result commentary by robney
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

1/4 - rances barthelemy vs. Arash usmanee - 12x3 ibf super featherweight eliminator for #2 (espn2)
1/5 - jesus silvestre vs. Ganigan lopez - 12x3 interim wba world minimumweight title (televisa)
1/11 - john molina vs. Dannie williams - 10x3 (espn2)
1/11 - ronny rios vs. Rico ramos - 10x3 nabf featherweight title (showtime)
1/12 - adrian hernandez vs. Dirceu cabarca - 12x3 wbc light flyweight title
1/12 - juan jose montes vs. Sonny boy jaro (televisa)
1/19 - sergey kovalev vs. Gabriel campillo - 10x3 (nbc sports network)
1/19 - orlando salido vs. Miguel angel garcia - 12x3 wbo featherweight title (hbo)
1/19 - gennady golovkin vs. Gabriel rosado - 12x3 wba world & ibo middleweight titles (hbo)
1/19 - roman martinez vs. Juan carlos burgos - 12x3 wbo super featherweight title (hbo)

1/25 - serhiy dzinziruk vs. Brian vera - 10x3 (espn2)
1/25 - demetrius andrade vs. Freddy hernandez - 10x3 (showtime)
1/26 - selcuk aydin vs. Jesus soto karass - 10x3 (showtime)
1/26 - lucas martin matthysse vs. Mike dallas jr. - 12x3 interim wbc light welterweight title (showtime)

1/26 - juan carlos sanchez jr. Vs. Rodrigo guerrero ii - 12x3 ibf super flyweight title
1/30 - daniel geale vs. Anthony mundine ii - 12x3 ibf middleweight title (australia main event)

Last edited by David B; 01-03-2013 at 08:28 PM.
David B is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #11614
Tackleberry
The Reverse Somersault!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 75
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Barthelemy UD
Tackleberry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #11615
Tackleberry
The Reverse Somersault!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 75
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Silvestre UD
Tackleberry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #11616
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 128,384
vCash: 44000
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
Bump


Salt of the earth, David - in both leagues!
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #11617
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 23,048
vCash: 75
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

ib that's a cracking idea.

Maybe on next years thread someone can save a post on the first page to update the fixtures list, or maybe post it as a visitor message on their (I wanna say wall, no idea how to describe it).

I would do it but I dunno if I'll last the pace as I fell off the wagon a bit last year.

Anyways it's good to be back in the league, watch out David b, I'm gunning for you!
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #11618
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 128,384
vCash: 44000
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Also, were at 7 likes, need 18 more If one doesnt want to I totally, totallly understand, no problem. Just bumping anyways.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ill have a main link back to ESB and the 2013 thread on it once I put the thread up.
Me likey.

With that you're up to 15...
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #11619
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 128,384
vCash: 44000
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
ib that's a cracking idea.

Maybe on next years thread someone can save a post on the first page to update the fixtures list, or maybe post it as a visitor message on their (I wanna say wall, no idea how to describe it).

I would do it but I dunno if I'll last the pace as I fell off the wagon a bit last year.

Anyways it's good to be back in the league, watch out David b, I'm gunning for you!
I think it's enough to just have several people (like those in here chatting it up all the time) keeping watch, and pasting it up for the more casual participants if they see a few pages have gone by without it.

It works in Rummy's.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #11620
PinoyProdigy
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Posts: 5,765
vCash: 577
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Why is the goddamn current month's fight list always so hard to find?!!

It's fine that kirk doesn't get around to updating post #2 very often. Understandable. He's busy, and has a lot else to do with this.

A league lieutenant should be pasting that SOB on every page, or close to it.

Official Scheduler PP, and Assistant Malden - I'm looking at you!

It's one thing if an exchange of banter quickly hogs up a page or spills over onto the next one - but it's the norm in here for several days' worth of posts to bury the list many pages back!
I used to bump it a little too much a couple months back, I'll get back to that, no worries
PinoyProdigy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #11621
PinoyProdigy
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Posts: 5,765
vCash: 577
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

JANUARY FIGHT LIST
.................................................................................................... ........................................


LEAGUE SCHEDULER
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PINOY PRODIGY

Assistant: Malden

* Result Commentary by Robney
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

1/4 - Rances Barthelemy vs. Arash Usmanee - 12x3 IBF Super Featherweight Eliminator for #2 (ESPN2)
1/5 - Jesus Silvestre vs. Ganigan Lopez - 10x3 (Televisa)
1/11 - John Molina vs. Dannie Williams - 10x3 (ESPN2)
1/11 - Ronny Rios vs. Rico Ramos - 10x3 NABF Featherweight Title (Showtime)
1/12 - Adrian Hernandez vs. Dirceu Cabarca - 12x3 WBC Light Flyweight Title
1/19 - Sergey Kovalev vs. Gabriel Campillo - 10x3 (NBC Sports Network)
1/19 - Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Angel Garcia - 12x3 WBO Featherweight Title (HBO)
1/19 - Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado - 12x3 WBA World & IBO Middleweight Titles (HBO)
1/19 - Roman Martinez vs. Juan Carlos Burgos - 12x3 WBO Super Featherweight Title (HBO)
1/25 - Serhiy Dzinziruk vs. Brian Vera - 10x3 (ESPN2)
1/25 - Demetrius Andrade vs. Freddy Hernandez - 10x3 (Showtime)
1/26 - Selcuk Aydin vs. Jesus Soto Karass - 10x3 (Showtime)
1/26 - Lucas Martin Matthysse vs. Mike Dallas Jr. - 12x3 Interim WBC Light Welterweight Title (Showtime)
1/26 - Juan Carlos Sanchez Jr. vs. Rodrigo Guerrero II - 12x3 IBF Super Flyweight Title
1/30 - Daniel Geale vs. Anthony Mundine II - 12x3 IBF Middleweight Title (Australia Main Event)
PinoyProdigy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #11622
kirk
C1
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ill swallow my Blood before i swallow my Pride
Posts: 25,442
vCash: 2102
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Ok gang, gonna be making the 2013 thread.....

But I wanted to say, I really, really, really appreciate everyone bringing so much life to the league, you guys ARE the league. And I can truly say I wouldnt be on ESB if it wasnt for you all. You are what makes doing this league still worthwhile..... believe me I wouldnt be doing this otherwise lol.

2012, number wise (posts and views) was our 2nd biggest year to date. However, take into account I was gone for about 4 or 5 months of the year, the truth is had everything ran smoothly, this year would have crushed our others, and it wouldnt have been close.

Had some new things for this year, Beast helped come up with the World Boxing Kings title.... which I think supplements the League nicely. The expansion to youtube, and of course, all the great fights we had during the year. I really think 2012 was a great year for boxing, and feels good to know boxing made all the naysayers who pronounce it dead look like the fools they are, not just with the good fights that were made but also with the popularity the fights and fighters. Boxing is alive and well.

For all of our main, regular members, that come to this thread every week and keep it alive, you all know who you are and I really cant stress the importance each one of you brings to the league. Pinoy with the schedule, Robney with the fight updates, Malden keeping things going when he can, Beast with his awesome images he provides for us, and also, just as importantly, the life everyone brings to the thread, from the personalities to the discussions. From Boxed Ears, to I.B, (shout out to ones like Fighter2r, jdr, and Pimp C, whos been doing this year n and year out, they hardly say anything but they continue to show they know boxing as good as anyone by always being in the mix as some of our top competitors) and of course David B, who is right when he says this has become much more then just a prediction league.

Truth is I could go down the list of our members and each and every one of you bring an ingrediant to the league that makes it what it is, and I mean that for reals.

So thanks to you all, I appreciate it greatly, I hope 2013 shows the League to continue its success, with all of you battling it out to see who will be crowned next years champion.

Speaking of Champions, big, big congrats to David B. Becoming the League Champion is not an easy task, and when you see how tight it was down the stretch with our top guys, in a year with over 100 fights it literally comes down to a few ones making a difference, thats pretty crazy. If you are in the top 10, you know boxing, period. It takes that extra 'something' to get ahead of the pack and claim the title though, and thats what David did, joining the exclusive list of champions and putting his name up on the banner. Well done David, very very impressive.

Anyways, Ill stop this rambling and get started on the 2013 thread now, thanks once again to each and every one of you.... believe me just because I didnt address you doesnt mean youre not in this as much as anyone. I could seriously write about each of you and what you guys bring to this league.

Thank you and Happy New Year
kirk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #11623
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 128,384
vCash: 44000
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyProdigy View Post
I used to bump it a little too much a couple months back, I'll get back to that, no worries
NO. SUCH. THING.

IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #11624
PinoyProdigy
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Posts: 5,765
vCash: 577
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Barthelemy UD
Silvestre UD
PinoyProdigy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #11625
PinoyProdigy
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Posts: 5,765
vCash: 577
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Ok gang, gonna be making the 2013 thread.....

But I wanted to say, I really, really, really appreciate everyone bringing so much life to the league, you guys ARE the league. And I can truly say I wouldnt be on ESB if it wasnt for you all. You are what makes doing this league still worthwhile..... believe me I wouldnt be doing this otherwise lol.

2012, number wise (posts and views) was our 2nd biggest year to date. However, take into account I was gone for about 4 or 5 months of the year, the truth is had everything ran smoothly, this year would have crushed our others, and it wouldnt have been close.

Had some new things for this year, Beast helped come up with the World Boxing Kings title.... which I think supplements the League nicely. The expansion to youtube, and of course, all the great fights we had during the year. I really think 2012 was a great year for boxing, and feels good to know boxing made all the naysayers who pronounce it dead look like the fools they are, not just with the good fights that were made but also with the popularity the fights and fighters. Boxing is alive and well.

For all of our main, regular members, that come to this thread every week and keep it alive, you all know who you are and I really cant stress the importance each one of you brings to the league. Pinoy with the schedule, Robney with the fight updates, Malden keeping things going when he can, Beast with his awesome images he provides for us, and also, just as importantly, the life everyone brings to the thread, from the personalities to the discussions. From Boxed Ears, to I.B, (shout out to ones like Fighter2r, jdr, and Pimp C, whos been doing this year n and year out, they hardly say anything but they continue to show they know boxing as good as anyone by always being in the mix as some of our top competitors) and of course David B, who is right when he says this has become much more then just a prediction league.

Truth is I could go down the list of our members and each and every one of you bring an ingrediant to the league that makes it what it is, and I mean that for reals.

So thanks to you all, I appreciate it greatly, I hope 2013 shows the League to continue its success, with all of you battling it out to see who will be crowned next years champion.

Speaking of Champions, big, big congrats to David B. Becoming the League Champion is not an easy task, and when you see how tight it was down the stretch with our top guys, in a year with over 100 fights it literally comes down to a few ones making a difference, thats pretty crazy. If you are in the top 10, you know boxing, period. It takes that extra 'something' to get ahead of the pack and claim the title though, and thats what David did, joining the exclusive list of champions and putting his name up on the banner. Well done David, very very impressive.

Anyways, Ill stop this rambling and get started on the 2013 thread now, thanks once again to each and every one of you.... believe me just because I didnt address you doesnt mean youre not in this as much as anyone. I could seriously write about each of you and what you guys bring to this league.

Thank you and Happy New Year
Well said MASTER KIRK
PinoyProdigy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015