Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #16
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Yorkshire
Posts: 1,397
vCash: 1000
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

Chucho's finest hour, taking the title from Olivares.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


The mentioned fights against Cruz and Caraballo.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Loads of other great stuff on youtube against Olivares, Rose, Herrera etc.

I've said this before, but I think Chucho was a better fighter than any of the modern trinity of Mexicans. Certainly in terms of skill. The bantam era spanning from Macias to Castillo/Herrera has become my fast favourite. So, so many very good/great fighters, most of whom are forgotten outside the smallest hardcore boxing circles. I'd love to see the Castillo-Medel fights, if they're out there.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #17
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 1000
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

Truly sucks. I had begun to appreciate him about a year ago, him and Herrera. Both underrated grets who should be discussed more around the world. He's far better and had a more interestinf career than most of those we talk about here.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,556
vCash: 500
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

RIP

A terrific fighter that made up part of arguably the best period in Bantam history.
lora is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #19
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 9,639
vCash: 500
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

RIP

Very tough and skilled fighter, went 45 rounds with THE hardest hitting bantam of all time, and managed to stop him once.

Castillo would whoop any bantam/super bantam today...including Donaire.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #20
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 1000
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

RIP. Great fighter.
natonic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #21
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,434
vCash: 1000
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

I tried to put a few words together for boxing.com about him, but it ended up being more than 2,000. I never realised I had so much to say about him. It's nothing brilliant because I only had 90 odd minutes but i'll link it when it's up and you boys can look over it if you get any time, pick out any mistakes? I'm worried someone related to him might see it and don't want it to be ****ed up in any way.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #22
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,434
vCash: 1000
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Castillo would whoop any bantam/super bantam today...including Donaire.
Haha I kinda wanted to say that but i didn't feel brave enough.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #23
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granada, Spain.
Posts: 4,348
vCash: 1000
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

The WBC have just posted this nice little tribute [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #24
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK, England
Posts: 21,045
vCash: 842
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post
Chucho's finest hour, taking the title from Olivares.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


The mentioned fights against Cruz and Caraballo.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Loads of other great stuff on youtube against Olivares, Rose, Herrera etc.

I've said this before, but I think Chucho was a better fighter than any of the modern trinity of Mexicans. Certainly in terms of skill. The bantam era spanning from Macias to Castillo/Herrera has become my fast favourite. So, so many very good/great fighters, most of whom are forgotten outside the smallest hardcore boxing circles. I'd love to see the Castillo-Medel fights, if they're out there.
It took a lot longer than I thought, to be honest. ...Claiming Chucho was better than Barrera, Morales, and Marquez, I mean.

I'll watch some of his fights.
Addie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #25
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,556
vCash: 500
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

Why bother. you'll just be doing it with an already biased mindset to confirm what you already want to be true, that Marco is the bestest.
lora is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #26
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK, England
Posts: 21,045
vCash: 842
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
Why bother. you'll just be doing it with an already biased mindset to confirm what you already want to be true, that Marco is the bestest.
Marco is bestest!
Addie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #27
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,434
vCash: 1000
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Marco is bestest!
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #28
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Yorkshire
Posts: 1,397
vCash: 1000
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
I tried to put a few words together for boxing.com about him, but it ended up being more than 2,000. I never realised I had so much to say about him. It's nothing brilliant because I only had 90 odd minutes but i'll link it when it's up and you boys can look over it if you get any time, pick out any mistakes? I'm worried someone related to him might see it and don't want it to be ****ed up in any way.
Nice one man, look forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
The WBC have just posted this nice little tribute [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Neat little tribute, cheers Al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It took a lot longer than I thought, to be honest. ...Claiming Chucho was better than Barrera, Morales, and Marquez, I mean.

I'll watch some of his fights.
And this took pretty much bang on as long as I thought it would, me old china. Not that I'm complaining.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #29
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 9,639
vCash: 500
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Haha I kinda wanted to say that but i didn't feel brave enough.

Ill say that in the ****in General!

Nonito is good, but Olivares was a far more skilled and harder punching boxer, and Castillo managed to drop him and stop him. And quite frankly, Castillo was also the more skilled operator (than Nonito).
Zopilote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #30
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,434
vCash: 1000
Default Re: R.I.P Jesus Chucho Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post
Nice one man, look forward to it.
Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Ill say that in the ****in General!

Nonito is good, but Olivares was a far more skilled and harder punching boxer, and Castillo managed to drop him and stop him. And quite frankly, Castillo was also the more skilled operator (than Nonito).
Speed?
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013