Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #46
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce making a twat out of himself on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
This is true, although I wouldnt want my fighters to provide any additional exposure for an opposition promoter / TV chanell.
The crux of it really is just that it's two rival TV Networks competing for viewers and subscribers in BN's case at the same times.

It SHOULD work on the basis that if we have more well known british boxers that are successful, the general public will take more of an interest, and all within boxing will benefit including Sky and BN and Hearn and FW. If boxing is doing well then they are profiting in the process and it's all one big happy family with everyone embracing and promoting each other.

Unfortunately that's not the case with TV Networks and never will be. Ultimately they'e in competition and FW won't want Matchroom fighters getting more exposure on his channel as the more popular they become the more people watch them on Sky Sports. The same for Hearn, if his prize assets are on Bunce's show then that's helping BN and encouraging people to subscribe which means more for his rival.

They're never going to work together on any level really, no one should expect otherwise, it's a shame that we don't have FWP and Matchroom both on Sky but that's how it is. There will be many British fights that probably won't happen now as a result of them not working together, Rees/Burns was a recent one although that did result in them both getting chances to add world straps in fairness.

It's a similar situation in the states with Top Rank and GBP I suppose, it's shite but it's just how it is and I don't expect it to change any time soon. Even when FW and EH talk about each others fighters its pretty much through gritted teeth and when they do give any praise it's usually followed up with a thinly veiled dig at each others company. There's more politics in boxing than in actual politics these days!
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #47
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

His show is trash , he sold himself down the river when he became a company man.

Maybe pro boxers are as sick of it as the fans ?

To be fair to him he did also say that maybe they just hate the show so props for that

Allegedy might give him a scolding later when he's wearing his gimp mask tho
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #48
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
The crux of it really is just that it's two rival TV Networks competing for viewers and subscribers in BN's case at the same times.

It SHOULD work on the basis that if we have more well known british boxers that are successful, the general public will take more of an interest, and all within boxing will benefit including Sky and BN and Hearn and FW. If boxing is doing well then they are profiting in the process and it's all one big happy family with everyone embracing and promoting each other.

Unfortunately that's not the case with TV Networks and never will be. Ultimately they'e in competition and FW won't want Matchroom fighters getting more exposure on his channel as the more popular they become the more people watch them on Sky Sports. The same for Hearn, if his prize assets are on Bunce's show then that's helping BN and encouraging people to subscribe which means more for his rival.

They're never going to work together on any level really, no one should expect otherwise, it's a shame that we don't have FWP and Matchroom both on Sky but that's how it is. There will be many British fights that probably won't happen now as a result of them not working together, Rees/Burns was a recent one although that did result in them both getting chances to add world straps in fairness.

It's a similar situation in the states with Top Rank and GBP I suppose, it's shite but it's just how it is and I don't expect it to change any time soon. Even when FW and EH talk about each others fighters its pretty much through gritted teeth and when they do give any praise it's usually followed up with a thinly veiled dig at each others company. There's more politics in boxing than in actual politics these days!
what sort of viewership does the Bunce show get? does anybody watch that show and not watch ringside?
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #49
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
reading the tweets theres Matchroom fighters saying thats not the case?
Smoke and mirrors. This has been a problem since Boxnation started, Bunce had been able to get Sky/Matchroom fighters on his BBC show but not Boxnation.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #50
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TED 822 View Post
Got to agree.Hes a bit eccentric but this is good TV.Knows his boxing,knows all the players,plenty of anecdotes,like the other Steve who comes on with him also and the banter between them.
It's hard to tell how much a guy knows his boxing when he insists on being so biased towards his paymasters fighters.

Bunce does know his boxing, but he's a sellout, plain and simple

and that shit with Shawn Hawk wearing the cowboy hat...tasteless

and I am NO sensitive sweetheart when it comes to banter, being a working class Belfast boy, but some shit you just don't do, the man is a showoff
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #51
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Remember he used to play some music and applause sounds and the name on the screen for allegedy came up as "The Gaffer"

A little while later he is interviewing him about him having such minute input in the channel

he is a joke
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #52
Skeletor
Evil Lord of Destruction
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 412

Meanwhile, back in the real world:
BORKED

Last edited by Skeletor; 01-15-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Skeletor is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #53
jcairns1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

To be fair to Frank he let John Murray go on to Sky to fight on a Matchroom show, unfortunately the fight fell through for reasons beyond anyones blame but I doubt Eddie Hearn would let one of his fighters go to fight on a VVarren bill on Boxnation.
jcairns1 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #54
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post

I think boxnation has more to gain from having Matchroom fighters on show than Skysports has to gain from FWP fighters...

Like alot have said on other threads, boxnation has become better for International fights and not its own stable of british boxers...which I find odd and hence I dont subscribe.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #55
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
This is true, although I wouldnt want my fighters to provide any additional exposure for an opposition promoter / TV chanell.
Stick it in the contract then, fighter signs it, sorted
icemax is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #56
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Hearn never lies, he cares about the fans.
#newagesensitivity
icemax is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #57
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
#newagesensitivity
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #58
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcairns1 View Post
To be fair to Frank he let John Murray go on to Sky to fight on a Matchroom show, unfortunately the fight fell through for reasons beyond anyones blame but I doubt Eddie Hearn would let one of his fighters go to fight on a VVarren bill on Boxnation.
He was gonna let rees fight burns on boxnation but rees wanted more money
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #59
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
He was gonna let rees fight burns on boxnation but rees wanted more money
Wrong! Eddie wanted Rees for his own show on December 8th.
The Genius is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #60
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
Wrong! Eddie wanted Rees for his own show on December 8th.
Wrong, Rees didn't want to be under contract with your old man.
USA Rob is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum