Old 01-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #16
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chuck Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
i do think you start to lose that split second timing as you start to creep past 30 and by the time you get into your 40s it is really noticeable in most people. Having said that, thats timing of a fighter fighting another fighter..not someone who has been trained (hence knows where to put there hands and head and all that) against a guy who has never done a minute of training.
Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I mean, we all get old and decay physically, but the rate of decay and aging varies greatly from person to person.
And I realize that there comes an age when most people would be totally outclassed or ineffective when fighting someone much younger. Chuck Norris is 70, so maybe he's at that age now. But what about Chuck Norris at 50? or 45?
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I mean, we all get old and decay physically, but the rate of decay and aging varies greatly from person to person.
And I realize that there comes an age when most people would be totally outclassed or ineffective when fighting someone much younger. Chuck Norris is 70, so maybe he's at that age now. But what about Chuck Norris at 50? or 45?
i think it depends who are you talking about. A guy who is pretty tough, good natural athlete, (was on his highschool teams, was considered pretty good) and has maybe done some combat type sports a bit (maybe wrestled a little high school, done a bit of basic boxing) I think that guy may well be too much for Norris at this point. Having said that, I have been in the gym with weight lifter guys, who my guess is, lift allot to compensate, and have held mitts for them, and scene results like this only much slower and worse...
BORKED

Now here we got Ronnie Oritz from the Jersey Shore, who, I guess, has actually beaten people up...

now plenty of guys a shit load worse than him walking around.

BORKED
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #18
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

first video didnt how up..anyhow..it was a guy doing a boxercize mitt workout looking like shit.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #19
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
You are not even 40 yet and you feel like this? NOt trying to be insulting, but as a fellow almost 40 year old (I'm 3, I really don't feel inhibited physically in any way. I'm no Super Hero, but I've kept a rigorous workout schedule for the last 20 years, so I don't think I've declined much (I might have gained in some areas, especially in brute strength).
Is a guy in his late 30s old now?
I see what most 20-something guys do in a normal workout gym (Bally's, LA Fitness) as far as cardio, weight-lifting, etc., I don't really see them performing more or better than I do.
I realize fighting is a different physical area, but still, if you are fit, strong, and still relatively mobile and fluid, I don't see why you couldn't hang with most guys well into middle age.
Just my own food for thought.
My body's been through alot in it's 38 years, I carry lots of niggles that have built up over the years. I damage easier and repair slower these days. In the fight game you have to be realistic and I don't have the durability I used to against younger hungrier guys. Technically & fitness wise I'm still up their and that counts for a lot, but the truth is I just can't do or take as much as I used to when I was in my twenties. Sure I could still bury the Fitness First crew, but I'd be fool hardy not to be aware of my deteriorating condition when fast with youthful exuberance.

You try hanging for 6 rounds in the clinch rotating of a group of Thai 16 year old fighters and tell me you don't feel old!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
My body's been through alot in it's 38 years, I carry lots of niggles that have built up over the years. I damage easier and repair slower these days. In the fight game you have to be realistic and I don't have the durability I used to against younger hungrier guys. Technically & fitness wise I'm still up their and that counts for a lot, but the truth is I just can't do or take as much as I used to when I was in my twenties. Sure I could still bury the Fitness First crew, but I'd be fool hardy not to be aware of my deteriorating condition when fast with youthful exuberance.

You try hanging for 6 rounds in the clinch rotating of a group of Thai 16 year old fighters and tell me you don't feel old!
I understand what you are saying. I know that wear and tear can build up over the years and cause a person to feel old prematurely. But I'm sure it just depends. A 38-year-old who lived a clean lifestyle, avoided much abuse, and kept in good shape likely has far less miles on the odometer than a 38-year-old who abused himself and suffered countless injuries and ailments.

Again, I'm just some average Joe - I'm no elite anything, but I know that I wouldn't be outclassed by my 20-year-old self in a fight.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
first video didnt how up..anyhow..it was a guy doing a boxercize mitt workout looking like shit.
That Jersey Shore Guido looks like an arrogant pr•ck! The kind that would probably mouth off to a made man in Jersey and wind up dumpster diving! Lol
Old 01-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #22
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

he punches like a weight lifter too..amazing the guy is considered a bad ass..of course i guess two tight slow ass weight lifters, the advantage goes to the bigger one.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #23
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I would kill for the chance to school a ****y bodybuilder in front of onlookers. Skinny foo like me. We've had a couple of bodybuilders come into my gym before and get dropped lack a sac of potatoes by middleweight guys.
Speechless is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum