Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #106
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773
Default Re: Vlad Klitschko vs the following

God i thought all the Wlad nuthuggers would not be on classic, guess its just the way he fights, into round 5 it feels like he's been retired for a few months and can be talked about on classic
Theron is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #107
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
God i thought all the Wlad nuthuggers would not be on classic, guess its just the way he fights, into round 5 it feels like he's been retired for a few months and can be talked about on classic
Yes, he's boring as ****.

People said the same thing about Holmes and Monzon, too. His effectiveness intrigues me but I rarely am compelled to re-watch his fights.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #108
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Because Brock, Ibragimov, Peter, Haye, Chagaev, Byrd, Chambers and Thompson were not "decent". They had no background in the sport nor credibility upon which to stand. Surely, you or I could topple them on a good night.

Oh, and what happened to Brewster the next time they met? Did he forget how simple it was to merely go to the body?
Who has Brock ever beat?. He never held a title. Whats decent about him?

Niether men did anything in the Ibragimov fight. Waste of peoples time.

What did Peter do? Beat fat ex MW James Toney? After his loss to Chambers , he beat 4 bottom feeders to earn himself a fight with Wlad... Marcus McGee...Ronald Bellamy...Gabe Brown and Naggy Aguilera??.
He was flattened by Helenius who got bullied and beaten by Chisora who Wlad wanted no part of.

Chambers was a CW with a weak chin and weaker fists.

Thompson was a walking meatsack who barley threw a punch for 6 rounds and was there only to collect a loser check. Who did he beat to earn a shot?...

Haye was a joke fight. Both men were terrified of each other. One was a SH the other a CW.

Chagaev was a hospital patient who failed every medical to fight David Haye in England.

Wach and Mormeck didn't deserve to even be on the undercard, let alone fighting for the Titles.

They dont come close to being considered "decent opponents"
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #109
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Who has Brock ever beat?. He never held a title. Whats decent about him?
Dangerous unbeaten contender. Beat McCline who was coming off a title shot and good performance against Byrd. Beat an unbeaten Timur Imbragimov. Wlad pretty much ended his career.

Quote:
Niether men did anything in the Ibragimov fight. Waste of peoples time.
Horribly boring fight which Wlad controlled pretty much every second. Sometimes it really does take two to fight but I am not going to be overly critical of a champion who whitewashes a highly thought-of, undefeated contender.

Quote:
What did Peter do? Beat fat ex MW James Toney? After his loss to Chambers , he beat 4 bottom feeders to earn himself a fight with Wlad... Marcus McGee...Ronald Bellamy...Gabe Brown and Naggy Aguilera??.
Yes, Peter beat the guy who took out a still relevant Holyfield but that was AFTER Wlad beat him the first time. Peter also beat McCline and Maskaev. Put that together and it's more impressive than other supposedly dangerous power punches of the past who represented good defenses... see Shavers and Cleveland Williams.

Quote:
Chambers was a CW with a weak chin and weaker fists.
Oddly enough, the fighter most relevant to those who worship the heavies of the past. A cutie, slick, quick... he would still have been a good sized heavy pre-1970.

Quote:
Haye was a joke fight. Both men were terrified of each other. One was a SH the other a CW.
The only joke was Haye's ball-less performance. Wlad was just the superior operator the entire fight. Haye finally felt brave enough to open up when he could smell the finish line. Had he done so earlier, he would not have made it to the 12th. Wlad again takes down the most dangerous contender available.

I am sensing a trend here...
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #110
JennaJisAhoe

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
15 rounds.

Holyfield - Holyfield by TKO
Buster Douglas - Douglas by decision
Tyson - Tyson by KO
*Foreman-Old version - Wlad by decison

Razor Ruddock - Wlad by decision
Witherspoon - Wlad by TKO
Holmes - Holmes by decision
Bonecrusher Smith - Smith by TKO
Pinklon Thomas - Thomas by decision
Coetzee - Wlad by KO
Greg Page - Page by decision
Dokes - Wlad by TKO
Weaver - Wlad by TKO

Ali - Ali by decision
Liston - Liston by TKO
Norton - Wlad by TKO
Lyle - Lyle by decision
*Foreman-Young version - Foreman by TKO
Jimmy Young - Young by decision

Walcott - Walcott by decision
Charles - Wlad by KO
Rex Layne 34-1-1 version - Wlad by KO

Schmeling - Schmeling by decision
Max Baer - Baer by TKO

Tunney - Tunney by decision
Dempsey - Dempsey by TKO
Johnson - Johnson by decision
Jeffires - Jeffries by TKO
Sullivan - Wlad by TKO

Wlad is dangerous against good fighters and will normally dominate mediocre opposition, but he will implode against strong-minded fighters of similar overall ability and will be stopped by most of the Úlite.

I see his size getting him past Charles, Layne, Sullivan, Norton, Weaver, Dokes, Coetzee, Witherspoon, Ruddock and old Foreman.
Dempsey and Tunney were both almost light heavyweights and half a 60 pounds size disadvantage. And you have them beating Klitschko.
And Bonecrusher Smith beats Klitschko?
JennaJisAhoe is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #111
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

And Wlad never once fell brave enough to go for the knock out he had promised the boxing world. Not once. If he had , he might not of made it to the final dong. This is a man who was staggering everywhere from a single jab from Brewster early in the fight.

The only ball less performance was by the bigger, taller and stronger super heavy.

You can dress the Timur Imbragimov's and Beat McCline's all you want, fact is they never made an imprint on the sport and are equal in standing to the names on Wlads record.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #112
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
And Wlad never once fell brave enough to go for the knock out he had promised the boxing world. Not once. If he had , he might not of made it to the final dong. This is a man who was staggering everywhere from a single jab from Brewster early in the fight.

The only ball less performance was by the bigger, taller and stronger super heavy.

You can dress the Timur Imbragimov's and Beat McCline's all you want, fact is they never made an imprint on the sport and are equal in standing to the names on Wlads record.
Funnily enough I find myself agreeing with this and the previous post you made. Haye fighting only to survive can indeed be called balless but on the flipside it doesn't say much for the bigger, taller, stronger, heavier and more expierenced man not doing a whole lot either.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #113
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaJisAhoe View Post
Dempsey and Tunney were both almost light heavyweights and half a 60 pounds size disadvantage. And you have them beating Klitschko.
And Bonecrusher Smith beats Klitschko?
Some of Prime's picks are way off. Page and Smith to defeat Wlad via points?
Young and Johnson to defeat Wlad via points? Horrible picks.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #114
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadcapMaxie View Post
Funnily enough I find myself agreeing with this and the previous post you made. Haye fighting only to survive can indeed be called balless but on the flipside it doesn't say much for the bigger, taller, stronger, heavier and more expierenced man not doing a whole lot either.
Haye didn't just fight to survive, but then he also wasn't prepared to put himself at undue risk to get the win, which I suppose boils down to the same thing in the end. To blame Wlad for that, though, is not only ludicrously unfair but doesn't take into account the fact that the reason Haye didn't do much of anything was because Wlad was keeping him at the end of his jab and totally limiting his offensive options. You can call it boring, and it mostly is, but it's also kept him winning fight after fight for the last eight years, and when you've got a winning formula it'd be foolish not to stick to it, especially at this level of the sport.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #115
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Some of Prime's picks are way off. Page and Smith to defeat Wlad via points?
Young and Johnson to defeat Wlad via points? Horrible picks.
Until we see Wlad comprehensively outboxed by a smaller fighter we won't know what level of skill or ability is needed to accomplish the task.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but history has shown that if you don't stop Wlad at some point you're most likely losing on the cards.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #116
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
Until we see Wlad comprehensively outboxed by a smaller fighter we won't know what level of skill or ability is needed to accomplish the task.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but history has shown that if you don't stop Wlad at some point you're most likely losing on the cards.
Right. I think Byrd and Chambers were skilled, they just could not cope with Wlad's skills, power, and size. Neither could Ibragimov or Haye. The cards are never close with Wlad once the final bell rings.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #117
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

I make no excuses for Haye , but both men were as bad as each other.

It was Wlads duty being in his home town , in front of all his fans and after all the shit talk from Haye over 4 years to at least even attempt to carry out what he had promised. Instead he fought the safest fight he could when he had every advantage over the smaller man with only 3 HW fights.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #118
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

It was Wlads duty being in his home town , in front of all his fans and after all the shit talk from Haye over 4 years to at least even attempt to carry out what he had promised. Instead he fought the safest fight he could when he had every advantage over the smaller man with only 3 HW fights.

I completely agree. A few things in Wlad's favor, Haye is an ambush fighter, he backs off and tries to get you to walk on to his power. Also there was so much pride on the line because of the history between the two, that unless you are confident in your ability to take damage, walking Haye down is not a good idea. Both are aware of their own shortcomings and so it played out as it did, they let themselves down in that fight regardless.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #119
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Except one man won damn near every round.

Wlad is never going to put (American) asses in seats like Tyson, but neither is Andre Ward going to like Marvin Hagler. I am not in love with Wlad's style at all, especially growing up with guys like Tyson and Hagler as my heroes. However, I am not misguided enough to discount what a remarkable run he has had with that style.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #120
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
Haye didn't just fight to survive, but then he also wasn't prepared to put himself at undue risk to get the win, which I suppose boils down to the same thing in the end. To blame Wlad for that, though, is not only ludicrously unfair but doesn't take into account the fact that the reason Haye didn't do much of anything was because Wlad was keeping him at the end of his jab and totally limiting his offensive options. You can call it boring, and it mostly is, but it's also kept him winning fight after fight for the last eight years, and when you've got a winning formula it'd be foolish not to stick to it, especially at this level of the sport.
Wlad did what a fighter was supposed to do and win, however it does little for his credibility and legacy the fact that despite being much bigger, stronger, taller, heavier, more exp. fighter compared to Haye and despite Haye's trash talking, and Wlad promising for a knockout he basically won by default, simply by using his jab and the occasional right hand to keep the much smaller man at bay. This against an ex cruiser who was nearly KO'd by an ex Middle and KO'd by someone not even regarded as a puncher.

Seeing such a timid and cagey performance against an opponent like Haye gives me little hope and reassurance that Wlad could hang in there with guys like Holmes, Bowe and Ali. Guys who had serious heart and grit who were willing to put themselves on the line in order to win. If Wlad fought like that against Haye how would he react to bulldozers like Tyson and Foreman or even a guy like Morrison?
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum