Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Lightbulb If JMM is such a "Warrior", why hasn't he called out Mayweather for a rematch?

JMM got humiliated by Mayweather in 2009, he said he wasnt adjusted to the weight (after the fight of course), before the fight him & Nacho were saying they would knock out Floyd and that they felt strong. If Marquez is the true warrior and competitor that he is then why hasn't he been vocal about another Mayweather fight? If Nacho is this great trainer then why is he unable to give the intelligent JMM a game plan that could work vs Mayweather? It seems to me that JMM is getting a pass for not challenging Mayweather. Prior to the 4th JMM-PAC fight, JMM has went on record repeatedly and said he felt like he won the first 3 fights, then he fights him for a 4th time and he knocks him out cold. In JMM's mind, he has already beat Pac 4 times so why are people co-signing his efforts to fight a guy that he feels he already defeated 4 times? Shouldnt he be trying to get revenge against Floyd?

It appears that even the GREAT JMM & GREAT Nacho have conceded that no matter the weight, no matter the amount of power and not even the most well thought out game plan from the 2 of them will ever allow them to defeat or even do better against Mayweather a 2nd time........warrior?

Also a fight vs Mayweather would be JMM's biggest Payday ever, especially coming off the Pac KO.
Dunks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
boxsensei
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1408
Default Re: If JMM is such a "Warrior", why hasn't he called out Mayweather for a rematch?

JMM is a warrior but everyone knows that there's no point in a rematch. Mayweather is a league abouve pacquiao and he'd win another wide UD
boxsensei is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: If JMM is such a "Warrior", why hasn't he called out Mayweather for a rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsensei View Post
JMM is a warrior but everyone knows that there's no point in a rematch. Mayweather is a league abouve pacquiao and he'd win another wide UD

/Thread.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsensei View Post
I agree but at the same time JMM has had more fights at WW than Guerrero and he is better than Guerrero. JMM just knocked out Pac, we dont knoe what Mayweather looks like at this stage, whos to say that JMM couldnt win at least 1 round the next time.

Also he should get no credit for fighting Pac a 5th time. Its comical that Pac is this monster and JMM wants to fight him 5 times but he wont even getin the ring with the feather fisted runner Mayweather a 2nd time.
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
Withwhatsmine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I was hoping he would try for a Mayweather, Bradley or Judah fjght. But I think Arum has promised them a 15 million or higher payday, I guess he could fight Mayweather for ten million but yeah he knows he will problably lose.
Withwhatsmine is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
/Thread.

did you think a 39 year old JMM would totally knock out Pac and have him on the floor for 10 minutes? NO you didnt,....how do you know how JMM will perform against Mayweather? Do Nacho and JMM not have high boxing IQ's? You are telling me that they couldnt devise a plan that could win them at least 1,2 or 3 rounds?
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
Ahurath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 235

I don't know what you are trying to pull here?
Ofc he is a warrior that is seen in the battles he fought and the fact you can't count him out even if you got him hurt.

But another rematch is just plain stupid. He was knocked down, lost 12 rounds of 12 and got a boxing lesson. There isn't a point in a rematch.
Ahurath is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withwhatsmine View Post
I was hoping he would try for a Mayweather, Bradley or Judah fjght. But I think Arum has promised them a 15 million or higher payday, I guess he could fight Mayweather for ten million but yeah he knows he will problably lose.
Cotto just got $15 million, JMM would make that or higher vs Mayweather, on cinco de mayo. Arum hasnt even promised Pac $15 million, how can he promise JMM that?
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunks View Post
I agree but at the same time JMM has had more fights at WW than Guerrero and he is better than Guerrero. JMM just knocked out Pac, we dont knoe what Mayweather looks like at this stage, whos to say that JMM couldnt win at least 1 round the next time.

Also he should get no credit for fighting Pac a 5th time. Its comical that Pac is this monster and JMM wants to fight him 5 times but he wont even getin the ring with the feather fisted runner Mayweather a 2nd time.

Umm when has JMM said he wanted a 5th Pacquiao fight??

If anything, its Arum and team Pac that want it, JMM hasn't said a word about it, genius.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
lbarrow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He is a warrior for sure. Maybe he doesnt wanna get into a borin fight and get one twos that dont hurt him all night. He wants proper fights at light and light welterweight
lbarrow is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:

did you think a 39 year old JMM would totally knock out Pac and have him on the floor for 10 minutes? NO you didnt,....how do you know how JMM will perform against Mayweather? Do Nacho and JMM not have high boxing IQ's? You are telling me that they couldnt devise a plan that could win them at least 1,2 or 3 rounds?

Whats the point of going into a fight with a gameplan that could win them 1, 2 or 3 rounds when you need at least 7 rounds to win?
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #12
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahurath View Post
I don't know what you are trying to pull here?
Ofc he is a warrior that is seen in the battles he fought and the fact you can't count him out even if you got him hurt.

But another rematch is just plain stupid. He was knocked down, lost 12 rounds of 12 and got a boxing lesson. There isn't a point in a rematch.
Yes there is a point in the rematch, to see if another great from this era can actually adjust and do better against another great of this era. This fight is more meaningful than Floyd-Guerrero or Floyd-Canelo
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Whats the point of going into a fight with a gameplan that could win them 1, 2 or 3 rounds when you need at least 7 rounds to win?
Because you dont know how the game plan will be implemented until the fight. Its obvious the strategy they had last time didnt work, I would love to see how JMM and Nacho could adjust in the next match.
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Maybe he doesn't want it? I don't know, Mayweather has other business too that's being put out there.

But, most importantly, the public is not calling for it.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yes there is a point in the rematch, to see if another great from this era can actually adjust and do better against another great of this era. This fight is more meaningful than Floyd-Guerrero or Floyd-Canelo

Had the fight itself been remotley competitive, then you would have a point, have you seen the fight?
Zopilote is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum