Old 01-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #31
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Really why don't you think about the question dumbshit...

QUESTION: I've start doing 100 Burpees a day in 5 sets of 20, working up to 2 sets of 50 then adding another set to make it 3 sets of 50 a day. Also doing a few rounds of padwork a day with a training partner. I run 3.5 miles every second day but i feel like this isn't working should i be doing sprint intervals instead ?

And im saying well maybe you should try doing it the way they did back then instead of sprinting ect and all the other crap they do now cause as you say its not working and back then they had better stamina...
Yeah and look at the pathetic intensity they fought at back then, it's easy to have stamina for 100 rounds when you're crawling around.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #32
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
I was qouting your incredibly stupid statement that: "scientific advances arent good for boxing cause nowdays boxers get tired quicker"
Think next time.
So if Marvin Hagler ran in army boots 15 miles every day so should i right?Cause obviously it worked for him.
Who had better stamina Marvin Hagler or the best Middleweight you can think of fighting nowadays... obviously scientific advances arent working for boxing, and this guy says doing all these modern things arent working for him soooo.....
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #33
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Yeah and look at the pathetic intensity they fought at back then, it's easy to have stamina for 100 rounds when you're crawling around.
Are you ****ing kidding me or just trolling? cause that may be one of the stupidest things i have ever heard, nowadays they are slow fat slobs even at lower weights back in the 20's 30's ect they could go for aslong as they needed not anymore they would be completely outworked by the old fighter, can you even name one fighter from before the 80's i bet not...
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #34
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Are you ****ing kidding me or just trolling? cause that may be one of the stupidest things i have ever heard, nowadays they are slow fat slobs even at lower weights back in the 20's 30's ect they could go for aslong as they needed not anymore they would be completely outworked by the old fighter, can you even name one fighter from before the 80's i bet not...
I can name hundreds. Enjoy those nostalgia glasses, time has passed on and you'll disappear with the dinosaurs you idolise. I'm guessing you don't know anything about physiology, there's a big difference between fighting at the intensity of a David Haye compared to a Joe Louis. Any boxer today could train like a marathon runner and be a slow fighter that can go forever but the thing is knowledge advances, that slow endurance, volume fighter would get blown away by a powerful, explosive guy who can fight at a high intensity for a short time. Enjoy living in the past.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:04 AM   #35
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I can name hundreds. Enjoy those nostalgia glasses, time has passed on and you'll disappear with the dinosaurs you idolise. I'm guessing you don't know anything about physiology, there's a big difference between fighting at the intensity of a David Haye compared to a Joe Louis. Any boxer today could train like a marathon runner and be a slow fighter that can go forever but the thing is knowledge advances, that slow endurance, volume fighter would get blown away by a powerful, explosive guy who can fight at a high intensity for a short time. Enjoy living in the past.
Yeah guys like Jack Dempsey and Tony Zale were not explosive at all...
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 AM   #36
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah guys like Jack Dempsey and Tony Zale were not explosive at all...

Of course they're not explosive. Dempsey moves like Valuev and he'd only be a cruiserweight these days. Just look at how they fought back then, no defence and sloppy punching, if you think boxing hasn't progressed since then you're out of your mind. Look at Zale vs Cerdan, taking in turns to punch, no feints, no defence, clinch after every combination. Take those glasses off old man. Actually maybe you need to put some on
Old 01-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #37
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
Who had better stamina Marvin Hagler or the best Middleweight you can think of fighting nowadays... obviously scientific advances arent working for boxing, and this guy says doing all these modern things arent working for him soooo.....
Get your head out of your ass.Sports science has evolved A LOT,and if somebody is doing things old fashioned way,good luck to them cause they are going to need it.

Last edited by pecho26; 01-09-2013 at 07:32 AM.
pecho26 is online now  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #38
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Roadwork is probably the key but it doesnt have to be achieved with running yu can perfrom interval training doing anything.

Skipping, Cycling, Swimming, you can incorporate high intensity into your gym training easy without running but combined with running will be even better, Burpees can also be part of it.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #39
P.4.P.G.O.A.T.
Q Boro Killa Bee
ESB Addict

vCash: 13418

HIIT everything from burpees to bag to rope. On roadwork days do a regular workout. On non roadwork days to a full workout consisting of only tabatas.
P.4.P.G.O.A.T. is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #40
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Of course they're not explosive. Dempsey moves like Valuev and he'd only be a cruiserweight these days. Just look at how they fought back then, no defence and sloppy punching, if you think boxing hasn't progressed since then you're out of your mind. Look at Zale vs Cerdan, taking in turns to punch, no feints, no defence, clinch after every combination. Take those glasses off old man. Actually maybe you need to put some on
If you say Dempsey had no defence your talkng out of your ass and probably only seen the Willard fight Nat Fleischer and many other boxing historians and trainers talk about his defence his bobbing and weaving and unless your saying you know more about boxing than historians and trainers like Burt Sugar Nat Fleischer Ray Arcel ect ect then your talking out your ass...and Zale's prime was with him in the 4 years in the army dumbass and if you actually watch Zale would shoulder roll some rights ect especially in the 3rd Graziano match maybe he didn't do it in the Cerdan fight because umm lets see his shoulder and elbow were completely ****ed and wasn't the same from war inactivity age ect, and wtf are you talking about im 27 years old... Is that old to you?.. And listen dumbass explosive dosent mean your explosive for the whole fight it mean explosive punches quick left hooks ''explosive'' punches not fighting explosive for the whole fight i think you needa learn abit more, explosive dosent mean how they move for the whole fight its how they punch ffs, example leaping left hooks , quick hard punches for a very short period of time

Last edited by Theron; 01-09-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #41
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Of course they're not explosive. Dempsey moves like Valuev and he'd only be a cruiserweight these days.
And if you transported fighters from nowadays to back then theyde be lighter too... use your head man. And apart from your unbelievably stupid ''explosive'' comment i dont know what to say to you... Just another dumb kid who thinks he know everything... why are fighters of the past always ranked higher than fighters of now, could manny pac beat henry armstrong - nope, could could bernard hopkins beat Charley Burley - nope ect ect
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #42
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No feints ect ect hah, Charley Burley could feint an opponent into knotts with his eyes only and Bob Fitszimmons who i really hope you know fought way back before dempsey ect and burley was a master feinter as well better than anyone today and was the hardest hitting middleweight of all time and his nutrition was what what he felt like eating along with his ROAD WORK yet he faced heavies and won the heavyweight title while still weighing 156 pounds... yeah modern fighters are better...

Id like to see Bernard hopkins knock Wlad Kiltschko or Vitali klitscko down for a 10 count with a BODYSHOT...

Last edited by Theron; 01-09-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #43
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
Get your head out of your ass.Sports science has evolved A LOT,and if somebody is doing things old fashioned way,good luck to them cause they are going to need it.
Name one fighter today who has more stamina than Henry Armstrong? huh
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #44
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Name one modern heavyweight who was quicker than Ali or Floyd Patterson?
Name one Cruiserweight that can hit harder than Marciano or Dempsey
Name one heavyweight or cruiserweight that has more stamina than Rocky marciano

If all this modern shit is so good why aren't these guys today better than the ''old'' guys of the past...
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #45
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No feints ect ect hah, Charley Burley could feint an opponent into knotts with his eyes only and Bob Fitszimmons who i really hope you know fought way back before dempsey ect and burley was a master feinter as well better than anyone today and was the hardest hitting middleweight of all time and his nutrition was what what he felt like eating along with his ROAD WORK yet he faced heavies and won the heavyweight title while still weighing 156 pounds... yeah modern fighters are better...

Id like to see Bernard hopkins knock Wlad Kiltschko or Vitali klitscko down for a 10 count with a BODYSHOT...
That just tells you how average boxing was back then that a 156 pound fighter could win the heavyweight title. Corbett weighed 184 pounds as well, he could've made light heavyweight if he wanted to. How on earth would that be the equivalent of Hopkins stopping a Klitschko with a body shot? That would be closer to being Haye stopping a Klit with a body shot, it's not exactly unbelievable is it.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing