Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #167
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: JDS: " i can KnockOut Wladimir Klitschko"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinja View Post
For you to suggest cain and jds are not a vast evolution from sylvia is laughable.

Laughable in what way exactly? That is exactly what i am saying.

JDS has zero defensive boxing or movement and his entire offence consists of one two's. Doesn't grapple, just wants to stand and box. Uses face to block punches.

Cain just shoots for takedowns constantly, good wrestler, Muay Thai, boxing, not so much. Both gassed horribly and look one dimensional. Cain has also been knocked the **** out just as badly as Sylvia ever was.

That would be the visual evidence.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #168
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Siggas is always a class act
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #169
don owens
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

maybe he meant to say he sees a lot of hoes. as for knocking out Klitschko, he should stick with seeing hoes. he's dreaming.
don owens is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #170
Sheikh
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Junior Dos Santos says he'd ko Klitschko

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

BURBANK, Calif. -- If Junior dos Santos ever ended up in the same ring as Wladimir Klitschko, the UFC's heavyweight champion is pretty sure he knows what he'd do to the biggest man in boxing.

"I could beat that guy, man," dos Santos said. "Maybe not easy, but I could knock him out."

It's not bravado or comedy from the unbeaten dos Santos, who has emerged as one of mixed martial arts' top attractions with an all-around game built on a foundation of stand-up fighting. The 6-foot-4 Brazilian bruiser is among the best boxers in his sport, and he's confident he could hold his own with Klitschko, the three-belt heavyweight champ.

Wladimir, the Klitschkos, they're amazing. I like to watch them fight, especially Wladimir, but it's kind of boring. They are really good at what they do, but they are very careful. They don't go to the fight to finish the fight. They stay there in that safe strategy all the time. It's not the Mike Tyson time. Guys don't finish fights.

-- Junior dos Santos
"I watch a lot of fights with Wladimir, and I see a lot of holes," dos Santos said, warming to the idea while he downs a 22-ounce steak with asparagus and mashed potatoes for lunch in a Burbank restaurant filled with well-dressed professionals from the film studios and media companies within walking distance.

"Wladimir, the Klitschkos, they're amazing," he added. "I like to watch them fight, especially Wladimir, but it's kind of boring. They are really good at what they do, but they are very careful. They don't go to the fight to finish the fight. They stay there in that safe strategy all the time. It's not the Mike Tyson time. Guys don't finish fights."

Dos Santos isn't starting a boxing career any time soon, however. He's preparing for his next title defense in a rematch with Cain Velasquez at UFC 155 in December, and he already has an eye on a 2013 showdown with Alistair Overeem, the suspended contender dos Santos labels "a liar."

"I love who I am, and I want to stay in MMA," he said. "Boxing is going down."

Dos Santos is emerging as a global MMA star, and he intends to raise his profile next year by spending more time in the U.S. He'll train more frequently in San Diego, the home to several expatriate Brazilian MMA luminaries, improving his already strong English and attempting to expand his fan base.

A part-time move to California also will allow dos Santos to improve his wrestling, which he freely acknowledges isn't the strongest aspect of his MMA game. Dos Santos has trouble finding suitable training partners for wrestling in Brazil, where jiu-jitsu and striking are kings.

The champion's tendency to hurt his training partners didn't help, either: One wrestler who was scheduled to spend six weeks in his camp last year made it through only three days before quitting.

"I'm having a hard time finding a guy like Cain to train with in Brazil," dos Santos said. "I want to take care of my career and learn everything."

Dos Santos has done nothing in his relatively short MMA career to suggest he's lacking any knowledge.

After a series of first-round knockouts and two gritty decision victories, he claimed the title in October 2011 with a brutal knockout of Velasquez 64 seconds into their bout in the UFC's first prime-time network show. Dos Santos followed it up with a second-round victory over Frank Mir in his first title defense, dominating the MMA veteran and former champ.

Follow us on Twitter
Don't miss a moment of the latest MMA coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join

Dos Santos initially was slated to defend his belt against Overeem last May, but the Dutch kickboxing champion tested positive for elevated testosterone levels, earning a suspension through December. If dos Santos beats Velasquez, his next defense is likely to be against Overeem -- and that doesn't sit well with the champ.

"He doesn't deserve to fight for the title," Overeem said. "He just failed the drug test. That's trash. That's very bad. He shouldn't fight for the title, but I want to fight with him. He lied. He lies a lot. I want that fight. I would enjoy to fight with him, but it doesn't mean he deserves to fight for the title."

He'll first give a rematch to Velasquez, even though the former Arizona State wrestler was steamrollered by dos Santos in his only career defeat. Dos Santos will begin his camp for Velasquez in Sao Paulo at the training complex of Corinthians, Brazil's richest soccer club, before flying to Las Vegas on Christmas Eve.

"Some people are asking me if the fight was too fast, but I don't think so," dos Santos said. "And if he gives me the opportunity again, it's going to be even faster."

Tickets went on sale for the UFC's traditional year-end Las Vegas show on Friday.

Until he gets a shot at a Klitschko, dos Santos will enjoy the smaller fruits of his MMA labor. He recently paid for surgery for his mother on her varicose veins, a memory that left him with a broad smile.

"That was one of those moments where you stop and say, 'Yeah, life is good for me,' " he said.

Wlad would murder him. any heavyweight contender would to, different sport.
Sheikh is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #171
Punisher73
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Junior Dos Santos says he'd ko Klitschko

In an MMA fight, yeah he could probably beat Klitschko. But, in a boxing match I don't see it.

He got lucky in the first fight with Velasquez with a looping punch. In their second fight, Velasquez out boxed him and stunned him at least once a round.

He's talking out of his rear end on this one.
Punisher73 is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #172
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

Wlad would KO him within two rounds.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #173
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3728

This is Old, JDS ain't even the HW champion anymore.
Inside a boxing ring He wouldn't last 2 RDs.

In an octagon JDS only wins IF he takes Klit down to the ground.
Stand-up is Stand-up. (Elbow aint landing on Wlad)
He would need kicks & any other MMA advantage.

But Klit with those mittens on...
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #174
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He got the living daylights beat out of him by Cain Velazquez recently
irishny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum