Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #31
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

Dealt with more water means your body must work harder to maintain temps this is basic anat phys id love to see these studys that defy every other modern textbook lol the guys doing that test must have gotten some looks lol. and to repeat myself yet again, creatine has no effects after the first 10 seconds of every round, if that. Your body has no interest in stockpiling cp its always there for the chemical energy system to continue turning over and it certainly doesnt replenish atp at a faster rate if cp stores are fuller, all those statements are incorrect, if you wanna argue more i suggest you argue with a textbook
wayneflint is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #32
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

Oh yes and its no good for marathon runners basically for the same reason becquse after the first 10 seconds of the race the atp-pc system has contributed all it can for that race already and wont be able to contribute anymore, maybe you guys should consult a nutritionist n pay out of ur teeth for the priveledge of the advice, or would you argue then aswell? even though you clearly arent qualified and dont know what your talking about? No you'd stfu then because youve got no computer to hide behind while making yourself look stupid in a nutritionists office have you?

The self proclaimed experts on these forums make me laugh, just a bunch of google know it all's
wayneflint is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #33
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 500
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneflint View Post
Dealt with more water means your body must work harder to maintain temps this is basic anat phys id love to see these studys that defy every other modern textbook lol the guys doing that test must have gotten some looks lol. and to repeat myself yet again, creatine has no effects after the first 10 seconds of every round, if that. Your body has no interest in stockpiling cp its always there for the chemical energy system to continue turning over and it certainly doesnt replenish atp at a faster rate if cp stores are fuller, all those statements are incorrect, if you wanna argue more i suggest you argue with a textbook
Higher levels of free creatine help resynthesize PCr and higher levels of PCr provide more substrate for generating ATP during high-intensity exercise. Research is conclusive, creatine is one of the safest and most effective supplements. There are plenty of studies demonstrating that creatine supplementation can improve repeat sprint ability through the mechanism I mentioned.
I have plenty of up to date textbooks and they all say the same thing regarding creatine. Maybe you'll listen to The International Society of Sports Nutrition "Creatine monohydrate is the most effective ergogenic nutritional supplement currently available to athletes in terms of increasing high-intensity exercise capacity".
You don't just use the PCr system for 10 seconds and then it doesn't work again for 5 hours.

This study shows that creatine aids in thermoregulation:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

how about this one:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You've gotta read this one:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you want to argue I suggest you try reading your textbook and understanding that basic anatomy (?...did you mean physiology?) first
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #34
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 500
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneflint View Post
Oh yes and its no good for marathon runners basically for the same reason becquse after the first 10 seconds of the race the atp-pc system has contributed all it can for that race already and wont be able to contribute anymore, maybe you guys should consult a nutritionist n pay out of ur teeth for the priveledge of the advice, or would you argue then aswell? even though you clearly arent qualified and dont know what your talking about? No you'd stfu then because youve got no computer to hide behind while making yourself look stupid in a nutritionists office have you?

The self proclaimed experts on these forums make me laugh, just a bunch of google know it all's
Listen up prick, I wasn't rude to you in the first place, I just told you the correct information. You can argue all you want but you are 100% wrong and if you were a quarter as intelligent as you're trying to paint yourself you'd understand that. You have no idea about me or my credentials but I don't need to demonstrate that because all those nutritionists with PHD's who do the studies that influence what is in your textbooks will say the exact same thing as me. You should **** off before I embarrass you some more.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #35
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

You seem to be forgetting that my point was creatine has VERY LITTLE benefits to boxing i never said once it has NONE did i? so stop twisting my words to suit your arguement idiot, show me some studys that show excess water retention to have no effects on body temp n ill read it google genius, fact is i said taking creatine does little for boxing that eating balanced meals doesnt already do which is 100% fact and that you would be much better off doing regular intervals and semi reg long distance if your worried about your energy systems during boxing, this is another fact.

What can you say about this? Besides regurgitating studys you find online as a response? Nothing i said there is no point in loading on somthing that the body has next to no interest in stockpiling is just another money waste, this is also fact it seems you failed to pick up on these valid points i mentioned which leads me to beleave you have no basic knowledge of anat phys otheerwise you would have noted these statements but instead you continue to google studys that are just saying what ive been saying since my first post

So ill repeat myself yet again, after the first 10 seconds of every round there are very little benefits you would be much better off worrying about the other energy systems rather than loading on creatine.

Stop googling random creatine studys in response to my initial statement in order to seem clever and tackle my point and prove it as wrong like your trying to make out youve done. If you think you can do that then obviously you havent studied anat phys
wayneflint is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #36
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 500
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneflint View Post
You seem to be forgetting that my point was creatine has VERY LITTLE benefits to boxing i never said once it has NONE did i? so stop twisting my words to suit your arguement idiot, show me some studys that show excess water retention to have no effects on body temp n ill read it google genius, fact is i said taking creatine does little for boxing that eating balanced meals doesnt already do which is 100% fact and that you would be much better off doing regular intervals and semi reg long distance if your worried about your energy systems during boxing, this is another fact.

What can you say about this? Besides regurgitating studys you find online as a response? Nothing i said there is no point in loading on somthing that the body has next to no interest in stockpiling is just another money waste, this is also fact it seems you failed to pick up on these valid points i mentioned which leads me to beleave you have no basic knowledge of anat phys otheerwise you would have noted these statements but instead you continue to google studys that are just saying what ive been saying since my first post

So ill repeat myself yet again, after the first 10 seconds of every round there are very little benefits you would be much better off worrying about the other energy systems rather than loading on creatine.

Stop googling random creatine studys in response to my initial statement in order to seem clever and tackle my point and prove it as wrong like your trying to make out youve done. If you think you can do that then obviously you havent studied anat phys
FFS.. Are you serious? Those studies say exactly the opposite of what you were saying. Excess water retention does have an effect on body, as those studies mentioned creatine induced hyperhydration thereby resulting in a more efficient thermoregulatory response. In case you don't understand that it means that creatine has a positive effect on body temperature during exercise. You're regurgitating old myths that have been thoroughly disproven.
Whenever exercise intensity drops PCr is reformed by creatine kinase. Between rounds, between flurries of punches that happens. That resynthesizing of PCr means that anaerobic glycolysis (the main energy system during boxing) has more of a buffer. Energy systems are never turned off, they are all used at the same time in different ratios. Even marathon runners need the PCr system for when they are going up a hill or making a run at the finish line.
You talking about basic knowledge? There you go, I just gave you some so that's a start for you.
Since you want to talk why don't you refute what's in those studies and every other study that says the same thing? Don't try and backtrack and bluff your way out, you're straight out wrong so be a man and apologise. Also I already replied to your initial post you ****ing idiot.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #37
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

Lol your wrong during a marathon uphill and spurts to overtake has nothing to do with the cp system do your research retard, that was done after 10 seconds, which is what ive stated from the start more likely due to working below vo2max is what makes spurts and uphill possible during marathons, this is level3 anatomy and physiology material that ive studied.

Like i said from the start your regurgitating over and over what i said, inbetween rounds you get recovery so then the cp system gets a decent part at the beginning of every round but after 10 seconds its done, we all know the energy systems work all or non thats lvl1 anat phys.

I admit if youve found a study about body temps i may be wrong but experience is whats lead me to believe this to be true so yes maybe that was one false statement i made.

However my initial statements still remain true, i answered your question from my knowledge base, anyone cqn sit on google and nit pick at someones advice and go online to find adverse opinions, thats easy qnd doesnt take any knowledge.

I repeat i stated that cp has little effect during boxing after 10 seconds of each round which again is true and no one has posted a study to prove me wrong.

I stated that regular interval running and semi regular long distance would be a better priority in terms of energy system preparation over the cp system for boxing. No one has posted a study proving this statement to be wrong.

I then stated the body has little interest in mass storing cp and eating bqlanced meals will do the same
wayneflint is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #38
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

So yes from my knowledge base (not using google) i gave 3 bits of advice on this subject based on fact that still stand idiot get to work proving those statements wrong on google you tool.
. one based on experience that the google squad have debunked, fair enough like i said its very easy to pick other peoples posts to bits using google without stating anything real yourself just regurgitating other peoples study findings with the copy n paste crew, its a safe way to post, but im not fake and i dont need to photoshop bluff my knowledge, i post an answer based on my knowledge base. Like the forums area ment for. I dont sit here waiting for others to post instead and then get on google to try n prove it wrong in any tiny way possible, thats not true knowledge, infact its a bit sad and pathetic good luck with that.

You cant take ur laptop n google shit in the gym though because youll look like a faggot. I think thats why we get an abundance of these guys in here because they cant go to the gyms lol
wayneflint is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #39
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

I love how anybody that references studies mustn't go to the gym. Cutt can vouch for my condition.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #40
withoutwire
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,257
vCash: 568
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

Don't feed the troll folks
withoutwire is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #41
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 500
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneflint View Post
Lol your wrong during a marathon uphill and spurts to overtake has nothing to do with the cp system do your research retard, that was done after 10 seconds, which is what ive stated from the start more likely due to working below vo2max is what makes spurts and uphill possible during marathons, this is level3 anatomy and physiology material that ive studied.

Like i said from the start your regurgitating over and over what i said, inbetween rounds you get recovery so then the cp system gets a decent part at the beginning of every round but after 10 seconds its done, we all know the energy systems work all or non thats lvl1 anat phys.

I admit if youve found a study about body temps i may be wrong but experience is whats lead me to believe this to be true so yes maybe that was one false statement i made.

However my initial statements still remain true, i answered your question from my knowledge base, anyone cqn sit on google and nit pick at someones advice and go online to find adverse opinions, thats easy qnd doesnt take any knowledge.

I repeat i stated that cp has little effect during boxing after 10 seconds of each round which again is true and no one has posted a study to prove me wrong.

I stated that regular interval running and semi regular long distance would be a better priority in terms of energy system preparation over the cp system for boxing. No one has posted a study proving this statement to be wrong.

I then stated the body has little interest in mass storing cp and eating bqlanced meals will do the same
Nothing you have said has even been close to what is well established fact. No one has to post a study to prove you are wrong, if you could read your physiology book that would tell you you're wrong. Energy systems don't work all or none, they all work all the time in different proportions. They don't ****ing turn off after so and so amount of time. Every quick maximal acceleration is going to rely heavily on the ATP-PCr system, talk to any exercise physiologist and they'll tell that the sprint to the finish line in a marathon is relying heavily on the PCr system. Creatine loading is the same as carb loading for your PCr system. Creatine is a substrate found in food but you'd have to eat unfeasible amounts of foods to get the amount that you get from supplementation and the same benefits. Not everybody responds to creatine but a lot of people do and there is mountains of research supporting its safety and efficacy. I don't know what this level 1 level 3 anatomy physiology nonsense is that you're talking about but you should get a refund because you don't know shit. The **** do you mean the body has little interest in mass storing creatine? You supplement with creatine and your creatine stores increase and you can get performance benefits, you simply cannot dispute that. Where do you live? Contact the most well respected sports nutritionist at the most elite athlete training facility around and ask them about creatine. You should use google you assclown, you don't even have a clue about how energy systems work so you might learn something
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #42
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 500
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneflint View Post
So yes from my knowledge base (not using google) i gave 3 bits of advice on this subject based on fact that still stand idiot get to work proving those statements wrong on google you tool.
. one based on experience that the google squad have debunked, fair enough like i said its very easy to pick other peoples posts to bits using google without stating anything real yourself just regurgitating other peoples study findings with the copy n paste crew, its a safe way to post, but im not fake and i dont need to photoshop bluff my knowledge, i post an answer based on my knowledge base. Like the forums area ment for. I dont sit here waiting for others to post instead and then get on google to try n prove it wrong in any tiny way possible, thats not true knowledge, infact its a bit sad and pathetic good luck with that.

You cant take ur laptop n google shit in the gym though because youll look like a faggot. I think thats why we get an abundance of these guys in here because they cant go to the gyms lol
hurrr.. keyboard warriors if they smart they not strong hurrdy huurddy.

You're pathetic pal, you come along talking out of your arse, get called out on your ignorance and this is what you come up with? That because I'm not a retarded cunt like you I don't go to the gym? You don't have a knowledge base, you're citing myths from the 70's acting like a know-it-all cunt. What's wrong with copying and pasting a study? That's not just anecdotal or hearsay 'knowledge' but showing proof and sharing with everybody else to learn if they don't know. That's what the forums should be for. Do yourself a favour and **** off, you look more pathetic with every post you make.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #43
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: kent
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 1323
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

I don't take creatine because I want to stay natural.
Smudger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #44
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
I don't take creatine because I want to stay natural.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #45
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: Creatine for boxers. Thoughts?

The last thing people should do is shun those that are posting scientific studies. With the amount of literature that we have out there, we'd be stupid to neglect it; posting studies that some people may be unaware of is great for the forum, it helps broaden our knowledge. One of the reasons I post on bodybuilding.com forums regularly is because it has become more of a science-orientated forum, people will post studies and others will maybe point out some limitations within the study that effect the applicability of a study to certain populations.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013