Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
vCash: 1000
Default Re: New Tyson Fury Interview the ultimate fighting supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
The thing is though, Fury would actually fight him

Velazquez would NEVER step into a boxing ring to fight Fury.

Dana White will never allow anything like that to happen, it's always "come see how you last in the ufc"

How about come see how one of them does in a boxing ring?
Exactly

Most world class boxers beat the top MMA fighters at their own game, but no top MMA fighter beats a world class boxer in the proper ring.
David UK is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #167
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK View Post
Exactly

Most world class boxers beat the top MMA fighters at their own game, but no top MMA fighter beats a world class boxer in the proper ring.
If you genuinely believe that most world class boxers would beat the top MMA fighters at MMA, then you are seriously deluded.

In reality, the best boxers might get a handful of KOs, but they would lose the vast majority of their fights, that's just the nature of all round skill facing an extremely specialized fighter (i.e. boxer)...the all round fighter knows that the boxer only has one real chance, so it's much easier to nullify that. Boxers can also try to knee, kick, grapple etc... but compared to fighters that train in that, they have pretty much zero chance of being effective with it. They would just expose themselves to all manner of retaliation that they are not prepared for.

Similarly, I would expect that the top MMA fighters would probably lose all their fights in boxing against world class opposition, but that's just the nature of all-round skill against specialization in a specialization sport.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #168
normysafc
punch drunk

vCash: 500

fury is a legend!
normysafc is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #169
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Exactly

This is abit of a repost cos this came up last week.

Fury ain't got a chance those glass legs would shatter!!!!

When are boxing fans gonna realise there are MMA fighters that come from a Muay Thai background and there's more than just HWs in MMA.

I'm not an MMA guy, I'm a MT guy & I love boxing, have maximum respect for the fighters and the sport, have supplemented my MT skills heavily with boxing, so it’s safe to say I’m a fan. Boxing fans often talk about science and sure the sweet science is a beautiful thing to watch, but in the context of the argument getting made on this thread, the science is flawed. I’m not saying a top boxer can’t crossover to MMA and do well, at some time one probably will, but on the whole it ain’t gonna happen on a regular basis unless the boxer supplements heavily with MT & BJJ for quite sometime to unlearn all those “bad” habits. And that’s the point really isn’t it, the time it takes to make a boxer top quality is time NOT spent on the mat learning how to grapple or in Thailand learning how to clinch, knee, elbow and kick.

Good hands aren’t exclusive to boxing, they are core weapons to MT and even more so in K1 Kickboxing. This idea that only boxers know how to throw a punch is bit old hat and not true. Boxers struggle to beat Muay Thai fighters of equal caliber let alone MMA fighters and all the variables MMA fights bring to the table. The dynamics and “science” is just all wrong for a boxer. Boxers are ill equipped to defend against any strike other than a punch (you really don’t wanna be defending kicks with your arms!), but the most important issue all the boxing guys are missing is that due to being so heavily dependent on their hands their essential foot placement and the weight distribution between their feet makes them sitting ducks for a competent multi limbed striker like a Muay Thai fighter with a brutal low kick and powerful straight knees.

This thread’s all very hypothetical, so lets look at a bit of fact:

The most high profile and quality boxer ever to fight MMA is the KO King Yodsanan Sityodtong (Yodsanan 3K Battery) a.k.a. “The Thai Tyson” WBA Super Featherweight Champ with a record of 58-3-1 (47KOs). He debuted MMA in 2011 and has yet to set the MMA world alight. He is better placed than most boxers as he had a pro background in Muay Thai before he became a boxer. Nothing too great, he didn’t win a stadium belt, but he was a solid pro with dynamite hands.

Here he is fighting a quality MT fighter Bovy Sor Udomsorn. They fought twice with Bovy winning both times, dropping Yodsanan in the process and this is many years after Yod’s boxing debut. Bovy’s not a top tier MT fighter more like an MT version of Katsidis or Gatti, a warrior who’s always in good fights. Unfortunately this action packed round is all that’s available and you can see once the elbows & knees start sinking in the tide turns……and remember Yod’s got an MT background so imagine a boxer who doesn’t understand the complicated ”science” of MT!

BORKED

Now that leads us onto this MMA debut. It was the all round package of his eight limbed MT that won him the fight not his boxing.

BORKED

Look what happens when a better grappler gets hold of him.

BORKED

Make of it what you will, but he’s the best example of a quality boxer in the MMA ring we have. He’s better placed than most boxers cos of his deep MT background, but one things very clear it ain’t as easy to cross over to MMA as many have said it would be for a boxer. One thing many boxing fans don’t understand is just how fundamentally the addition of one extra weapon makes to the dynamic of a fight let alone 6 added on top of your fists and then with the ground game thrown in with 4oz gloves! I'd say that's a whole new aspect to the “sweet science”.

As I said before I think this “if a boxer crossed over to MMA……..” stuff is a bit of a red herring. IMO the best chance MMA & Boxing fans have of seeing top quality striking in the cage is if more Thais or Thai trained foreigners crossed over. But truth is there’s enough money to be made in Thailand and Asia at the top tier of Muay Thai to keep the Thais away. (I can hear a huge sigh of relief form every western MMA fighter under 70kgs!)
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #170
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEVO View Post
I think fury is the best thing thats happened to heavy weight boxing in a long time...
shame he hasnt got a lot of ability. greatest character since riddick bowe
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #171
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: Fury calling out on UFC champ Velasquez on Twitter

Cain's response:

Quote:
"I'm not a boxer. I'm a mixed martial artist, and if he wants to fight, he can go into the UFC and work his way up like everybody else does. Nothing is given to you in this world. To me, it's like don't talk about it, go ahead and do it. That's all I have to say about that." - Cain Velasquez via ESPN
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #172
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
The thing is though, Fury would actually fight him

Velazquez would NEVER step into a boxing ring to fight Fury.

Dana White will never allow anything like that to happen, it's always "come see how you last in the ufc"

How about come see how one of them does in a boxing ring?
Boxing is the most corrupt Sport in the World, no honorable Mixed Martial Artist is going to give it a go (unless it's personal to them). Let alone The King of the Hill.... No matter much you think is to be made $$$$$.

Cain Velasquez was crush Tyson Fury as fine as dust, and blow him away.

Leave it to a street fighter like Kimbo Slice to test his luck in Boxing, where he can pad his record as long as he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEVO View Post
I think fury is the best thing thats happened to heavy weight boxing in a long time...
That's saying a lot, being that the Klitschkos been on a terror for the past few years. The Brothers must not impress you, some asshole for a Contender runs his mouth about MMA and people are falling in love overnight? Give me a break, Tyson Fury is a jerk off ignorant # who would further disgrace the Sport of Boxing, I believe Pro Boxers are like 0-2 in the Octagon. Anyone else from Professional Boxing that made it thus far was a bonafide Mixed Martial Artist.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 04:35 AM   #173
Peter__1987

vCash:

Some people are just amazingly talented at missing the point completely.

"Oh yeah, why doesn't Cain step in a boxing ring see how he does then eh eh eh?"

Because, you dumb****s, Cain ISN'T THE ONE DOING THE CHALLENGING!!!!!!!!

Fury is CALLING HIM OUT.

Is that impossible to see? Cain isn't disrespecting boxing by saying "I could whoop Tyson Fury in a boxing match" It's the other way around.

Cain would mangle Fury in a MMA match

And Fury would mangle Cain in a boxing match.

Only difference is, Cain is not stupid enough to think any different, Fury is.

I've said this before and too be honest i'm getting bored of it now.

Any reasonable intelligent man who is non bias should know that if you have never trained wrestling before you CANNOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES stop a takedown from Cain Velasquez

This is common ****ing sense!!!! How can people argue against this? your really THAT ****ING DUMB you think Fury could do a couple month wrestling training then stop a takedown from Velasquez?

Some boxing fans need to really take their head out their arse and giving respect to MMA fighters.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #174
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Cain's response:
classy as ever, fury is dragging boxing through the mud with his behaviour
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #175
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

People are still arguing about who would win? Nonsense. Fury is obviously using controversy to promote himself. My question is - why call out MMA fighters? Shouldn't his focus be on the Klitschkos? Any kind of attention is good for Fury but it's obvious he'll never be able to fight a UFC fighter (streetfight aside). If he took the piss out of Haye at least he'll have a chance to be in a big fight, become a Brit star, and make good money.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #176
z_money_lolz

velasquez would win by brutal rape in the cage
z_money_lolz is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #177
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
classy as ever, fury is dragging boxing through the mud with his behaviour
As is half of esb with ignorance, resentment.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #178
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Exactly

no bigots allowed in the mma forum, back to the british forum with ya
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #179
peterh
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Some people are just amazingly talented at missing the point completely.

"Oh yeah, why doesn't Cain step in a boxing ring see how he does then eh eh eh?"

Because, you dumb****s, Cain ISN'T THE ONE DOING THE CHALLENGING!!!!!!!!

Fury is CALLING HIM OUT.

Is that impossible to see? Cain isn't disrespecting boxing by saying "I could whoop Tyson Fury in a boxing match" It's the other way around.

Cain would mangle Fury in a MMA match

And Fury would mangle Cain in a boxing match.

Only difference is, Cain is not stupid enough to think any different, Fury is.

I've said this before and too be honest i'm getting bored of it now.

Any reasonable intelligent man who is non bias should know that if you have never trained wrestling before you CANNOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES stop a takedown from Cain Velasquez

This is common ****ing sense!!!! How can people argue against this? your really THAT ****ING DUMB you think Fury could do a couple month wrestling training then stop a takedown from Velasquez?

Some boxing fans need to really take their head out their arse and giving respect to MMA fighters.

/Thread
peterh is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #180
z_money_lolz

Quote:
Exactly

what a load of shit

Last edited by z_money_lolz; 01-12-2013 at 12:27 PM.
z_money_lolz is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum