Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #226
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176
Default Re: Deontay Wilders next fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
Hmmm. Regarding the Steward-Fury split, you wrote, quote: "I think the option was there for Fury to continue his training with Manny,but decided against it for his own personal reasons etc,"

you THINK, or you KNOW? If you know more than me about Fury, then you should be able to state this as a fact, and also state the specific reasons Fury "had."

What I know is that no one CHOOSES to leave Manny Steward in order to be trained by his uncle & father. Manny most likely saw all of Fury's incurable weaknesses, and decided to put his valuable time elsewhere. (And yes, that's also an opinion, but it makes a lot more sense.)

But OK, I appreciate your honesty here. Moving forward ......
It's been posted a few times in the past,by me and other fans of Fury,he was in a shitty place at the time mentally,thought it would benefit him more training at home .. his old man was in trouble with the law for gouging someones eye out etc before finally being jailed early in 2011 which sent him even further over the edge,his depression stayed with him pretty much throughout the entirety of 2011 .. his son was seriously ill etc Fury's battle with depression is no secret,he wanted to quit alltogether after the Pajkic fight.
lordgore is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #227
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Supposedly Jennings and Wilder was negotiated but GBP said the money was too low for wilder to the point that it wasn't a real offer. When GBP countered Main Events walked.
Wilder aint no great shakes. If he wants to up his profile (for his daughter's sake) then he should take whatever he's given.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #228
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Deontay makes good money, like I said if jennings makes more it isn't that much more and Deontay is now starting to step up the competition.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #229
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
It's been posted a few times in the past,by me and other fans of Fury,he was in a shitty place at the time mentally,thought it would benefit him more training at home .. his old man was in trouble with the law for gouging someones eye out etc before finally being jailed early in 2011 which sent him even further over the edge,his depression stayed with him pretty much throughout the entirety of 2011 .. his son was seriously ill etc Fury's battle with depression is no secret,he wanted to quit alltogether after the Pajkic fight.
OK, then. Thanks for this info.

Still, the fact that he's training with his Uncle and/or Dad, just the fact that he thought this would be a good move for whatever reason, is another reason to question Fury's future. - Shades of Golata?
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #230
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
Wilder aint no great shakes. If he wants to up his profile (for his daughter's sake) then he should take whatever he's given.
Read it again. It's GBP that killed the deal, not Wilder. - And you can bet that Jennings' people made that ridiculously low offer so the deal would not go through, yet it wouldn't look like they were ducking Wilder.

- And FWIW, in another thread, someone recently posted a translation of a statement from Manual Charr, in which Charr stated that Wilder has been calling him out on a regular basis.

No one will fight this guy.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #231
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 611

Wilder is a ****ing joke, as are most of his supporters.... Most of which are Klitschko and Fury haters. how can anybody bash K2, and Fury but praise the terrible bum crushing Wilder?
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #232
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I've seen Wilder supporters Bash David Price as well! whos pretty much a superior version of Wilder with probably more power, and better defensive skills(His defense still worries me a bit, but it's still Improved a lot more than Wilders)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #233
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
I've seen Wilder supporters Bash David Price as well! whos pretty much a superior version of Wilder with probably more power, and better defensive skills(His defense still worries me a bit, but it's still Improved a lot more than Wilders)
That's odd. I haven't. Being a big Wilder supporter, I read every thread with his name in it, and I have yet to see any Wilder supporter "bash" Price. Not once.

Just more stuff pulled out of your ass, Mr Unleash. You have zero credibility on ESB at this point ........

FWIW, as I've said many times, I think Price is the better fighter of the two, right now. He's slightly more proven, and we know he has a warrior's heart. - The one thing we do not yet know about Wilder.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #234
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
That's odd. I haven't. Being a big Wilder supporter, I read every thread with his name in it, and I have yet to see any Wilder supporter "bash" Price. Not once.

Just more stuff pulled out of your ass, Mr Unleash. You have zero credibility on ESB at this point ........

FWIW, as I've said many times, I think Price is the better fighter of the two, right now. He's slightly more proven, and we know he has a warrior's heart. - The one thing we do not yet know about Wilder.
How about you go read some of Gilfoids articles on the main page(he bashes Price ALL the time) how about you look at the comment section of his articles as well? I'm sure you'll see a few people on there bashing price while at the same time praising Wilder. I'm not pulling anything out of my ass, in boxing circles there are a lot of Wilder fans who bash Price.. At least you admit that Price is the better fighter, a lot of Wilder fans won't admit that.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #235
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
How about you go read some of Gilfoids articles on the main page(he bashes Price ALL the time) how about you look at the comment section of his articles as well? I'm sure you'll see a few people on there bashing price while at the same time praising Wilder. I'm not pulling anything out of my ass, in boxing circles there are a lot of Wilder fans who bash Price.. At least you admit that Price is the better fighter, a lot of Wilder fans won't admit that.
My bad, I thought you were talking about ESB.

Gilfoid is an idiot & a rabbid fan-boy, that's fairly obvious. He's an embarrassment to the rest of us Wilder supporters.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #236
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Wilder has an impressive (but padded record), he's being noticed/talked about on US TV channels because of it. Would be a good fight for Tyson Fury and would significantly improve Fury's "brand" in the US.
JohnH is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #237
Espin88
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1229

Quote:
True, but most of the people commenting on his articles are clearly morons who DKSAB, as for Gilfoid i don't even know where to start, i'm surprised he gets away with his racist articles.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #238
Predicto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie leon View Post
When a young fighter is being protected to this extent, his handlers will have a reason for it and it's usually not a reason they'll shout off the rooftops.

In this case, getting knocked down by the likes of Harold effing Sconiers might give one an indication of what that reason might be..

Bingo.

That said, Greer is another step up anyway... At least he's been KO'ed by some good fighters.
Predicto is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #239
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

26 have tried. 26 have failed
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #240
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
How doesn't he respect his opponents?
How is he arrogant?

LOL
Exactly. Just more crap from the Wilder-bashers. He's one of the most humble fighters there ever was.

He made ONE self-congratulatory comment, wherein, responding to all of his detractors, he said that he's already accomplished more then any of them ever will. Well, that's true, is it not?

Other than that, he has many, MANY times talked about his weaknesses, and how he's been working hard to correct them. He has spoken specifically about his (formerly) ill-used left hand, and about his balance/ footwork. - Both of which are now vastly improved.

He has constantly called out higher-level opponents, but they won't fight him. Fury said no. Charr said no. Jennings' camp made a ridiculous offer that they knew would be turned down, then balked at GBP's counter-offer.

But his detractors just keep on with the same old crap.

It sure would be nice to have an intelligent discussion about Wilder & the other top prospects, but that seems impossible when so many posters have completely lost touch with reality.

Wilder is an immensely talented HW, who may or may not have the heart to survive an onslaught from a powerful & aggressive fighter (Such as Price.) - And he's certainly not ready for Wlad. He also has the best OH right I've ever seen, regardless of opposition, and now has a deadly left as well. He's as fast, or faster, than Muhammad Ali was, and he trains like a mother****er.

He doesn't make the fights, but he takes whatever they give him, and fights 5-6 times a year.

This is not enough?
-----------------------------------------------

Final statement, FWIW:

In August 2012, (2 years after he gave up on Tyson Fury) MANNY STEWARD told RingTV :

"When you talk about the best American heavyweight prospects and all of that, Deontay Wilder is right at the top of my list... As far as the American fighters, he's No. 1 to me among the American heavyweights. I think that he could step up and challenge in one year. I'm talking within the next 12 months, if he can step up and challenge other fighters.

This fight that he's got coming up on Saturday, (Manswell) it ain't shit…. He's got to start fighting some real fighters, and when he does, you know what? He'll beat them. SO I THINK THAT THE BEST HEAVYWEIGHT PROSPECT FOR WINNING THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE IS DEONTAY WILDER."

(one source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] )

Paulie M and Tim Withersoon also think Wilder is destined to be the champ. And, of course, Wlad said Wilder was the best sparring partner he's ever had.

- But what do these guys know, right?
-------------------------------------------

Personally, I think his heart is still a big question. He seems like the type that might quit when the going gets really rough, and I could see Price beating him by applying hard pressure on the inside. Wlad would simply toy with him and win a boring decision.

But that's right now. Time will tell, and GBP will need to step up THEIR game to make things happen.
I remain extremely psyched for Wilder's future.

Last edited by Cableaddict; 01-17-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum