Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #31
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: I Want to Become a Slickster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Probably because of the many techniques there are, also ive noticed Physio,s are not keen on it for some reason, that worried me for a while. Then meeting an Osteopath or two I understood why .
There's not many techniques, there's ballistic, static, dynamic and PNF. There's a shit ton of research on all techniques, PNF is easily the most beneficial and that's what elite athletes use.

Spill the beans on your physio/osteo story then..
dealt_with is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #32
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Lamotta View Post
Scrap how many times a week would you advice stretching and how long for?
Routine I do takes80 minutes twice a week, we go through the Body, Head to Foot.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #33
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Lamotta View Post
Scrap how many times a week would you advice stretching and how long for?
Don't waste your time, here's a good article on stretching:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #34
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
There's not many techniques, there's ballistic, static, dynamic and PNF. There's a shit ton of research on all techniques, PNF is easily the most beneficial and that's what elite athletes use.

Spill the beans on your physio/osteo story then..
It might upset Physios,
scrap is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #35
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

scrap, you're actually one of the people who helped me up my whole overall athletic ability by starting up yoga. I know a lot of people don't understand what you say, but some of the stuff, once understood like "what is a better neuro response, tickle or slap".

To everybody saying stretching is necessary, I used to say the same, but try a full body stretch for more than 60 minutes or a yoga session and you'll notice a difference. I don't mean to stretch right before you workout to warm you up or something like that. I mean a real session with the intent on increasing your range of motion. It'll give you balance, full range of motion, quickness, fluidity, and core strength.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #36
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
scrap, you're actually one of the people who helped me up my whole overall athletic ability by starting up yoga. I know a lot of people don't understand what you say, but some of the stuff, once understood like "what is a better neuro response, tickle or slap".

To everybody saying stretching is necessary, I used to say the same, but try a full body stretch for more than 60 minutes or a yoga session and you'll notice a difference. I don't mean to stretch right before you workout to warm you up or something like that. I mean a real session with the intent on increasing your range of motion. It'll give you balance, full range of motion, quickness, fluidity, and core strength.
Its all about peoples agendas and insecurities its sad. But thats life . Ive been fortunate in life and nosy wondering about Why, Fortunate in coming in contact, with the cream of Sports science practitioners, who pop in to see me and have a natter, see what Im up too. Tell me the latest disasters that have occured. I pretty much work across the Board in Sport now, up to now I havent had a failure yet T/W. Main theme is stretching, if there isnt one for the problem, I will make one up. Keep stretching
scrap is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #37
123ko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Yeah I don't where you get this from, that's not even close to being true. A lot of top athletes don't stretch at all and there's no research anywhere to suggest they should. That old stretch to prevent injuries nonsense was thrown out decades ago. There's also no evidence to suggest it helps recovery as far as I'm aware of. I'd love to know how it helps muscle contractions and alignment as well. Acute static stretching inhibits muscular contractions.

stretching warms up the muscles to give stretch ability so the surrounding tissue & ligaments don't tear under stress

every single athlete is tort to stretch before exercise if you don't believe this your a coach potato & no nothing
123ko is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #38
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123ko View Post
stretching warms up the muscles to give stretch ability so the surrounding tissue & ligaments don't tear under stress

every single athlete is tort to stretch before exercise if you don't believe this your a coach potato & no nothing
Welcome to 1980
Old 01-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #39
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Its all about peoples agendas and insecurities its sad. But thats life . Ive been fortunate in life and nosy wondering about Why, Fortunate in coming in contact, with the cream of Sports science practitioners, who pop in to see me and have a natter, see what Im up too. Tell me the latest disasters that have occured. I pretty much work across the Board in Sport now, up to now I havent had a failure yet T/W. Main theme is stretching, if there isnt one for the problem, I will make one up. Keep stretching
No, you talk about stretching and its alleged benefits. You do not know, all the research is saying the opposite to what you are so please tell me how one person (you) somehow knows something different that makes all the research on stretching insignificant. You quoted a study from 1989 in the creatine thread so forgive me if I don't take your word as gospel. I'd love to know how your apparent esoteric knowledge is going to upset physios. Yeah there's a conspiracy and all the physios try to actually harm their clients
Old 01-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #40
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No, you talk about stretching and its alleged benefits. You do not know, all the research is saying the opposite to what you are so please tell me how one person (you) somehow knows something different that makes all the research on stretching insignificant. You quoted a study from 1989 in the creatine thread so forgive me if I don't take your word as gospel. I'd love to know how your apparent esoteric knowledge is going to upset physios. Yeah there's a conspiracy and all the physios try to actually harm their clients
Read the Paper, and Found nothing that relates to anything Specific, in Terms of what Ive found. You Test against specific routine. At this time I cant see anything to change my views on Stretching, Body Rehab. With the results I get, I would be a fool to. But will keep adding as I go.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #41
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Read the Paper, and Found nothing that relates to anything Specific, in Terms of what Ive found. You Test against specific routine. At this time I cant see anything to change my views on Stretching, Body Rehab. With the results I get, I would be a fool to. But will keep adding as I go.
What results are you getting? Increased flexibility? If you're getting results for those things you've claimed then what are you doing differently that nobody else can replicate during hundreds, probably thousands of studies.
There's more of a view now of strengthening before doing any stretching/flexibility training during rehab which makes more sense. Post your physio conspiracy, why mention it if you're not going to tell the story?
Old 01-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #42
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What results are you getting? Increased flexibility? If you're getting results for those things you've claimed then what are you doing differently that nobody else can replicate during hundreds, probably thousands of studies.
There's more of a view now of strengthening before doing any stretching/flexibility training during rehab which makes more sense. Post your physio conspiracy, why mention it if you're not going to tell the story?
I will put something up in the next couple of week. On the stuff, well some of it, that Im doing, it might re educate you, it has everybody else.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #43
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I will put something up in the next couple of week. On the stuff, well some of it, that Im doing, it might re educate you, it has everybody else.
Yeah I seriously doubt that, but please go ahead. I don't think you understand how the scientific method works at all.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #44
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah I seriously doubt that, but please go ahead. I don't think you understand how the scientific method works at all.
Think I do, been round it long enough.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #45
123ko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Welcome to 1980

the injury's reveal the truth