Frankie Edgar TKO 0 0%
Frankie Edgar Sub 0 0%
Frankie Edgar UD 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #16
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Aldo v Edgar

Edgar by decision, assuming he can be the same fighter at FW as he was at LW I see him taking Aldo to deeper waters than he`s even been & drowning him... well, outworking him to a hard fought decision at least.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #17
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

A lot depends on Aldo's strategy.. Aldo may be worried about the pace, that means he may gamble and try for leg kicks early, which is a huuge gamble given Edgar's gnp.. If Edgar ends up catching a leg and taking Aldo to the ground, likely going to suck a lot out of Aldo for the championship rounds. I think he may try to land leg kicks in like the last minute of the first two rounds and test standup.

Otherwise, Aldo might try to take Edgar down and control the pace, obviously at the same time inflicting serious damage. I think Aldo is on another level here.

Edgar's best chance is doing what he does.. That's pushing the fight forward, making it a scrappy inside fight, and taking Aldo to the ground when he can.. He has to control range, stay inside to box but beware of the freaking knees, or I think Aldo will eat his legs if he doesn't control distance and push Aldo backwards.

I like Edgar's chances, but I think at some point he's going to eat something HUUGE. If he survives, I could see him taking a UD.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #18
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

frankie is tough,but Aldo has head movement and changes levels, has speed, counters well and is the better stand up guy. Edgar needs to wrestle or it's an Aldo UD, the stamina wont count if Frankie takes to much damage early
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #19
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
frankie is tough,but Aldo has head movement and changes levels, has speed, counters well and is the better stand up guy. Edgar needs to wrestle or it's an Aldo UD, the stamina wont count if Frankie takes to much damage early
I like both guys, don't feel confident in either pick. I slightly favor Edgar because I'm guessing that Frankie has enough confidence, and experience from fighting bigger guys will allow him to better deal with Aldo's power and utilize his own wrestling. If he can employ his strategy the first round and force a frantic pace where he doesn't take too much damage, he's gonna win.

Of course, Aldo isn't dangerous just because he's strong.. He's fast, and his techniques.. His techniques and timing are brutal, and a thing to behold. If he hurts Edgar he can finish him, or he might be able to pull a Cain, inflict a lot of damage early and just ride the tide, dictating the pace with his own power.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 05:35 AM   #20
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
I like both guys, don't feel confident in either pick. I slightly favor Edgar because I'm guessing that Frankie has enough confidence, and experience from fighting bigger guys will allow him to better deal with Aldo's power and utilize his own wrestling. If he can employ his strategy the first round and force a frantic pace where he doesn't take too much damage, he's gonna win.

Of course, Aldo isn't dangerous just because he's strong.. He's fast, and his techniques.. His techniques and timing are brutal, and a thing to behold. If he hurts Edgar he can finish him, or he might be able to pull a Cain, inflict a lot of damage early and just ride the tide, dictating the pace with his own power.
If Aldo beats Edgar and Aldo then wants to move up to Lightweight coz he has difficulty making the weight, what a Super Fight we would then have between him and Benson Henderson.

It would be interesting to see if Aldo's leg kicks have much effect on Benson's tree trunk thighs.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #21
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Aldos reach knowledge is to much for Edgar to handle
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #22
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
A lot depends on Aldo's strategy.. Aldo may be worried about the pace, that means he may gamble and try for leg kicks early, which is a huuge gamble given Edgar's gnp.. If Edgar ends up catching a leg and taking Aldo to the ground, likely going to suck a lot out of Aldo for the championship rounds. I think he may try to land leg kicks in like the last minute of the first two rounds and test standup.

Otherwise, Aldo might try to take Edgar down and control the pace, obviously at the same time inflicting serious damage. I think Aldo is on another level here.

Edgar's best chance is doing what he does.. That's pushing the fight forward, making it a scrappy inside fight, and taking Aldo to the ground when he can.. He has to control range, stay inside to box but beware of the freaking knees, or I think Aldo will eat his legs if he doesn't control distance and push Aldo backwards.

I like Edgar's chances, but I think at some point he's going to eat something HUUGE. If he survives, I could see him taking a UD.
Great things, Great moments, lie ahead. The bell sounds and I see Jose Aldo LANDING a HARD leg kick soon after, if Frankie Edgar isn't able to put hands on him soon after, he will have a hard time getting on the inside. Great footwork and hands Frankie Edgar has, but what good will those tools if that Thai Boxer is walking through you?? Can't wait.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #23
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Aldo sounds warning to Edgar
Posted: January 7, 2013

Jose Aldo (21-1) thinks Frankie “The Answer” Edgar (14-3) will find things a bit different at featherweight. One of the top pound-for-pound fighters in MMA, “Scarface” hasn’t lost in eight years. And speaking to MMA Junkie, he sounds focused on taking his winning streak to 15 in next month’s superfight at UFC 156.

“Initially, I wanted UFC to keep the fight because I really wanted to fight Frankie. I would have liked it to be in Brazil because of the fan factor. Everybody rooting for you is a very important factor. But Las Vegas is going to be great … Frankie puts a lot of pressure on the opponent. He moves about a lot. He fought at a higher category where it isn’t so explosive. In featherweight, there’s a lot of movement, a lot of explosion. Now he’s going to fight people with the same kind of training and explosion that he has.”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU HOMEBOY

BORKED

Last edited by BobDigi5060; 01-08-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: [yt][/yt]
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #24
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
If Aldo beats Edgar and Aldo then wants to move up to Lightweight coz he has difficulty making the weight, what a Super Fight we would then have between him and Benson Henderson.

It would be interesting to see if Aldo's leg kicks have much effect on Benson's tree trunk thighs.
Edgar beat Henderson in that last fight IMO.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #25
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
That is a fair call, but in the public's mind, if Aldo beats Edgar, then moves up to fight Henderson, it will be a very appealing match up.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #26
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Aldo TKO early

Chad Mendes style
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #27
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Henderson isnt Aldo
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #28
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

Aldo via better stand up.
KO.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum