Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #31
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Nope, but I'm guessing I should check it out?
Yes. Yes you should.

Read this beforehand: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #32
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Aye, I know you are a stand up fella, but this is the primary example of gnp and ground work at HW. And the good thing about the ring in Japan is that the cameras are close to the action and you can hear the impact of the punches

Now all you need is for someone to post the fight...

Fight starts about 12 mins in ;

BORKED
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #33
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
BTW where is the no well known epic fight thread ?
I think most of them would have been BORKED with the server change tbh, but bump the thread is if you have any fights
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #34
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Yes. Yes you should.

Read this beforehand: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That's a good report, it all sounds like pretty epic stuff.

This is what I like about this forum, you guys can cut to the chase and point me in the right direction so I get a proper taste as well as that "new toys" feeling every time!

That's a good idea about an epic fight thread Neville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Aye, I know you are a stand up fella, but this is the primary example of gnp and ground work at HW. And the good thing about the ring in Japan is that the cameras are close to the action and you can hear the impact of the punches

Now all you need is for someone to post the fight...

BORKED
You read my mind!

I'll make a quick coffee, get cosy and savour the savagery!

Thanks fellas.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #35
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Love to hear your thoughts about a prime fedor Boran
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #36
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
This is what I like about this forum, you guys can cut to the chase and point me in the right direction so I get a proper taste as well as that "new toys" feeling every time!

That's a good idea about an epic fight thread Neville.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #37
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

That's not what I expected at all......but in a good way.

I wasn't expecting such a one sided affair, or that's how it seemed to me not understanding much about the ground game. It was a pretty full on beating, the sound of those body shots was sickening. Nog's durability, what can you say other than the guy must've been carved out of Brazil's finest granite. Fedor's strength and speed look deceivingly good, I imagine they catch alot of guys by surprise when they actually get in there with him. What is it with Ruskies and natural strength, the way he effortlessly shrugged of the Brazilians attempts at just about everything, even I can see was pretty awesome stuff. I remember Igor form the 90s, he never had the grace or skill of Fedor, but he did have this kinda natural strength to push or pull his way out of things, must be Soviet Bloc thing, Cheynobal fallout or something!

To be honest I haven't really seen too much of Fedor, the odd thing here and there, but now I've got this link I'm gonna start watching back that era of Pride. One thing I do really really like about him is the way that when he's standing he is very solid on his feet and he feels very well balanced for quick single power shots not so much combos. He doesn't move around too much, he seems very comfortable and patient under fire, steadfast and looking to unload. He also seems very economical with his strikes, he doesn't throw cos he feels he has to, he only throws when it's right and he commits with power. The above skills are definitely in short supply in alot of current MMA, far too many guys bouncing around and throwing half committed shots cos they kinda feel they have to, but it's just experience and that'll filter down as things develop.

Anyway, thanks guys I enjoyed it. It seems I've got a whole lot of Pride to enjoy for the first time. I've been putting it off but now there's no turning back it's gotta be done.

A couple of questions:

Was there a rematch?

How long was Fedor's run as Champ once he won the belt?

What is Fedor's base? What did he come out off?

(If I don't reply right away, I'm not being rude got a plane to catch soon).
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #38
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

I will say fedor might possibly be the only fighter in history who can lose several fights in such a short space I time against lesser foes yet the fans will act like those bouts never happened .

You know your a serious great when people fail to recognise anything but your triumphs.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #39
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

There are 2 other Fedor VS Nog. Second fight end no contest because Fedor was cut on a huge head butt. Third fight is more or less the same thing(same as the first fight).

Fedor went undefeated until 2010. He was the last PRIDE FC HW Champ.

Fedor base come from combat Sambo. He was in the army when he was younger and he won many Sambo competition !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #40
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Hey Boran, Fedor is a Judo/Sambo guy. Explains how he can generate so much power from so short a movement of the hips...hope you enjoyed

P.S. check your pm's...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #41
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Totally forgot about the judo...shame on me... !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #42
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Wait what?
If we start at longevity and im not counting Fedors BS loss to Kohsaka then Fedor has been going nonstop for 9 years and Silva been going for 6 years

When Pride died Fedor still won over Andrei, Timmy and Rogers.

Who did Fedor duck?

Fedor beat everyone even at their own game he went to the ground with Nog and stood up with CC and still won

Im as huge of a Silva fan as the next guy but Fedor is higher up on the GOAT list than Silva
Randy Couture, Frank Mir, Brock Lesnar, JDS, Cain Velasquez, and Shane Carwin were all the Best HWs in the World (most still are). Fedor did not fight a single one..... AA, Sylvia, and Brett Rogers are clearly not on the same level or else they would have fought their way in (or back into) the premiere organization in the World.

I would get my #s straight because Fedor won jack shit in 10', just carried the p4p Title into that year. Fedor was solid whether it be standing or grappling so it's just not right to say he beat everyone at their own game. Neither is it to say he has longevity when you flame out at 33 years of age.

Hendo's got it, as does Anderson Silva, but not Fedor. That's not longevity, it's a helluva run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
When Fedor was beating the BEST HW On the planet (Big Nog) like a kid, Anderson was getting tapped by Japanese nobodies.
Where is he now?? Because when Anderson Silva was well into defending UFC Gold, Fedor was tapping, getting punched out, and glossing three stoppage losses over with three cans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
was unbeaten in nearly 10 years when the HW division was at its peak.

Anderson, on the other hand, has no balls. He'll fight Griffin (who is the biggest LHW out there bar none) yet wont fight Jones because JBJ is "too big" and is "my friend"? Dude has no balls. Fedor would fight any man.

Anderson won't fight Weidman, won't fight Jones yet wants GSP? Georges is a weight class BELOW HIM! GSP is the greatest MMA fighter alive. His division is ten times more stacked than Anderson's and he has RULED IT for years.
Anderson Silva does want JJ, but The UFC knows how to sell a fight. Once upon a time Fedor would fight any man, but when he didn't have it anymore he knew it and avoided the best in the World.

GSP is a cash cow, so who wouldn't want to fight him? Fedor was getting punched out by a smaller man that was submitted by Anderson Silva, so you tell me what's worse.... Wanting to fight the "Greatest Mixed Martial Artist Alive" or getting punched out by a much smaller and older man that was tapped out by Anderson Silva?? You sir are a ****ing joke, don't get tight with me because your words just don't add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
well Haggis it's pretty much documented that I picked Condit for the upset. But GSP's win was HUGE!. Imagine if Condit went on a run similar to Nog's at HW when Fedor was champ...

No disrespect to Anderson, be he has to move up to fight guys who went life and death with Krzysztof for a challenge...MW is weak, make no bones about it. Maybe Anderson is the most talented MMA fighter ever, but he hasnt beaten elite or top contender class guys with the regularity that Fedor and GSP has. Too prove me wrong he has to fight Jones and win, until then Fedor and GSP are above him imho
You can't fault the man for making the competition look bad, and for the record Fedor hasn't beaten an elite fighter since Pride ended.

Something is clearly wrong with you if you at the end of the day you believe Anderson Silva is the most talented fighter ever . Like all who rank Great fighters this way, you ignore the big picture. Fedor ended his career by losing 3 in a row (inside the distance) only to gloss it over with 3 cans.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #43
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

How come Arlovski stopped being an elite fighter once he left the UFC? You do understand that Arlovski left the UFC on a three fight winning streak, right?

How come Sylvia stopped being elite once he left the UFC? You do understand that he left the UFC following a loss to Nog...the guy that Fedor beat twice in dominant fashion.

You do understand that not all primes play out equally, right? That Fedor's reign started earlier than Anderson's, therefore it only makes sense that it ended earlier?

I like you, but you are way off base when it comes to Fedor.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #44
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Fedor is criminally overrated and has Glass in his jaw.

Anderson Silva is clearly the P4P GOAT.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #45
superman1692
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
superman1692 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum