Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #2791
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan View Post
Hey, no worries! You don't owe us anything...........
Don't listen to this man Flea! Upload! Upload as though your life, and the lives of all you love, depended on it!
LittleRed is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #2792
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

:sweatshop:
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #2793
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just finished Chartchai Chionoi - Efren Torres, which I saw before some time ago, and scored it this time. Hard luck for Torres in this one. I had Chionoi coming out well, taking the first and scoring a solid knockdown in the second. Then Torres went on a tear, winning the next five rounds on my card, hurting Chionoi badly on a couple occasions along the way. I didn't score any of those rounds 10-8 for Torres, though at least one very well could have been.

This is where it got a little fuzzy for me, as I had to feed the kid and pay attention to that for a time, but I gave Chionoi the next three. I'm not totally confident in that, however. Then the next two to Torres before a huge cut is opened over El Alacran's left eye, and the boiut is halted in favor of Chionoi. Chionoi runs over to Torres' corner and hugs his legs in a sitting position, rather odd, but clearly acquiescing that he realizes he had just got very lucky indeed. At the time of the stoppage, I had Torres up 114-113.

Very, very good fight for those who haven't seen it.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #2794
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Marvin Hagler - Roberto Duran Had it 9-5-1 Hagler. I never see it being real close, yet it might be my favorite Duran effort (Dejesus II being up there). I just think it's a trememdous effort. A small guy with not much mobility anymore against the beastly Hagler. He definitely got Hagler's respect early with some right hands and it kept him from being overrun for 15 rounds. A very interesting point I picked up this viewing was that Hagler had better success from the orthodox stance. Maybe it influenced his disastrous decision to come out orthodox against Leonard. And Leonard surely picked up much from Duran's effort.

Juan Martin Coggi W12 Jose Luis Ramirez - Had 9-3 for Coggi and was probably being kind to Ramirez. Ramirez always intrigues me because I like his style but it seems as if the video is slowed down. He may have benefitted from an old school trainer smacking him around in the corner. Definitely a big puncher but maybe slightly overrated. He needed a guy to be there to be hit. I hold Mancini's near shutout against Ramirez in high regard as it seems he would've been made for Ramirez. Coggi threw a lot of "junk" at Ramirez but Ramirez just didn't seem able to pull the trigger much at this point in his career.
A funny sidenote (in a demented sort of way), as I read Sal talking about Gutteridge a few posts up. The announcer was Ian Darke, who I find useful on Barclay's Premier League telecasts. He was talking about Coggi's countrymen Monzon. He indicated Monzon was a guest of the President (in prison at the time I gathered). "For ejecting his wife from his house. Unfortunately it was from a fourth story window".

Donald Curry TKO2 James Green - Green appeared overmatched here but seemed to be accidentally thumbed in the 2nd round. It was some Texas justice (Curry's home state) from the ref. Green stoppd fighting for a moment and the ref just stopped the fight. Probably letter of the law stuff, but he could have at least checked the eye and asked Green if he wanted to continue.

Edwin Rosario TKO2 Livingstone Bramble - Bramble also complained of a thumb, but I think he just got bombed out. The peek a boo style didn't fly against the heavy handed Rosario. This fight in particular led me to believe Rosario had a shot against Chavez. Chavez's technical skill and underrated defense were key differences though.

Marvin Hagler TKO3 Tommy Hearns - Impossible to overrate this fight. Tommy made some tactical mistakes I think, but in reality they probably just delayed the inevitable. A more controlled effort with plenty of jabs and straight righthands would have gotten him into the championship rounds with a lead I believe. But Tommy's legs were shaky early in this one and I don't think he would have seen the final bell. Tommy got very wide with his punches in this fight.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #2795
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Curry looked realy sharp there.That was when he should have stayed at 154.
lora is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #2796
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

For such an elite fighter I think Chinoi is ****ing awful.

My fellow Scotsman Walter McGowan was making him look like a novice for long spells of their short fight. And I thought Alcaran was doing a great job on Chinoi too
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #2797
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Okay.............I will upload summat.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #2798
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I was uploading 8 fights. They all had errors
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #2799
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Watched two casamayor fights.

Had him losing clearly to freitas, whim iced a beautiful aggressive fights early doors before changing gear down the stretch.

Thought he beat Corrales in the rematch though, not really sure how that could be scored for Diego. You have to give him 7 rounds to have casa not winning and I dont see it.
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #2800
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

Saijo-Hamed would have been a great short fight.
Lester1583 is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #2801
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Sporadically watching JCC SR/Angel. Chavez really doesn't get enough credit for deflecting/catching punches with his gloves.
techks is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #2802
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Sporadically watching JCC SR/Angel. Chavez really doesn't get enough credit for deflecting/catching punches with his gloves.
the taylor fight is another example. even against Oscar he was deflecting a lot of punches and he was borderline shot by that point
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 04:21 AM   #2803
JudgeDredd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 783

Lennox Lewis v Ray Mercer

Not a Lewis fan but he showed balls in this fight. He seemed suprised & relieved to get the decision, was a close one but I gave it to him by a round.

Last edited by JudgeDredd; 01-12-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: missed a word
JudgeDredd is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #2804
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Benitez-Palomino

The importance of watching a fight. Boxrec will tell you that the fight was a split decision, and unfortunately that's how it was officially scored, but the action itself wasn't nearly as two-sided. Palomino landed some good shots at times, he perhaps even hurt Benitez in the middle rounds, but for most part he found himself on the end of Benitez's jab and was being hit with left hooks and straight right hands throughout. We didn't see as much fighting off the ropes from Benitez, but in round 14 there was a great sequence where, with his back to the ropes, Benitez landed repeated combinations to the head of Palomino who was missing wildly with his offense. Benitez seemed to see absolutely everything when he had his back to the ropes. Great stuff.

I scored the fight 11-1-3 in favour of Benitez.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #2805
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Yeah, best performance for sure. Palomino maybe had one eye on other things at that point but I cannot stress enough he was a really good fighter.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum