Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #121
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict

vCash: 277
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

I thought Spider fought better competition in his Pride days. He was grinding it in there with real Japanese warriors and not some some Bonnar guy or Americanized asians like Okami.
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #122
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Fedor has as many losses as Andy does and he lost to better competition than Andy to
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #123
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Yeah, does this mean that we don't overlook Silva getting subbed by two Japanese journeymen when discussing his legacy? Since it doesn't seem to matter how or when things went down in your career, only that they did.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #124
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Fedor has as many losses as Andy does and he lost to better competition than Andy to
My friend, Fedor has 3 TKO losses and a tapout, there is no connection here. Especially since one of Anderson Silva's losses is by DQ

Lost to better competition? Whatever, but that's a poor excuse to me. Anderson Silva hasn't lost anything in a very long time. He also tapped out a man who had Fedor face down ass up, who they had to pull off of him before being punched out. So the man Fedor lost to was tapped out by Silva, now you remember that.

Funny how you assholes post such nonsense as I'm on my way out. Too late. I guess I'm back in, and I'm ignoring smileys and the like this time.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #125
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Yeah, does this mean that we don't overlook Silva getting subbed by two Japanese journeymen when discussing his legacy? Since it doesn't seem to matter how or when things went down in your career, only that they did.
Believe whatever you want, spin it however you want. That was almost ten years ago, around the same time Fedor was balls deep in his near decade of "dominance"....

You've got to ask yourself, Rob, what built that legacy? Are you just going to ignore the fighter Anderson Silva has become? Your turning this discussion into a joke. Your reaching, so far back in time. He's ripening as Fedor was rotting, it's a simple fact. It's a simple fact that he's the only Pride Fighter to hold titles in two different eras.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #126
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Do you know what the word "resume" means?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #127
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #128
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Of course, and it's one's career summed up. Fedor's got 3 stoppage losses iced off with 3 cans. Now do you know what topped off is? Because that's what is atop his resume.

Fedor got his head busted open and lost early in his career too, I don't know what the big friggin' deal is. The most significant thing to me is that my man has been a Champion in both eras, it's something that other Great fighters couldn't do. Now tell me that doesn't mean something, tell me that the HWs wore each other out, because Overeem and Werdum are still going strong. Not only that, but he's doing it in the premiere organization in the World, this whole time. The Spider left Pride, and jumped right into The UFC. At an advanced age. For whatever reason, Fedor didn't. Whether it be greed, or fear, he didn't step up and fight the Best in the World after one era ended. And to top it off with 3 stoppage losses and 3 cans, all this just stacks heavily in Silva's favor. Fedor is missing fighters like Brown Pride and JDS from his resume. Instead, he has Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo. Losses to these men, one of the men that Anderson Silva tapped out, was punching out Fedor. There is just no way around having Dan Henderson on your resume, whether it's good or bad, Hendo is there. On paper.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #129
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
No sir, no drugs at all. What does meth have to do with a p4p discussion? Don't know, don't care. Don't want to play the 1-2 game anymore, don't want to roll in the gutter. I've said a mouthful over the passed few days. I have no more to say on this, just responses to what the definition to the word "resume" truly means. Not until the next Thread. In any other Section they would shut this shit down, but this will be my lost post in this one, so serious too.
Dude.....it's not a P4P discussion...

When will you finally understand that the thread title is: Is GSP the greatest MMA ever ???

Not: Is GSP the best P4P fighter on the planet.

No offence man but you have been ranting about this for a few page now, even if alot of people tried to make you understand this thread is not about P4P status, it's about the whole career and the opposition he fought. You can't deny that GSP opposition has been much tougher then anything AS had.

And finally...my comment about context is not about the 3 losses and the 3 can he fought after.

The context comment is about the begining of his career. You don't seem to take his early career into the context of the time he fought. Coleman, Schilt, Hearring are all excellent win whitin the context of there time. It's easy now to bitch and say how shitty those guy's are, like you love to say the sport has changed alot but it's no reason to take away any credit from Fedor to have destroyed those guys the exact same way you keep saying AS dealt with his opposition.

And BTW, just wanna say AS never fought a striker of the caliber of either Schilt or CC...just sayin....
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #130
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

Quote:
Of course, and it's one's career summed up. Fedor's got 3 stoppage losses iced off with 3 cans. Now do you know what topped off is? Because that's what is atop his resume.

Fedor got his head busted open and lost early in his career too, I don't know what the big friggin' deal is. The most significant thing to me is that my man has been a Champion in both eras, it's something that other Great fighters couldn't do. Not only that, but in the premiere organization in the World. At an advanced age. This just stacks heavily in his favor. Fedor is missing fighters like Brown Pride and JDS from his resume. Instead, he has losses to Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo.... A man that Anderson Silva tapped out, was punching out Fedor. There is just no way around having Dan Henderson on your resume, whether it's good or bad, Hendo is there. On paper.
Both era WTF are you blabering about ?

Silva never won a Pride title...
Old 01-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #131
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

Quote:
My friend, Fedor has 3 TKO losses and a tapout, there is no connection here. Especially since one of Anderson Silva's losses is by DQ

Lost to better competition? Whatever, but that's a poor excuse to me. Anderson Silva hasn't lost anything in a very long time. He also tapped out a man who had Fedor face down ass up, who they had to pull off of him before being punched out. So the man Fedor lost to was tapped out by Silva, now you remember that.

Funny how you assholes post such nonsense as I'm on my way out. Too late. I guess I'm back in, and I'm ignoring smileys and the like this time.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 01-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #132
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This is all giving me a headache. I don't mean that in the sense that you are making me think and reassess my positions. More like when you are arguing with a brick wall while two separate Yoko Ono tracks are being played at an uncomfortable level on either side of your ears.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #133
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Both era WTF are you blabering about ?

Silva never won a Pride title...
Cage Rage, about as significant as Fedor's SF Title. It's not like he was tapping out and losing that Title way back when either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
It is, and a silly thing to say. Absolutely silly. Lost to better competition? Anderson Silva beat a man Fedor lost to.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #134
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cage Rage, about as significant as Fedor's SF Title. It's not like he was tapping out and losing that Title way back when either.
That's true. Sure, he was tapped out after winning that belt, but it was in Pride, not Cage Rage. You got him there.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #135
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
This is all giving me a headache. I don't mean that in the sense that you are making me think and reassess my positions. More like when you are arguing with a brick wall while two separate Yoko Ono tracks are being played at an uncomfortable level on either side of your ears.
You don't see it yet, but I and others do. I can see it now, in a few years you all will be saying "He wasn't the Greatest then, but he is now". I know it, I'm fairly confident that Anderson Silva will continue to prove that he is The Greatest Mixed Martial Artist for this time, and for some time. My man stoo already believes he's the most talented, that's a step in the right direction.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum