Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: The WBA World cruiserweight title: staying in Chekhov or Philly-bound?
Lebedev on points 17 13.49%
Lebedev by stoppage 15 11.90%
Draw 1 0.79%
Chambers on points 86 68.25%
Chambers by stoppage 7 5.56%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #46
PowerBack
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675
Default Re: Denis Lebedev vs. Eddie Chambers

War Lebedev!
PowerBack is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #47
IGIFTK
S.Kovalev is a problem.
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

My vCash is on Chambers.

Easy money.
IGIFTK is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #48
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Provided there are no ill effects from weight draining (unlikely) then I've got Chambers winning a comfortable UD. I don't think Lebedev possesses the skill or intelligence to break through Chambers's high guard, nor do I think he can avoid the fast Eddie counter right. Think the fight'll look a little something like the Povetkin fight, with more activity.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #49
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

It occurs to me that Lebedev must think he can get the KO, to come to Chambers' backyard.

I don't see Eddie getting caught with a powerful (but not particularly fast) uppercut the way Silgado did...but there must be something Team Lebedev saw on film that they are thinking they can exploit...
My guess is they're gonna go hard to the body, hope to take the wind out of his sails later on. Head hunting Chambers from the off is a recipe for disaster IMO.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #50
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
My guess is they're gonna go hard to the body, hope to take the wind out of his sails later on. Head hunting Chambers from the off is a recipe for disaster IMO.
His defense isn't limited to the top floor, though.

When has anyone ever consistently torn up Eddie's thorax?

I mean, Adamek landed some body shots - but they were a negligible fraction of what he threw.

His 75" wingspan is only a couple of inches over the Cruiser average, but when he folds up his guard it covers a fair amount of area, nearly from hairline to belt. He's also great at seeing punches coming and reacting accordingly, and it isn't like Lebedev (who is no speedster, but has acute power & timing) throws with such quickness downstairs that Eddie won't spot them or have time to lower his elbows or shimmy.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #51
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

Quote:
Second, Lebedev is underrated by some and in many fans' view (including mine) hasn't ever been truly bested in the ring - but he isn't on a much higher plane than Drozd. There is a bigger gap between Drozd and Herelius than between Lebedev and Drozd.

Those are just some fighters I blurted out who are just solid contenders. Lebedev is a shark compared to Drodz being a barracuda. I think its a significant gap.

Quote:
Third, you're critical of a guy immediately going after the #1 in a division - especially where it's responding to a direct call-out?
Not trying to be critical, but just saying that Chambers shouldn't be jumping the gun that quick. And Denis never calls out fighters, its Hruniov that does all the calling out.

I know your a huge Chambers fan, and thats cool...I like him too, but Lebedev is a tough dude with power and chin to KO anyone in this division. Dangerous first fight, tis all i'm sayin
Honor is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #52
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Quote:
His defense isn't limited to the top floor, though.

When has anyone ever consistently t
orn up Eddie's thorax?

I mean, Adamek landed some body shots - but they were a negligible fraction of what he threw.

His 75" wingspan is only a couple of inches over the Cruiser average, but when he folds up his guard it covers a fair amount of area, nearly from hairline to belt. He's also great at seeing punches coming and reacting accordingly, and it isn't like Lebedev (who is no speedster, but has acute power & timing) throws with such quickness downstairs that Eddie won't spot them or have time to lower his elbows or shimmy.
He landed them the entire night, mate.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #53
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Yep. That doesn't run contrary to what I said.

He threw 'em all night. He landed a small fraction of them...again, all night. Missing most in EPIC fashion. (surpassed only by how foolishly he was made to look missing headshots...and the same against Cunningham)
Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #54
Team_Chambers
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Promise everyone this.. he can try whatever.. ill be fully prepared for it.. My Trainer James Ali Bashir have me punching in alot of combinations.. wasnt able to show it last fight because of torn bicep.. but I show i can switch from orthodox to south paw easily.. which is rare for someone in heavyweights or cruisers... if i had my left.. Adamek wouldnt of thrown alot of punches like he did even tho they mostly hit the Air.. Hopefully when it comes fight time.. I will put on a great show for everyone & dissapoint the haters!!
Team_Chambers is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #55
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You are the anti-Polish Pummeler.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #56
From Russia
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Haha, there are many people on russian forums who are "Team Chambers". A lot of fans started to hate Denis after his fight with RJJ, but of course this nasty KO wasnt his fault, he was just doing his job...
From Russia is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #57
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

And The New!!

#TeamChambers

should be a good fight.
raichu is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #58
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Russia View Post
Haha, there are many people on russian forums who are "Team Chambers". A lot of fans started to hate Denis after his fight with RJJ, but of course this nasty KO wasnt his fault, he was just doing his job...
It's really strange how much heat he takes for beating Toney & Jones.

You'd think he would have enough residual positive sentiment pent up from the Huck decision to balance it out.

Besides, where is the ire directed towards Damon Reed and Bobby Gunn? Pawel Glazewski and Max Alexander? They fought the same badly denigrated version of the venerable tandem of legends. Granted, unlike Lebedev none were able to TCOB against them (although Gunn and Glazewski came damn close...and many feel Glazewski was screwed, although he left it up to the judges where the White Swan didn't...) but they're every bit as guilty of trying to sneak an ATG onto their resume by cherry-picking their dried up husks aeons past the sell-by date.

Furthermore, if it's Hruniov calling the shots Lebedev can't be personally blamed for whomever gets put in front of him. His job once the pins are set up is to knock them down (or out) - and he does.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #59
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

Eddie you got this brah!

Box your ass off.....
bronx is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #60
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Chambers View Post
Promise everyone this.. he can try whatever.. ill be fully prepared for it.. My Trainer James Ali Bashir have me punching in alot of combinations.. wasnt able to show it last fight because of torn bicep.. but I show i can switch from orthodox to south paw easily.. which is rare for someone in heavyweights or cruisers... if i had my left.. Adamek wouldnt of thrown alot of punches like he did even tho they mostly hit the Air.. Hopefully when it comes fight time.. I will put on a great show for everyone & dissapoint the haters!!
Eddie, as a philly guy just curious as to whether or not you're familiar with George James, the old timer who trains out of Lonnie Young in germantown now?
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum