boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #31
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122
Default Re: Bonte: 'If Vitali fights on, it'll be v the Arreola- Stiverne winner'

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Clear as day. Some of the excuses being put forth in this thread are nothing short of disgraceful
DrMo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #32
Leftsmash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400
Default Re: Bonte: 'If Vitali fights on, it'll be v the Arreola- Stiverne winner'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post

Clear as day. Some of the excuses being put forth in this thread are nothing short of disgraceful
I'm a fan of both these guys but why who wouldn't want this fight? Especially CHEF, You're always confident of what the brothers can do, but you should be full steam ahead for this one.
Leftsmash is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #33
Ultimate Boxing
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef View Post
nice avatar
Yep. (-:
Ultimate Boxing is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #34
uraharakisuke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 759

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobblock View Post
The Haye-Ruiz II bit was a joke. I don't think Vitali is as past it as many people, but I didn't enjoy Wlad-Haye much and I doubt Vitali-Haye would be more entertaining--honestly, I think it'd probably be even worse with less action. I think there are quite a few better fights to be made, rankings aside, than Vitali-Haye.
Fair enough but I imagine Vitali would bring the action more than Wlad did against Haye.

We'll never know now cos of Bonte the ****.
uraharakisuke is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #35
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1192

Fury or Price will neither give him a fight, I imagine.

Might never get a chance to fight for millions again.
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #36
skier47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Vitali's team know that Haye will fake an injury as the actual fight approaches like he did against both K-bros before. He will pull out of the fight at the last minute and Vitali will be a year older and that much farther from his prime. Vitali will end up in a hurry up fight against an Arreola to finish out his career so why not just fight Chris next and move on to politics. He's into his forties now and doesn't have time to waste with the unpredictable Haye.
skier47 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #37
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraharakisuke View Post
Fair enough but I imagine Vitali would bring the action more than Wlad did against Haye.
So you think Wlad was responsible for Wlad-Haye being boring? If that's the case, you probably think Wlad was responsible for Wlad-Ibragimov being boring. I disagree on both counts. Haye, like Ibragimov, was just there to survive for 12 rounds and collect a payday.

Quote:
We'll never know now cos of Bonte the ****.
Check out the article and throw out the bull**** thread title. Vitali-Haye is hardly off the table.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #38
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post

So you're saying that Vitali is a Canadian goose?

Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #39
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Imagine that, fighting on against his mandatory. How unusal. In before we get all the usual "he should have fought Haye, Towers, Price, ***ton, Chisora, McDermott etc............."
If the Arreola Stiverne winner is the mandatory, there you go.

Vitali is merely defending his title before he bows out.

And who can blame him for that? Especially when Haye has been passing on the terms he's been offered for a Vitali fight for a few years now.

Fight the mandatory, VK......
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #40
uraharakisuke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 759

Quote:
So you think Wlad was responsible for Wlad-Haye being boring? If that's the case, you probably think Wlad was responsible for Wlad-Ibragimov being boring. I disagree on both counts. Haye, like Ibragimov, was just there to survive for 12 rounds and collect a payday.

Check out the article and throw out the bull**** thread title. Vitali-Haye is hardly off the table.
I never said Wlad was responsible. It was more of a clash of styles. Wlad is a safety first, **** him up 2nd, fighter. His brother is more domineering, is less concerned with David's power. (btw I do think, even now, that Vitali would beat Haye).

Also Haye gets shat on by so many on this forum for "running" from Wlad. He spent the entire fight in range or there abouts, he just wasn't good enough to get to Wlad; but who is?
uraharakisuke is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #41
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Also: Geese are aggressive and powerful. They are always looking for a fight, and never back down.
They have powerful legs & feet, and have been known to use them as weapons.

Ducks, on the other hand, are easily intimidated. They make a lot of noise, but rarely back it up with action. They often "retire" for long periods of time, and can frequently be found in the jungle.

They are also known to have weak toes.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #42
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraharakisuke View Post
I never said Wlad was responsible. It was more of a clash of styles. Wlad is a safety first, **** him up 2nd, fighter. His brother is more domineering, is less concerned with David's power. (btw I do think, even now, that Vitali would beat Haye).

Also Haye gets shat on by so many on this forum for "running" from Wlad. He spent the entire fight in range or there abouts, he just wasn't good enough to get to Wlad; but who is?
Yes, to his credit, Haye did not run the entire Wlad fight. Let's be real about it.

But I think Haye is probably not being as agreeable with the Vitali fight terms as he seems to tell the public he is.

This accouncement by Bonte may be a ploy to get Haye to snap back to reality on his fight requirements, or else Vitali will fight someone else then bow out.................Leaving Haye without a mega fight to cash in on.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #43
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

Quote:
Wlad is not capable of finishing a strong opponent in the first half of a fight (Lewis-Golota, Lewis-Morrison, Lewis-Rahman II) look at a roided Wach, he was smothering his punches and unable to put his combinations together after throwing the 1-2. We all know this.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #44
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftsmash View Post
I'm a fan of both these guys but why who wouldn't want this fight? Especially CHEF, You're always confident of what the brothers can do, but you should be full steam ahead for this one.
are you talking haye fight?

I want the Vitali haye fight. Haye will get a big time beating.... but its not my choice. Im there do get vitali in fight shape and support him in whatever decision he makes
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #45
energie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

What a ***** move...
energie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum