Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #121
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Deontay Wilders next fight...

Wilder's excuse of lacking amateur experience rings very hollow at this point. If he was lacking that much experience then why did he even turn pro in the first place? It's not like he can be getting great money for these untelevised clubfights, is it? Moreover, what kind of experience does he hope to get fighting such low level opposition? His career path just seems utterly baffling to me.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #122
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
Wilder's excuse of lacking amateur experience rings very hollow at this point. If he was lacking that much experience then why did he even turn pro in the first place? It's not like he can be getting great money for these untelevised clubfights, is it? Moreover, what kind of experience does he hope to get fighting such low level opposition? His career path just seems utterly baffling to me.
His daughter has a spinal condition. She's the reason he's boxing to begin with.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #123
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
His daughter has a spinal condition. She's the reason he's boxing to begin with.
I'm aware of that. So why isn't he trying to make more of a name for himself? Why the same shitty level of competition time after time for, presumably, very little money? He wouldn't even have to fight anyone particularly dangerous to get the HBO hype train in gear. Mitchell had a similar lack of experience and was being touted for a title shot after beating Ibragimov and Witherspoon. The US is crying out for a heavyweight prospect. The time is ripe. So why the f*ck isn't he stepping up to the plate?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 AM   #124
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847

Quote:
I'm aware of that. So why isn't he trying to make more of a name for himself? Why the same shitty level of competition time after time for, presumably, very little money? He wouldn't even have to fight anyone particularly dangerous to get the HBO hype train in gear. Mitchell had a similar lack of experience and was being touted for a title shot after beating Ibragimov and Witherspoon. The US is crying out for a heavyweight prospect. The time is ripe. So why the f*ck isn't he stepping up to the plate?
Because they know the HBO hype train will be there when they need it. There's a recent article by Gabriel Montoya on Wilder. Interesting are the comments by his trainer, Mark Breland. It's clear Breland considers Wilder a work in progress, not ready, etc.

As for Seth Mitchell -- maybe stepped up a little too early, no? Remember, a loss in boxing has awful implications, physical, monetary etc. for a fighter. In Seth's case, they were less risk averse probably because of his age. The clock was ticking.
conraddobler is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 03:56 AM   #125
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by conraddobler View Post
Because they know the HBO hype train will be there when they need it. There's a recent article by Gabriel Montoya on Wilder. Interesting are the comments by his trainer, Mark Breland. It's clear Breland considers Wilder a work in progress, not ready, etc.
Then he should have stayed in the amateurs and honed his skills.

If he went pro for his daughter's sake then why isn't he trying to make as much money as possible?
Old 01-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #126
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Quote:
Then he should have stayed in the amateurs and honed his skills.

If he went pro for his daughter's sake then why isn't he trying to make as much money as possible?
This is blantantly stupid.

Ams don't prepare anyone for the pros first off.
Second if he is fighting to fund his daughter's medical condition treatment, why would he stay in the ams and not go pro where he can actually earn decent coin?

Hate blinds you and I don't know why except, I think a great deal of euros are actually scared of him, probably because of the compliment he got from Wlad.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #127
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Nick View Post
Price fights a 50 year old bum named Skelton and he is the next champ,Wilder fights a guy like Greer who many top fighters fought and he's a bum.
Better to stay busy you bunch of dicks!
Um Skelton is 45. Ollie McCall is 47. Holyfield lost a MD to Sugar Nico at 44. Skelton is a former world title challenger. Has big wins over McBride, Dallas, Vidoz, Sprott, NOT SHOT Williams, prime McDermott, prime Moli, Mavrovic, prime Francis, Varakin and Draskovic.

Once upon a time.....Owen Beck was a solid B level fighter, not unlike Skelton. Not unlike McBride and Williams. He's far and above anyone else on Wilders resume outside Kelvim Price, who doesnt look any better at 13-0 than Beck looked when he was fighting eliminators in the mid 00s.

And while I personally don't really like David Price.....he fighting Tony Thomspon in his 16th fight. Even at 41 yo, Thompson still goes 27-0 (27KO) against Wilders who's who of cans and clubbies.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #128
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post

Second if he is fighting to fund his daughter's medical condition treatment, why would he stay in the ams and not go pro where he can actually earn decent coin?

Hate blinds you and I don't know why except, I think a great deal of euros are actually scared of him, probably because of the compliment he got from Wlad.
Then why is every Wilder fanboy constantly moaning about his lack of amateur experience?

Jesus Christ, this shit is going in circles.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #129
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 334

Quote:

Blatantly stupid? Then why do Wilder's defenders use his lack of amateur experience as an excuse for moving so slowly?

So by your logic, a person just picked up off the street and an Olympic medalist will have an equal chance as a pro boxer
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #130
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
Blatantly stupid? Then why do Wilder's defenders use his lack of amateur experience as an excuse for moving so slowly?

So by your logic, a person just picked up off the street and an Olympic medalist will have an equal chance as a pro boxer
People who support Wilder talk about his lack of boxing experience, not amateur experience.

He simply has not had a long time boxing like most people in the sport.
Like Chavez Jr., he is going to need a lot of fights and in ring experience to learn his craft, one, and to increase his skill level, two.

By my logic a person who has been boxing all their life and started training in a pro sytle as a kid is going to be better than someone who has always trained in the modern amateur style. Witness Danny Garcia, Maidana, Matthaysse, and etc compared to someone like Amir Khan and Rashuan ****** who are hampered because of their indoctrination with the am style of pitty pat flurries.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #131
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
People who support Wilder talk about his lack of boxing experience, not amateur experience.

Like Chavez Jr., he is going to need a lot of fights and in ring experience to learn his craft, one, and to increase his skill level, two.

By my logic a person who has been boxing all their life and started training in a pro sytle as a kid is going to be better than someone who has always trained in the modern amateur style. Witness Danny Garcia, Maidana, Matthaysse, and etc compared to someone like Amir Khan and Rashuan ****** who are hampered because of their indoctrination with the am style of pitty pat flurries.
No, they talk about his lack of amateur experience. Read the thread.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #132
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 334

Quote:

Don't you think he could increase his ring experience, and skill level by fighting someone that doesn't fall over in 1 rd and actually throws back at him?? Fighting Z-class opponents fight after fight isn't teaching him anything, and raising your experience one round every 2-3 months isn't sufficient.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #133
nastynas
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:

Garcia had a long amateur career. He was a US National Champion.
nastynas is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #134
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynas View Post
Garcia had a long amateur career. He was a US National Champion.
Remove him and replace him with B-hop.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #135
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

What makes me laugh he came out on twitter blasting the fans and critics. Saying he has achieved more than any fan would in a lifetime lmao.... Whats worse is Wilders promoters are selling this SHIT..And people think Arum is bad for boxing GBP take it to a whole new lower level
Godsavethequeen is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum